Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

meeting people on fabs with no verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do many people do this??, we would like to do this but we prefer that they have been verified on here by another member??

What's the thoughts on this??

C and D x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

well we were all not verified when we first join

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Yes, have met people without veris but as I like o meet socially for a coffee or something first one out its not a problem for me. That way there are no expectations of anything happening an we can then take it further another time if we wish

over a year ago

I've met a couple of guys for coffee that's had no veri's, sometime you need to take the chance, and how else will they get verified if no one meets them...!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/04/13 13:48:22]

over a year ago

"Do many people do this??, we would like to do this but we prefer that they have been verified on here by another member??

What's the thoughts on this??

C and D x"

I tend to find 8 out of 10 are timewasters when not verified but we all have to start non verifified

over a year ago

i would give any 1 chance to prove themselves as said before - give it a chance dont knock it back

over a year ago

"i would give any 1 chance to prove themselves as said before - give it a chance dont knock it back"

I do the same but had a few timewasters x

over a year ago

"i would give any 1 chance to prove themselves as said before - give it a chance dont knock it back

I do the same but had a few timewasters x "

thats the chance you have to take

over a year ago

Thanks guys , its our preference but you are right, we all start with no veris xxx

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Thanks guys , its our preference but you are right, we all start with no veris xxx"

Not forgetting there's many people who would comsider people with more webcam than meet in person veri's as not worth arranging to meet.

Then there's people who just have the tick, but no veri's displayed. How would anyone know if they were verified by meet or cam.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Take a chance on them....

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

It's worth taking chance now and then have met some great folk here

over a year ago

We would meet people without verifications if the females had spoken on the phone and we had seen pics. Have a drink and a blether and see how it goes.

over a year ago

Miss behave, your points are very valid esp with a guy we were gonna meet as he had the tick but no veris shown.

True also with the webcam stuff, many can be veried on there, of our 3 veris 2 are webcams and 1 is a meet so we can understand that totally.

Ps : very sexy profile miss b x

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Miss behave, your points are very valid esp with a guy we were gonna meet as he had the tick but no veris shown.

True also with the webcam stuff, many can be veried on there, of our 3 veris 2 are webcams and 1 is a meet so we can understand that totally.

Ps : very sexy profile miss b x"

It's always a bit of a gamble meeting for the first time though. But sometimes it's worth the gamble veris or no veris

over a year ago

"Miss behave, your points are very valid esp with a guy we were gonna meet as he had the tick but no veris shown.

Ps : very sexy profile miss b x

It's always a bit of a gamble meeting for the first time though. But sometimes it's worth the gamble veris or no veris "

over a year ago

I don't go by verifications.

over a year ago

"I don't go by verifications."
nor do i but a lot do

over a year ago

Coffee meet seems like a good idea

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Coffee meet seems like a good idea "

Works for me

over a year ago

"Coffee meet seems like a good idea "

I love my coffee, even got my own coffee machine, so I can have a Costa at home.

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Coffee meet seems like a good idea

I love my coffee, even got my own coffee machine, so I can have a Costa at home. "

Shhhhh!! Don't mention costa - cutie will be after it lol

over a year ago

I think a single guy is more likely to take a chance on a woman/cpl who haven't been veried, as generally guys get less offers.

As I'm playing as a cpl at the moment my playmate insists on speaking to the female of a cpl or single female if they don't have any veries and so far all the ones that plead that they are a genuine the minute you ask to speak to the female the line of communication immediately stops.

Makes it pretty hard for the genuine folk to stand a chance of getting a meet but there is options such as going to clubs(dont have to play) or socials to be seen as genuine and get a verie.

over a year ago

"Coffee meet seems like a good idea

I love my coffee, even got my own coffee machine, so I can have a Costa at home. "

so it's a coffee meet in your gaff then lol

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I think a single guy is more likely to take a chance on a woman/cpl who haven't been veried, as generally guys get less offers.

As I'm playing as a cpl at the moment my playmate insists on speaking to the female of a cpl or single female if they don't have any veries and so far all the ones that plead that they are a genuine the minute you ask to speak to the female the line of communication immediately stops.

Makes it pretty hard for the genuine folk to stand a chance of getting a meet but there is options such as going to clubs(dont have to play) or socials to be seen as genuine and get a verie."

I'm not sure it's because guys have less offers but more to do with safety. (Sorry ladies - I'm probably going to sound sexist now. Not my intention ). I think single ladies safety is harder to protect in a first meet than a guys. But as long as you meet socially in a public place with plenty if people around then you t least have the ability to ask for help if something goes wrong.

over a year ago

I meet unverified guys from time to time, but you DO have to be careful, lots of chat!

Sometimes you've just gotta help the boys out with their profiles, its not easy getting started in this lifestyle!

over a year ago

It took us a wee while to get verified, but eventually a lovely couple took a chance on us, and it worked out really well.

Sometimes you just have to give the new people a chance, as we were all unverified once.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I don't have a problem meeting unverified guys, we've all got to start somewhere.

In fact, in the 4 years I have been on here have only encountered 1 "timewaster" and he WAS verified!!

By *uncouple981Couple
over a year ago

ayrshire

We have met unverified people before and would do it again. Got to start somewhere. X

over a year ago

Thank goodness for the ladies and couples who do meet non verified guys ! Some of us are actually really nice decent guys !! We all have to start off ....dont we ?? Anyway thanks to the ladies who met me.....I now have a couple of verifications....but to be honest. .it doesn't suddenly bring massive amounts of attention to your profile !! Always willing to meet for coffee first....you have to see if there is a spark between you both !!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I meet unverified guys from time to time, but you DO have to be careful, lots of chat!

Sometimes you've just gotta help the boys out with their profiles, its not easy getting started in this lifestyle! "

Some guys just get it but others don't. Then there are the ones who ask questions on the forums or ask for help with their profile and thank god for the ladies that give them constructive comments

over a year ago

Nope

Wouldnt meet unverified singles Or cpls

Auds x

over a year ago

I agree that guys probably will take chances on folk without Veris, & that meeting for coffee in a coffee house is probably wiser.

People with Veris can also be timewasters too, so I guess it's down to your gut instincts as to whether it's worth your time & effort.

I'd suggest lots if chat, exchange a (face) pic & decide for yourself based on the profile, chat & pic if you want to meet. Everyone starts without a Veri & there are still some that can surprise you & show up.

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Yes would defo meet people without veris, we were all new once and if folk didnt meet us how on earth would that work. Last few people we have met havent had verifications and were lovely people x

over a year ago

"Yes would defo meet people without veris, we were all new once and if folk didnt meet us how on earth would that work. Last few people we have met havent had verifications and were lovely people x"

I agree

over a year ago

"Yes would defo meet people without veris, we were all new once and if folk didnt meet us how on earth would that work. Last few people we have met havent had verifications and were lovely people x

I agree "

I've met Teasy & all she had was a note from the Doctor.

over a year ago

new to the site and no verifications adds up...i avoid the on over a year unverifieds personally.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

i often meet non verified people , first for a coffee in public place so no pressure and also safer. recently i spoke to someone who had been on site for year + without any and they said it was because no one took these social verifications seriously on a profile and that people just believed the sexier ones.

personally i would prefer a social one as it shows the person is willing to show up and not expect sex, afterall we may not like what we see in the flesh or the persons attitude when not safe behind a computer or phone.

over a year ago

"Yes would defo meet people without veris, we were all new once and if folk didnt meet us how on earth would that work. Last few people we have met havent had verifications and were lovely people x

I agree

I've met Teasy & all she had was a note from the Doctor. "

It said Pleas be careful she is special lol....

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I agree

It said Pleas be careful she is special lol.... "

Aye, special needs!!

over a year ago

I agree

Aye, special needs!! "

lol. watch it Fracture^^ xxx

over a year ago

I ALWAYS meet for a coffee and chat first.

Doesn't matter if verified or not. If they bother to turn up for a coffee and chat then as far as I am concerned that is verification enough for me.

If they are genuine and we hit it off I will verify them which on turn has them off the ladder and then on the "trusted" list

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I agree

Aye, special needs!!

lol. watch it Fracture^^ xxx "

That's Mrs Fracture to you, bint

over a year ago

"i often meet non verified people , first for a coffee in public place so no pressure and also safer. recently i spoke to someone who had been on site for year + without any and they said it was because no one took these social verifications seriously on a profile and that people just believed the sexier ones.

personally i would prefer a social one as it shows the person is willing to show up and not expect sex, afterall we may not like what we see in the flesh or the persons attitude when not safe behind a computer or phone."

not sure if im reading it correctly. been on site over a year....got themselves verified at socials..but if you look up their profile even those ones are hidden along with the sexy meet ones ? i think they help in the selection process of who you may want to meet and that generally happens via here on computer or phone quite often.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I've met unverified guys in the past and had some great meets.

However if someone was on here over a year without being verified then I'd think twice about meeting because I honestly think if they were genuine enough someone would have picked up on that .

As has been said before everyone deserves a chance xxx

over a year ago

was getting a lot of knock back from a few when i first join

now am verified after attending a social

its pick up a bit better for me

over a year ago

I have met some who were not verified, never had a problem with it as long as I see a face picture

over a year ago

"I've met unverified guys in the past and had some great meets.

However if someone was on here over a year without being verified then I'd think twice about meeting because I honestly think if they were genuine enough someone would have picked up on that .

As has been said before everyone deserves a chance xxx "

Agree about the gettin chance certainly, im no too comfy with this endorsing un verifieds, the verification system is there to help all.

How often does "timewasters" or "fakes" threads ping up on forums, i would of thought if you were a busy "career fake" (if such a thing,maybe), youd be messaging yer ass off, getting you thrill out of getting a reply, then maybe added thrill of exchanging more messages, and the ulimate goal,,,gleaning access to private pics by becoming Friend listed, complete with your zero verifications to kinda give those that overlooked that a bit of a clue, its a theory, maybe im totally wrong and fakes get themselves verified by their blarney skills too.

Would not be impossible, yer mate tells you about fab, yer mate pings you a verification to get yourself a lovely reassuring green tick, and bingo your fakeness has just had added reality put on it.

Sorry but i think people are compounding the timewaster/fake problem, by saying, achh just tell us bare minimum about yourself, hide everything and dinnae worry we know your real.

Its just an opinion on it, im not saying what others should or must do with profiles, im just saying how it adds to the lottery of who is real or fake, its not fair on the genuine folks particularly.

over a year ago

I agree

Aye, special needs!!

lol. watch it Fracture^^ xxx

That's Mrs Fracture to you, bint "

xxx why ty xx Mrs Fracture

over a year ago

Agree about the gettin chance certainly, im no too comfy with this endorsing un verifieds, the verification system is there to help all.

How often does "timewasters" or "fakes" threads ping up on forums, i would of thought if you were a busy "career fake" (if such a thing,maybe), youd be messaging yer ass off, getting you thrill out of getting a reply, then maybe added thrill of exchanging more messages, and the ulimate goal,,,gleaning access to private pics by becoming Friend listed, complete with your zero verifications to kinda give those that overlooked that a bit of a clue, its a theory, maybe im totally wrong and fakes get themselves verified by their blarney skills too.

Would not be impossible, yer mate tells you about fab, yer mate pings you a verification to get yourself a lovely reassuring green tick, and bingo your fakeness has just had added reality put on it.

Sorry but i think people are compounding the timewaster/fake problem, by saying, achh just tell us bare minimum about yourself, hide everything and dinnae worry we know your real.

Its just an opinion on it, im not saying what others should or must do with profiles, im just saying how it adds to the lottery of who is real or fake, its not fair on the genuine folks particularly."

Hahaha...

I can't believe you ended that wee rant with...."Its not fair..."

Why leave the responsibility of vetting the people you intend to be intimate with to someone else? just because someone is verified does not mean they are going to be trustworthy in every situation..or respectful with every meet... Maybe people should make up their own minds and stop waiting for others to take all the risks for them!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Its just an opinion on it, im not saying what others should or must do with profiles, im just saying how it adds to the lottery of who is real or fake, its not fair on the genuine folks particularly.

Hahaha...

Why leave the responsibility of vetting the people you intend to be intimate with to someone else? just because someone is verified does not mean they are going to be trustworthy in every situation..or respectful with every meet... Maybe people should make up their own minds and stop waiting for others to take all the risks for them! "

Ultimately it's down to every individual on fab to make their own decisions about whether to meet someone or not and what may be right for me may not be right for someone else so whilst veris can be a guide they aren't a guarantee. Nothing in life is. So you just have to use your best judgement

over a year ago

Hahaha...

Why leave the responsibility of vetting the people you intend to be intimate with to someone else? just because someone is verified does not mean they are going to be trustworthy in every situation..or respectful with every meet... Maybe people should make up their own minds and stop waiting for others to take all the risks for them! "

pretty sure i termed verifications a help..i never said they were a guarantee to the meet of yer life on a weekly basis..lol

over a year ago

put simply...i think they help

Post new Message to Thread