Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Is it hard to say no?

Jump to newest

By *otwife Coolhub OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bathgate

If you meet someone you really don't want to go with, how hard is it to say no and would you be offended if you we're the person they said no to?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No just be diplomatic and not offensive

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"If you meet someone you really don't want to go with, how hard is it to say no and would you be offended if you we're the person they said no to? "
I used to be really bad at letting people down and would often string them along saying yeah well meet when we have time ..time which of coruse i never seemed to have lol

Then i thought its not really fair stringing people along ao i tell them str8 that things wont go any further than a social meet ...if im intrested they know pretty quicky that i am

over a year ago

Bathgate

I haven't met anyone that I'd say no to yet lol, just wondered! Would hate to be in that position!

over a year ago

Bathgate

"If you meet someone you really don't want to go with, how hard is it to say no and would you be offended if you we're the person they said no to? I used to be really bad at letting people down and would often string them along saying yeah well meet when we have time ..time which of coruse i never seemed to have lol

Then i thought its not really fair stringing people along ao i tell them str8 that things wont go any further than a social meet ...if im intrested they know pretty quicky that i am "

Wouldn't string folk along at all, but if we met and I didn't fancy it, think saying no would be hard! Would feel like if wasted folks time!

over a year ago

"I haven't met anyone that I'd say no to yet lol, just wondered! Would hate to be in that position! "
Ohh you will be one day just be str8 and honest keep it nice and say ud still like to keep in touch with them then the balls in their court if they want to or not xxx

By *aveandSue1Couple
over a year ago

Doncaster

"No just be diplomatic and not offensive"

Agree, but having said that, Sue has given a few "mercy shags" because she didn't want to let them down.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't find it hard at all. Anyone I meet knows there's no guarantee (or expectation) of anything happening. If nothings going to happen I'll be honest with them.

It wouldn't bother me at all to be told no thanks either... We can't all want to play with everyone we meet.

over a year ago

Do and dont understand this all at the same time.

Much messaging, checking profiles, pics and deciding meeting might be fun and BOOM, nobody is/was who they seem?

Now is that how they look? How they act? or even what they say? That is poss,happens even, i just dont get how youd both be in that situation in the first place.

over a year ago

"No just be diplomatic and not offensive

Agree, but having said that, Sue has given a few "mercy shags" because she didn't want to let them down. "

I walked away from a meet after I knocked at the door and the smell of the house hit me, they looked nothing like their pictures and could of done with a good bath, so it was a no chance for me

over a year ago

"I don't find it hard at all. Anyone I meet knows there's no guarantee (or expectation) of anything happening. If nothings going to happen I'll be honest with them.

It wouldn't bother me at all to be told no thanks either... We can't all want to play with everyone we meet."

over a year ago

Agree, but having said that, Sue has given a few "mercy shags" because she didn't want to let them down.

I walked away from a meet after I knocked at the door and the smell of the house hit me, they looked nothing like their pictures and could of done with a good bath, so it was a no chance for me "

snap!!!

We used the excuse i wasnt feeling well Lol

Well i wasnt...the state if the cpl were making me feel sick

Auds x

Ps...never ever Do mercy shags ffs

over a year ago

I walked away from a meet after I knocked at the door and the smell of the house hit me, they looked nothing like their pictures and could of done with a good bath, so it was a no chance for me "

Kev u just caught me on a bad day sorry

By *autious CoupleCouple
over a year ago

home

That is the very reason we always have a social meet first ...if at the end of the day we feel we don't want to play we will tell them in a message rather to their face we find it easier that way and it happens to us as well not everyone is for everyone then move on.

over a year ago

I the mrs find it very hard to say no to anyone for anything not so gd 4 on here lol

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"If you meet someone you really don't want to go with, how hard is it to say no and would you be offended if you we're the person they said no to? "

have no issue saying no and no issues with people whove said no to me . after all you cant be everyones cup of tea.

as for being offended being told no ...absolutly not ! id find it far more offensive if someone just slept with me just for the sake of it .

over a year ago

"Do and dont understand this all at the same time.

Much messaging, checking profiles, pics and deciding meeting might be fun and BOOM, nobody is/was who they seem?

Now is that how they look? How they act? or even what they say? That is poss,happens even, i just dont get how youd both be in that situation in the first place."

Not everyone is for everyone, i totally know that part, but as i say, the site is set up to help you choose who you may like to meet, either info and pics are missleading or your entertaining what essentially you are kinda not sure of by building up to meeting.

If you conclude you've been totally misslead by the profile i understand the choice to not swing as such.

And the chap suddenly seeing the meet place was manky, i get why that would put a halt to things.

By *issyForDommeTV/TS
over a year ago

glasgow

"I used to be really bad at letting people down and would often string them along saying yeah well meet when we have time ..time which of coruse i never seemed to have lol

Then i thought its not really fair stringing people along ao i tell them str8 that things wont go any further than a social meet ...if im intrested they know pretty quicky that i am "

As someone who's been on the recieving end of being strung along, constantly being told they want to meet but never seem able to make the time, i'd rather they were just honest and said so rather than me getting my hopes up and wasting months of my time. (I'll just clarify that i've never been on the end of miss d's string lol.)

Always be honest and up front, always have a social meet but if you already know before that then dont even let it go that far-or as said try break it gently either there or by message after the social meet if that's where you decide.

over a year ago

Agree, but having said that, Sue has given a few "mercy shags" because she didn't want to let them down. "

Hahaha "Mercy shags" haha love this saying!!

over a year ago

no means no nothing wrong with being honest even if some dont like it

over a year ago

Bathgate

Yeah I could see that happening.

over a year ago

Bathgate

Ha ha yeah that would defo be a no no. Guess we've been lucky so far then.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Mercy Shag ?? .I think id be more offended by getting a mercy shag than just being told " Sorry, but this aint happening" lol..

Yes, and i have said "No Thanks" on more than one occasion.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Never promise or guarantee anything more than a coffee/tea/drink and a chat. In 4years on here, have only said "not for me" twice, both times been accepted.

over a year ago

If its done tactfully, then it isn't an issue for either party.

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I don't think it's hard to say no as long as you are polite. I prefer to meet for a coffee first time out anyway so there is no pressure to do anything anyway

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I would say no easily if i really wasnt interested...

And I certainly would not be offended if someone said no to me....

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 07/04/13 11:48:51]

over a year ago

No

and

No

Lol!