Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Basic lack of decency and manners

Jump to newest

By *ANDA! OP   Man
3 days ago

DUMFRIES

Now...I'm never one to complain about Fab. I've been here (off and on) long enough as a single male to know it's a struggle to meet, 99% of messages go ignored. That's cool.

But

When did we stop being anywhere near nice to eachother? When did basic respects just not be a thing any more?

Case in point. 16ish hrs ago a couple local to me "looking for a single male while hubby is away"

This morning I sent a message "good morning, happy Friday. Did you manage to find your single male?"

"Not yet do you have face pic"

"I do...but firstly...do you mind facial hair and when we're you planning to meet?"

Now...they're not difficult questions to answer. And I asked because I have facial hair, some people find this a turn off. And I'm only available till 3pm. So imo it's a reasonable ask. If there was any issues with either facial hair or times that's it...dealt with, got out the way no ones precious time is wasted.

2 minutes later I find myself been blocked. I know we can do what we like, block whoever we like etc...but is there really any need? A simple reply would have sufficed. "Sorry, don't do beards". Ok cool, no hard feelings, enjoy your day, hope you find what you're wanting. I honestly try to be as nice and respectful as possible here but by fuck people make it difficult. Did I do anything wrong? I don't think so

[End rant]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ookie69Man
3 days ago

Whistle Dixie

Perhaps, the lack of decency and manners is a generalisation of society not entirely Fab.

I’m not sure why you’re airing dirty washing about a couple who is well within their right to block you when they feel they want too.

The problem may lie with you as you can’t handle the rejection.

Don’t waste your time on someone who isn’t prepared to waste their time on you.

Just move on from it bud.

Good luck

By *ANDA! OP   Man
3 days ago

DUMFRIES

You're probably right, it's more a social issue overall than simply a Fab issue. But we're all here for the same reason, so why can't we just have basic manners and politeness towards eachother?

Am I airing dirty washing? I've mentioned no names. It was a case in point, I didn't call anyone out, I'm not one to name & shame.

Handling rejection is second nature to me friend, it comes with the territory when you've lived my life but I'm not going to give anyone a sob story about it

By *ailorAndJerryCouple
3 days ago

Inverness

Maybe their experience to date has been if they go no thanks they then get into a ping pong of messages of but why not.

So easiest is just block. Block means no.

By *uriousscot1TV/TS
2 days ago

Glasgow

"Now...I'm never one to complain about Fab. I've been here (off and on) long enough as a single male to know it's a struggle to meet, 99% of messages go ignored. That's cool.

But

When did we stop being anywhere near nice to eachother? When did basic respects just not be a thing any more?

Case in point. 16ish hrs ago a couple local to me "looking for a single male while hubby is away"

This morning I sent a message "good morning, happy Friday. Did you manage to find your single male?"

"I do...but firstly...do you mind facial hair and when we're you planning to meet?"

Now...they're not difficult questions to answer. And I asked because I have facial hair, some people find this a turn off. And I'm only available till 3pm. So imo it's a reasonable ask. If there was any issues with either facial hair or times that's it...dealt with, got out the way no ones precious time is wasted.

2 minutes later I find myself been blocked. I know we can do what we like, block whoever we like etc...but is there really any need? A simple reply would have sufficed. "Sorry, don't do beards". Ok cool, no hard feelings, enjoy your day, hope you find what you're wanting. I honestly try to be as nice and respectful as possible here but by fuck people make it difficult. Did I do anything wrong? I don't think so

[End rant]

"

Lack of comments on here too try and deny your comment, would suggest you are bang on

By *orl1971Couple
2 days ago

Glasgow

"Maybe their experience to date has been if they go no thanks they then get into a ping pong of messages of but why not.

So easiest is just block. Block means no. "

We always get back to people, including single guys. People say if you reject then you get the ‘why’ message or get abuse. Yes that can happen but it’s a tiny minority compared to the number who say “Thanks for replying and good luck “.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
2 days ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

It does seem a bit harsh to block for the reasons you have given but we all have preferences at the end of the day.

This is just this couples way of filtering out those they don't want to meet with.

Don't read too much into it and just enjoy the people who are interested in you .

By *nomeo_and_julietCouple
2 days ago

Near Glasgow

OP have you considered that you might have been one of hundreds, even into the 1000+ range to message them

Sometimes thers just no time to reply to everyone or it becomes overwhelming

G

By *orl1971Couple
2 days ago

Glasgow

"OP have you considered that you might have been one of hundreds, even into the 1000+ range to message them

G"

But according to the OP they had already at least started a conversation with him. To just block seems a bit ignorant when it takes literally ten secs to say “Sorry you’re not for us”.

People seem to forget there are human beings at the other end especially when messages have already been exchanged.

By *tirling DarkCouple
2 days ago

Stirling

Just take it as a "no". It isn't ignorance, they don't know you and obviously don't want to get to know you. As others have said it saves the ping bong of messages.

By *agnar73Man
2 days ago

Glasgow

Move on.

No reply is a reply.

By *ouple24669Couple
2 days ago

Brechin

"OP have you considered that you might have been one of hundreds, even into the 1000+ range to message them

G

But according to the OP they had already at least started a conversation with him. To just block seems a bit ignorant when it takes literally ten secs to say “Sorry you’re not for us”.

People seem to forget there are human beings at the other end especially when messages have already been exchanged. "

Maybe it does seem ignorant but posting a rant (op’s word) about it is frankly ridiculous.

They, for whatever reason decided they no longer wanted to talk. Easiest way to do that is block…..it’s their time and their choice. Suck it up and move on.

If you’re going to get this bothered about it then fab really isn’t the place for you.

By *onnycoxxxMan
1 day ago

Ayr

I understand a rant about it, but tbh no one cares that much. Good luck. Maybe tell us when someone does reply.

By *rBiscuitMan
1 day ago

Aberdeen

Rude fookers in here, men .women & even couples. Just a fact off fab

By *enelope2UWoman
14 hours ago

Fife

"Now...I'm never one to complain about Fab. I've been here (off and on) long enough as a single male to know it's a struggle to meet, 99% of messages go ignored. That's cool.

But

[End rant]

"

Well you replied with a reply Vs answering the question. It was their topic thus their control of the conversation. I'd blocked you too

By *aylorMan
13 hours ago

Fife

No reply or being blocked is life, society is fucked we all know, especially with people feeling entitled.

Maybe I'm just getting auld before my time

By *omble 69Man
8 hours ago

Symington

Manners and respect cost nothing

Being a married guy on here obviously playing without wife's knowledge which I'm upfront in profile about and happy to tell anyone who asks why I'm doing this the amount of abuse and judgement I get is ridiculous when your just trying to get as much out of life when you can.

By *et another guyMan
6 hours ago

near Glasgow

Par for the course as a guy in here we are out numbered thousands to one so it's normal.

Yes be nice to have a no thanks but many feel they have so much choice they do not need to

By *spressoMartini69xMan
5 hours ago

Angus

"Manners and respect cost nothing

Being a married guy on here obviously playing without wife's knowledge which I'm upfront in profile about and happy to tell anyone who asks why I'm doing this the amount of abuse and judgement I get is ridiculous when your just trying to get as much out of life when you can.

"

Don’t virtue signal mate. You are doing this at your wife’s expense. It’s despicable and you know it!

By *L100Couple
4 hours ago

Glasgow

"Manners and respect cost nothing

"

‘’Don’t virtue signal mate. You are doing this at your wife’s expense. It’s despicable and you know it!’’

Yes! The audacity.

By *L100Couple
4 hours ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 01/07/24 11:27:48]

Post new Message to Thread