Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Glasses

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just got my first pair ever today as it turns out I'm a tiny bit long sighted and my god its hard to get used to, keep thinking stuff is closer than it is. Does it take long before they become normal?

That and I look a bit geeky.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iscottishMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Couple days u be fine dude

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

it'll take a few days, take care and please wear them, geeky better than blind!!

over a year ago

geeky is the new sexy bud

over a year ago

Been wearing mine 30 year am a old geek

over a year ago

After a week youl get used to them

over a year ago

All the best folk wear glasses.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Im must admit i could never get used to glasses when i got them so i switched to contact lenses for everyday wear and i still use my glasses when im at home ...it wasnt really the lenses that were the problem i just couldnt get used to them on my face all day lol

By *iscottishMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Tho nose pad sores are a bitch lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I got my very first pair last year ...for reading ...took a few days to get used to everytime I looked up from reading was freaky lol

By *erverts R usCouple
over a year ago

Stirling

"geeky is the new sexy bud"

Sexy as hell xx

over a year ago

"Tho nose pad sores are a bitch lol"

No freakin' way!

Thats not a thing is it?

By *iscottishMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

If they ain't fitted right but nothing that a quick poke can't fix don't worry

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

I love geeks

over a year ago

Well geekiness us something I have in abundance!

That and social awkwardness, sadly they go hand in clammy hand.

over a year ago

Total geek here . I'm due my yearly check up soon. Just be thankful your not blind like me. Costs me not far under 100 just to get my lenses thinned down. Other wise Id have Deidre Barlow specs. Embrace your geekyness.

By *lasgowguy64Man
over a year ago

Hamilton

been wearing them since I was seven so fair to say I'm used to them now at 48... been wearing contacts on and off for 20+ years too but still prefer the Gregories (unless I want to see what I'm eating)

over a year ago

I had glasses for years and hated them and couldn't wear contacts so got laser surgery done about 6 years,ago and it was worth every penny.... but some people look very sexy with glasses

over a year ago

Dont forget your only long sighted so you dont need them for walking around or driving

over a year ago

"I love geeks "

Did I mention I play dungeons and dragins, world of warcraft and collect milk bottle tops?

;-)

over a year ago

"I love geeks

Did I mention I play dungeons and dragins, world of warcraft and collect milk bottle tops?

;-)"

over a year ago

"Dont forget your only long sighted so you dont need them for walking around or driving "

How do you work that out...I'm long sighted and deffo need mine for driving

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You are in the same boat as my younger son then. He's just got a pair of glasses as he's long sighted. He has to have them for a year and then hopefully he won't need them after that

over a year ago

"Dont forget your only long sighted so you dont need them for walking around or driving

How do you work that out...I'm long sighted and deffo need mine for driving "

Long sighted means you cant see up close e.g reading short sighted means you cant see distance

over a year ago

i love wearing glasses - get a few pairs so you can change your look.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"You are in the same boat as my younger son then. He's just got a pair of glasses as he's long sighted. He has to have them for a year and then hopefully he won't need them after that "
Both my son and daughter were told that they are now 25 and 18 and both wear glasses and contacts

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"You are in the same boat as my younger son then. He's just got a pair of glasses as he's long sighted. He has to have them for a year and then hopefully he won't need them after that Both my son and daughter were told that they are now 25 and 18 and both wear glasses and contacts "

Yep, I think he's going to have them for life to be honest. His mum has had glasses since she was 6 so I think he's inherited it from her. Luckily he said its only been hurting for a couple of weeks so I hope we got it early

over a year ago

I wear contact lenses by day and switch to my glasses at night. Have a helluva habit of losing them hence the lenses

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"All the best folk wear glasses. "

& me too

By *ir laugh a lotMan
over a year ago

glasgow

my spec prescription is around £600 after i get plastic non scratch lenses and thinned down but i found a place in hillington thats almost 50% less expensive although they dont do free prescription sunglasses which i prefer when buying new specs i used contact lenses for years n years but got fed up using them but i have worn specs since i was five and ina day ortwo you wont know your wearing them till you need to clean them

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"Well geekiness us something I have in abundance!

That and social awkwardness, sadly they go hand in clammy hand."

I like social awkwardness, it's been my friend my entire life thankfully there is a cure..

over a year ago

Do share the cure I have been searching for years!

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"Do share the cure I have been searching for years!"

it's easy, alcohol and fellow geeks :D Obviously like most cures it doesn't always work, but it can give a fantastic sense of release and acceptance.

over a year ago

"Do share the cure I have been searching for years!

it's easy, alcohol and fellow geeks :D Obviously like most cures it doesn't always work, but it can give a fantastic sense of release and acceptance."

over a year ago

"Dont forget your only long sighted so you dont need them for walking around or driving

How do you work that out...I'm long sighted and deffo need mine for driving

Long sighted means you cant see up close e.g reading short sighted means you cant see distance "

I know what long and short sight is

over a year ago

If you know the difference why do you need glasses to drive if your long sighted ??

over a year ago

"If you know the difference why do you need glasses to drive if your long sighted ??"

Because its not as simple as you make it out obviously lolol

over a year ago

"If you know the difference why do you need glasses to drive if your long sighted ??"

The optician did say I they'd also be a lot easier on my eyes if I drove.

over a year ago

"If you know the difference why do you need glasses to drive if your long sighted ??

The optician did say I they'd also be a lot easier on my eyes if I drove."

Without being big headed I used to be a chemistry engineer for a contact lens manufacturer .be careful if your eyesight is poor for reading and your prescription is more than +2.00 if you wear them while driving your gonna crash lol if your prescription is less then just buy cheap reading glasses from a pound shop lol ifyour sslightly shortsighted as well your glasses will be variofocals and there be fine youve probaly already experienced looking up with them on and its like a magnifying glass lol

over a year ago

"If you know the difference why do you need glasses to drive if your long sighted ??

Without being big headed I used to be a chemistry engineer for a contact lens manufacturer "

I'm surprised to see you managed a degree in chemical engineering as well as having time to train as a "joiner/landscaper/plasterer/plumber"

PMSFL

over a year ago

Its been 15years since I worked in chemistry and just so you know im not lying my mum died and I changed my life and my career

over a year ago

"Its been 15years since I worked in chemistry and just so you know im not lying my mum died and I changed my life and my career"

Sorry, I'll get my violin.

over a year ago

Smartarse

over a year ago

"All the best folk wear glasses. "

By *iscottishMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sorry you can drive with a plus perscription

over a year ago

"Smartarse"

The OP has been given advice by a qualified optician to wear glasses for driving and you are telling him he doesn't need them. Dream on!

I only wear glasses for reading and it took me about 6weeks to get used to them, hopefully the op will get used to wearing them and be able to judge distances well soon.

Good luck with the glasses

over a year ago

Jesus does everyone here always try and pick arguements? All I said was if his glasses were really strong he should get used to them first before driving with them ??? And if there really strong wearing them all the time will strain his eyes.being shortsighted is completely different cos you pretty much wear your glasses constantly but unless your severely longsighted you would normally only wear them for read and close work look it up on the internet ffs

over a year ago

"Jesus does everyone here always try and pick arguements? All I said was if his glasses were really strong he should get used to them first before driving with them ??? And if there really strong wearing them all the time will strain his eyes.being shortsighted is completely different cos you pretty much wear your glasses constantly but unless your severely longsighted you would normally only wear them for read and close work look it up on the internet ffs "

Nowhere on this post did you say that, you might have thought you did but you didn't. TRy and stick with the OP's question and not what your googling

over a year ago

Tell you what check online and if im wrong and you can prove it ill apologise whole heartedly but if im right you apologise to me ?

Ill wait for you to apologise lol

over a year ago

"Tell you what check online and if im wrong and you can prove it ill apologise whole heartedly but if im right you apologise to me ?

Ill wait for you to apologise lol

"

READ WHAT I POSTED

over a year ago

If you check that message your notice the first part end with a question mark thats what I was referring to and the rest was me elaborating.also I dont need to look on Google cos I know what im talking about.

over a year ago

Jeeze can you not just accept that some people who are long sighted need to wear glasses whilst driving????

over a year ago

I remember when I joined the army I was given shooting glasses but they looked like something from the 30s. I never actually wore them lol

over a year ago

lol

over a year ago

Funnily enough I actually tried when I was younger to get glasses, I tried to fail the test. Didn't work though lol x

Post new Message to Thread