Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Scotland forum rules

Jump to newest

By *etguydee OP   Man
2 weeks ago

dundee

Quick question, has the rules changed regarding talking about people going to Scottish clubs in this forum?

So far as I know its never been an issue and it's been a common topic here: but lastnight my threads were moved to the club discussion forum.

Appreciate any answers particularly from admins

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ee and KLCouple
2 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Were they not moved to the club discussion area?

Reply privately

By *etguydee OP   Man
2 weeks ago

dundee

Yes they were, but for years it's not been an issue to have them here as they were Scottish clubs

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
2 weeks ago

fife

Ye you missed a whole thread about it, was moved a wee while back

Reply privately

By *etguydee OP   Man
2 weeks ago

dundee

"Ye you missed a whole thread about it, was moved a wee while back "

Oh, fair enough.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

2 weeks ago

Angus & Findhorn

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/1533705

Hi

You posted the exact same ‘who’s going’ thread in both forums, I moved and closed down the second.

Reply privately

By *heJammyDodgersCouple
2 weeks ago

Falkirk

Yep, we posted a thread about cjs in the club discussion forum. Not a single reply. Since it's moved threads are dead on club posts.

Reply privately

By *etguydee OP   Man
2 weeks ago

dundee

"https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/1533705

Hi

You posted the exact same ‘who’s going’ thread in both forums, I moved and closed down the second.

"

Hello, yes I posted the first, noticed it wasn't where I expected it (in the scotland forum) and assumed I somehow posted in the wrong place: and so reposted here where I thought it was more appropriate, only for that too to be moved. In hindsight it would appear both had been moved rather than me posting not as intended.

Reply privately

By *ringles0510Woman
2 weeks ago

Central Borders

"Yep, we posted a thread about cjs in the club discussion forum. Not a single reply. Since it's moved threads are dead on club posts."

I'm missing them here as well. You always got loads of people responding to these threads and it's good to know who's all going. Now they're useless.

Reply privately

By *r Nicely...Man
2 weeks ago

Yes, that's me

Just had a look on the club event ads, I think the Scottish club posts are getting swamped...

If the moderator did not repost them in the events section it would surely be better...

Moderator?

Reply privately

By *assy LassieWoman
2 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Yep, we posted a thread about cjs in the club discussion forum. Not a single reply. Since it's moved threads are dead on club posts."

Was supposed to be a trial for a few weeks and see how it went. Haven't seen any feedback about whether it will revert back

Reply privately

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple
2 weeks ago

Scotland

"

Was supposed to be a trial for a few weeks and see how it went. Haven't seen any feedback about whether it will revert back"

Would prefer they stayed here too, think they are swamped in the general club one compared to the English ones, and can't say it really makes the Scottish one better.

It did seem like it was one mods idea and ran with it without really taking much feedback.

Reply privately

By *eiaorganaWoman
2 weeks ago

Dundee

"Just had a look on the club event ads, I think the Scottish club posts are getting swamped...

If the moderator did not repost them in the events section it would surely be better...

Moderator? "

I also hate how every post title is IN ALL CAPITALS - an assault on the eyeballs. If their aim is to make posts stand out they've failed spectacularly as they're all doing it

Reply privately

By *eiaorganaWoman
2 weeks ago

Dundee

"

Was supposed to be a trial for a few weeks and see how it went. Haven't seen any feedback about whether it will revert back

Would prefer they stayed here too, think they are swamped in the general club one compared to the English ones, and can't say it really makes the Scottish one better.

It did seem like it was one mods idea and ran with it without really taking much feedback. "

The majority of people that I saw commenting on the thread said they didn't want the posts moved - so they ignored that and did it anyway

Reply privately

By *iimonMan
2 weeks ago

glasgow

That’s a pain in the ass. I was following a post of After Dark which disappeared, thought it had been deleted. I only ever look in the Scottish forum

Reply privately