Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

english living in scotland (football)

Jump to newest

By *ustaman85 OP   Man
16 weeks ago

here and there

so who else is english living up here?

where will you be watching the the euros?

so do you really want scotland to do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ets go again!Man
16 weeks ago

paisley

I'll be watching in my local. I'll get given a little English corner in the boozer

By *verdayCoupleCouple
16 weeks ago

Johnstone

Been up here 20 odd years now, consider myself more Scottish than English.

1st game - Tunisia

2nd -Final - in pub

By *idas ManMan
16 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Been here 20 years this year and I’ve heard it all from Scottish footie fans giving it to us about our team. I never wish bad results on the Scottish team though and while I think they’ll get their arse handed to them by Germany on Friday, I hope they do well in the other two games

By *rBlueEyes35Man
16 weeks ago

Alva

Nearly been behind enemy lines for 20 years.. it's difficult to support England here I get some stick but all in good jest.. was in the scotland end when at hampden for the 2 - 2 a while back.. that was interesting to say the least haha

By *redwilma666Couple
16 weeks ago

Kilbirnie

I've been in Scotland now for 46 years, still bave my Cockney accent & would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch football ( any football). But I do hope Scotland gets further than England.

By *bcplCouple
16 weeks ago

Aberdeenshire

Been here 30 years, support England, hate the expectation of it coming home, like to see Scotland do well and never support others when they are playing.

The Anyone But England gang was fun for 5 minutes, find it a bit old now

By *ookie69Man
16 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

Scottish.

I hope both teams do well.

By *ornyone30Man
16 weeks ago

ABERDEEN

"Been here 30 years, support England, hate the expectation of it coming home, like to see Scotland do well and never support others when they are playing.

The Anyone But England gang was fun for 5 minutes, find it a bit old now "

ABE will never get old lol

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

Think it's the English media building their team up and having them winning it before a ball is kicked every time that gets a bit tedious.

Watch the Premier league and can't but help be jealous of some of the players they have.

Imagine Scotland being able to leave out players of the calibre of Rashford,Grealish etc.

Our spirit, camaraderie and work ethic will hopefully be enough to get out the group .

Cmon Scotland !!!

By *hris42100Man
16 weeks ago

coatbridge

Cockney fella lived up here good few years now and love to see England do well and Scotland not so much id never hear the end of it at work. lol

By *aldGingerMan
16 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Cockney fella lived up here good few years now and love to see England do well and Scotland not so much id never hear the end of it at work. lol

"

quite right, got to have a bit of rivalry

The last time I watched us at a tournament I had to get someone to buy my booze, it’s been that long

Tell you what I’ve not missed? The songs. Guess there’s good and bad in it lol

By *hris42100Man
16 weeks ago

coatbridge

That defiantly the bad agreed lol

By *luebell888Woman
16 weeks ago

Glasgowish

I always want Scotland to win unless they are playing England.

By *ustaman85 OP   Man
16 weeks ago

here and there

"I always want Scotland to win unless they are playing England."

same here

By *reeformMan
16 weeks ago

China

English too living in Aberdeen since 1994...

I always wanted the Home Nations to do well, then when I sat foot in Scotland I realised the hatred.

I've had people say things to me which are bordering on racism to be honest, as a result it's changed my opinion a little and it's difficult for me to support them....

By *havennaturistsCouple
16 weeks ago

Banff

"English too living in Aberdeen since 1994...

I always wanted the Home Nations to do well, then when I sat foot in Scotland I realised the hatred.

I've had people say things to me which are bordering on racism to be honest, as a result it's changed my opinion a little and it's difficult for me to support them...."

Ditto for us too. During the referendum for Scottish independence in 2013/14 we both suffered verbal and even physical abuse simply for having English accents in Northern Aberdeenshire!

When England are in football competitions, it is common to see flag poles in gardens flying our oppositions flags.

On the odd occasion Scotland make it to the finals of a football tournament, their fans d*unkenness and rowdy behaviour are readily excused as 'jolly, good-natured banter'. If it's England fans, it's hooliganism!

Come on Germany, Switzerland and Hungary!!

By *im494Man
16 weeks ago

Westhill

Been up in Aberdeen just over a year now, its been lovely not had any funny looks about my accent but know how tribal sport can make people! I always used to support all the home nations until I watched the 2002 world Cup quarter final with some Scots and Welsh and couldn't believe they cheered when Brazil scored. So here's to another group stage exit for Scotland!!!

By *reeformMan
16 weeks ago

China

"English too living in Aberdeen since 1994...

I've had people say things to me which are bordering on racism to be honest, as a result it's changed my opinion a little and it's difficult for me to support them....

Ditto for us too. During the referendum for Scottish independence in 2013/14 we both suffered verbal and even physical abuse simply for having English accents in Northern Aberdeenshire!

When England are in football competitions, it is common to see flag poles in gardens flying our oppositions flags.

On the odd occasion Scotland make it to the finals of a football tournament, their fans d*unkenness and rowdy behaviour are readily excused as 'jolly, good-natured banter'. If it's England fans, it's hooliganism!

Come on Germany, Switzerland and Hungary!!"

Yeah they like to say it's banter but it's more deep rooted and certainly classified as racism if you discriminate people from where they are from or how they talk.

Of course they try to play it off as banter but it's definitely a psychological problem for some of them.

I remember somewhere in Scotland a 12 year old boy was punched in the face by a grown man in public for wearing an England shirt. I think it was at a recent tournament maybe the last EURO competition.

By *ustaman85 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

here and there

it’s coming home

By *assy LassieWoman
12 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"they'll coming home having lost on penalties.... again fify!"

Post new Message to Thread