Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Crossing the road

Jump to newest

By *rjaffa33 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

You are walking towards a zebra crossing during busy rush hour traffic. There has been a fairly constant stream of people crossing as you approach it. There is no one behind you and you are a far enough behind the person in front of you that you will probably step on the crossing just as they step off.

Do you?

1) Stroll at your normal pace - Pedestrians have the right of way.

2) Quicken your step...even jog to get across the road without holding traffic up much.

3) Slow down... give some of the traffic a chance to get moving again. You can cross in a minute.

4) Strut your stuff... this is an opportunity to make drivers notice you!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allerthanaverage79Man
4 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"You are walking towards a zebra crossing during busy rush hour traffic. There has been a fairly constant stream of people crossing as you approach it. There is no one behind you and you are a far enough behind the person in front of you that you will probably step on the crossing just as they step off.

Do you?

2) Quicken your step...even jog to get across the road without holding traffic up much.

3) Slow down... give some of the traffic a chance to get moving again. You can cross in a minute.

4) Strut your stuff... this is an opportunity to make drivers notice you!!"

5) Let the chicken cross first!

By *rjaffa33 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Could be a long wait.

No self respecting chicken crosses the road at rush hour!!

By *allerthanaverage79Man
4 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Could be a long wait.

No self respecting chicken crosses the road at rush hour!!

"

Not even if they want to get to "the other side"!?

By *rjaffa33 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

They are already there. The bloody cock woke them up at 5am!!!

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
4 weeks ago

Renfrewshire

4 if I have my Wonder bra on.

Feel like Pamela Anderson when I reality it's two fried eggs pushed up.

By *rjaffa33 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"4 if I have my Wonder bra on.

Feel like Pamela Anderson when I reality it's two fried eggs pushed up. "

Yes!!! Own it!!!

By *agnar73Man
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"4 if I have my Wonder bra on.

Feel like Pamela Anderson when I reality it's two fried eggs pushed up. "

quite right, they don’t know how lucky they are.

By *ookie69Man
4 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

Btw

The chicken didn’t cross the road, it was actually the turkey.

It was the chickens day aff.

By *uctifanoWoman
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"You are walking towards a zebra crossing during busy rush hour traffic. There has been a fairly constant stream of people crossing as you approach it. There is no one behind you and you are a far enough behind the person in front of you that you will probably step on the crossing just as they step off.

Do you?

5) Let the chicken cross first!"

this

By *vbride1963TV/TS
4 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

Do you?

5) Let the chicken cross first!

6) just walk as the traffic stops to admire you always .

this "

By *illing witchCouple
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Ask curnal mustard

By *rjaffa33 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I should have known this thread would take a strange turn. Was originally trying to see what peoples personalities were like and if people thought about inpact on others during day to day life.

My answer would be 2 - quicken my step and rush across road giving waiting traffic a little wave of thanks.

However noticed a few days this week several people, completely oblivious (I think) to the fact that the speed they were walking was causing maximum delay for everyone else.

Anyway... should have known the sarcy comments would come in.

By *aldGingerMan
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

I’d like to say 1, but 2 is me. I’m so not used to zebra crossings I treat drivers like they’ve let me across of their own accord and wave.

We should all be strutting though. A strut means business. And we’d look ridiculous but the drivers would want to stop. It’s a win win

By *uctifanoWoman
4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I should have known this thread would take a strange turn. Was originally trying to see what peoples personalities were like and if people thought about inpact on others during day to day life.

My answer would be 2 - quicken my step and rush across road giving waiting traffic a little wave of thanks.

However noticed a few days this week several people, completely oblivious (I think) to the fact that the speed they were walking was causing maximum delay for everyone else.

Anyway... should have known the sarcy comments would come in. "

Or maybe folk just enjoy some banter maluv, good thread so it’s nice folk have enjoyed it

By *melia DominaTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Do you?

4) Strut your stuff... this is an opportunity to make drivers notice you!!"

It would depend on my mood, what I was wearing, time of day or night and if I was in a rush or not.

Post new Message to Thread