Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Any advice?

Jump to newest

By *bdnguy15 OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Westhill

Hopefully this doesn't seem stupid, but I'm looking for a little advice. I'm not having much luck with messages on this site, most of them are being read and ignored or deleted. I was just looking for some advice on if this initial message is too boring or plain or something? It's not this exact message every time but somethign very similar, which I thought was polite and respectful as a first message, but maybe not. You can see the message below and tell me what you think.

Hey, good morning. My name is *name*, 26. Looking to make some connections, maybe see where things go. How are you? Wondered if you might want to chat?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ot - CoupleCouple
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

For us, we would ignore you because of the dick pics on your profile. Secondly, we're not into dom and stuff like that. You've posted 3 photos, and all 3 are of your dick. There's no body photos to give people imagination. Sadly for writing a message, there's no correct way. Some people may like the message you send and others not, so there's no right or wrong, but we would strongly advise writing 2 or 3 word messages. And finally, you are sadly highly outnumbered with other men on here, like 1000's of other men. And remember, no reply or deleted message means not interested.

By *uctifanoWoman
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

"For us, we would ignore you because of the dick pics on your profile. Secondly, we're not into dom and stuff like that. You've posted 3 photos, and all 3 are of your dick. There's no body photos to give people imagination. Sadly for writing a message, there's no correct way. Some people may like the message you send and others not, so there's no right or wrong, but we would strongly advise writing 2 or 3 word messages. And finally, you are sadly highly outnumbered with other men on here, like 1000's of other men. And remember, no reply or deleted message means not interested. "

Spot on

Have a wee look at other guys profiles for inspiration OP. A nice torso pic or suited and booted for example. Your message sounds fine but also check you’ve read the profile you’re messaging too. Just to check you fit what they are looking for too.

Happy fabbing

By *bdnguy15 OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Westhill

Fixed the profile, thank you for your response.

Happy fabbing

By *bdnguy15 OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Westhill

Thanks for the reply, fixed my profile a bit!

Happy fabbing to you too

By *eroLondonMan
18 weeks ago

Mayfair

OP, the odds are stacked against you by the very nature of the insurmountable men on this site, compared to the number of women.

The prevailing theme is that most women will look at the profile before they open the message, if at all.

Your opening message comes across as 'generic'. Tailor the message to the profile, perhaps reference something from there, giving an indication that you've read the profile.

Ostensibly your opening message is in fact your profile: a poorly executed profile isn't going to hold much sway on here.

By *uctifanoWoman
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Thanks for the reply, fixed my profile a bit!

Happy fabbing to you too "

Looks good, good luck OP

By *hippy57Man
18 weeks ago

Chelmsford

It is difficult to hit the right spot,there are some who want full naked pics,others that prefer dressed,you will not please every one,some can be hypocritical ,say not want to see dick pics,yet on there profile they showing everything,just be yourself and be patient sure you will meet others

By *eroLondonMan
17 weeks ago

Mayfair

"It is difficult to hit the right spot,there are some who want full naked pics,others that prefer dressed,you will not please every one,some can be hypocritical..."
The safe and sensible option is to ·not· display any naked pictures. Those who want then will ask you for it.

"...not want to see dick pics,yet on there profile they showing everything..."
That's because there is something women have on here that men don't: prerogative. They are at liberty to do what they please with their profiles. So are men, but you will limit your chances if you display gratuitous images.

By *eiaorganaWoman
17 weeks ago

Dundee

OP, most people will look at a profile before deciding whether or not to read the message. So your profile is always more important than your message. Some good advice given, make sure yours is the best it can be, then hopefully you will have more luck.

Post new Message to Thread