Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

War declared !!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am now declaring war with 4x4 drivers who are total wankers on the snowy roads..........

just took my 2 niece's kids to see santa and snowing heavy on our return leg.....

and the 'look at me' can still drive fast knobheads nearly caused about 3 fecking smashes on a 12 mile road...

so.........

no bj's or shagging the mrs's over the leather upholstered drivers seat from me as punishment........

that will fucking teach em.......

still got to bounce on santa's knee.. he was sumwhat bewildered when I said my go and pushed the 2 year old off....

and Santa is HUNG I checked xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

OMG... I canna even think of what to reply for laughing! hope the girls weren't too traumatised. xxxxx

over a year ago

"hope the girls weren't too traumatised. xxxxx"

no they just stood in the q shaking their heads and said to the other folks.. 'thats our uncle Garry, he been sectioned twice' .....

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

poor santa he will nevr be able to deliver those christmas presents =pmsl

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

"hope the girls weren't too traumatised. xxxxx

no they just stood in the q shaking their heads and said to the other folks.. 'thats our uncle Garry, he been sectioned twice' ..... "

take it they don't know about the times you bribe the docs to sign you in coz that sexy nurse was working ??????

over a year ago

ya dirty fekker...bet ya rummaged in santas sack when ya were sat there too

Jingle Balls!!!

over a year ago

ooooops sorry 4x4 driver here

By *_jkCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"ooooops sorry 4x4 driver here

"

great bumpers fife cple lol

By *andmCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

hey garry,....it was santa trying to get to work in his 4x4,he was driving so fast to get to work early so u could bounce on his knee.

over a year ago

"hey garry,....it was santa trying to get to work in his 4x4,he was driving so fast to get to work early so u could bounce on his knee."

very good point........ cheers

over a year ago

lol view

fookin cracker

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

santa delivers a large package an arrogance chip must be delivered with the 4x4

over a year ago

thats it.. mr aa is not getting the new car he has spotted.. it just happens to be a 4x4!!

over a year ago

So Garry, Did you empty Santa's Sack?

And as a reformed 4x4 driver I have to agree..there is an element of

"yeh ya fuckers, now I know why I'm paying £400 per year Road Tax!! and £3.5K in personal tax allowance!!"

BUT also theres the really BIG KID inside that says, "c'mon lets have some fun driving in the snow!!"

SO sympathies all round.

Merry Christmas to all when it cums x

over a year ago

"So Garry, Did you empty Santa's Sack?

"

was there a Y in the day yesterday Tom,

easy peesy scrotum squeezy ....

over a year ago

Happens every year gary unfortunatly.

Doing well over 40k miles a year (most of which in a 4wd, lol) I see many an idiot in a 4x4 that thinks that because they have much better traction in the snow (true) that they seem to think that they will have much better stopping ability when they need it (a big fat FALSE).

In fact I would go as far as saying the grip when stopping in many 4x4's will be much worse due to them been much much heavier than a standard car!!

So gary, even as a long time 4x4 driver myself, I whole heartedly agree.

As a nation though we could do more when driving over winter. How many people are aware that our nice 17 inch low profile tyres only have an operating temp down to about 3 or 4 degrees? Anything below that then the compound is too hard and doesnt work as well. Hence why many European countries have 2 sets of tyres/rims....summer and winter.

Take care in the bad weather all....

Oh, im off to london village latter today... in the snow, grrrrr

Steve

over a year ago

"

Take care in the bad weather all....

Oh, im off to london village latter today... in the snow, grrrrr

Steve

"

safe trip dude.

over a year ago

Throws keys to my 4 wd subaru away and buys a KA lol

over a year ago

4x4 driver here drives with due care and attention

over a year ago

funny how no one complains when someone with a 4x4 drags some fanny oot a ditch normally before pc plod appears and arrests there arse for being a fanny lol

over a year ago

fanny .... ditch .... policemen...

ffs, count me in please...

where, when ....

over a year ago

"funny how no one complains when someone with a 4x4 drags some fanny oot a ditch normally before pc plod appears and arrests there arse for being a fanny lol "

Did this exact thing a couple of years ago... on the road from the a9 to spean bridge, VW passat came round corner too quick on 3" of snow with ice underneath and ditched it. I pulled her out to find 2 tyres balder than ma head on the front. No wonder she ended up in the ditch, silly bint.

At the end of the day, doesnt matter what cars people drive, they will either drive with courtesy or like a dick.

Steve

over a year ago

its like that old joke,wts the difference with a 4x4 driver and a porcupine ,on a porcupine the pricks are on the outside

over a year ago

Well Garry got to admit to seeing plenty arrogant chelsea tractor drivers but some of us 4x4 drivers end up making themselves late cause daft 2 wheelers need rescuing from themselves and have no business being out with 2 wheel drive.....by the way I remember a certain someone spinning of the road on the way home from the aberdeen club one night lol

over a year ago

"by the way I remember a certain someone spinning of the road on the way home from the aberdeen club one night lol "

yup I remember well spinning off the ungritted roads... and smashing into a signpost on the other side of dual carriageway and near miss with lorry.

and all the cars and lorry kept driving and no one stopped.

I must miss all this selflessness that goes on...... so apologies to all those 4x4 drivers doing great acts of kindness I may have offended.

over a year ago

Remember that the salt/grit that they use to grit the roads is only fully effective to -5 degrees and doesnt work under -10 degrees. So a road that one thinks is ungritted could well of been gritted but is too cold for it work and re-froze.

As previously said, doesnt matter how many driven wheels your car has.... they will still be affected by ice when you try and stop on it or going to fast on it!!

Only advantage of a 4wd in ice is that if its a smaller patch, you have more chance of a driven wheel finding traction and helping.

Take it easy out there!

Steve

over a year ago

very true... was a horrible accident yesterday afternoon just outside Forfar.

god bless em x

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

this driving in the snow a breeze !!!! i just sit in passenger seat and let bunk chauffeur me about lol !! wonder if i could get him to wear the hat and uniform ??? pmsl!!!!!!!!

By *egs4uWoman
over a year ago

somewhere around

"this driving in the snow a breeze !!!! i just sit in passenger seat and let bunk chauffeur me about lol !! wonder if i could get him to wear the hat and uniform ??? pmsl!!!!!!!! "

oh if u do temp can i get a lift hehe

foxi

xxx

over a year ago

3am I had to go collect my son from St. Andy's it was like driving on an icerink, but I kept it at a steady speed and was managing, till I came up behind a 4x4 doing 30, then 20 then 10 mph! ffs any slower I'd have been in reverse...

over a year ago

Decided to keep my 4 wheel drive car, we can get to the virgin snow,up all these hills and watch the people with slow mo 2 wheel drive cars walking there dogs along the pavements lol.

Seriously though, it aint the car thats crap its the bloody drivers so maybe not tar us with the same brush.... ta like lol

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

"3am I had to go collect my son from St. Andy's it was like driving on an icerink, but I kept it at a steady speed and was managing, till I came up behind a 4x4 doing 30, then 20 then 10 mph! ffs any slower I'd have been in reverse... "

lol same coming home from edin on sat night fecking range rover doing 25 all the way

over a year ago

"Remember that the salt/grit that they use to grit the roads is only fully effective to -5 degrees and doesnt work under -10 degrees. So a road that one thinks is ungritted could well of been gritted but is too cold for it work and re-froze.

As previously said, doesnt matter how many driven wheels your car has.... they will still be affected by ice when you try and stop on it or going to fast on it!!

Only advantage of a 4wd in ice is that if its a smaller patch, you have more chance of a driven wheel finding traction and helping.

Take it easy out there!

Steve

"

Drove a lot more cautiously aware of this usefull info, cheers Steve, black ice at jct 3 of M8 area,tad faster and i woulda been a crash stat.

T

over a year ago

"3am I had to go collect my son from St. Andy's it was like driving on an icerink, but I kept it at a steady speed and was managing, till I came up behind a 4x4 doing 30, then 20 then 10 mph! ffs any slower I'd have been in reverse... "

But thats surely what the driver should of been doing? At 3am the temp is likely to be belowr -5, maybe lower... the driver was adapting to the conditions. Stopping a 3 tonne range rover at 10mph will be a darn site easier than at 30mph when on ice!

Steve

over a year ago

A few other things to remember...

99% of cars (except the proper 4wd's or basic, low range ones) will have tyres on that are for SUMMER ONLY. Meaning that they are only fully effective down to a certain temperature (think its +4 degrees). Any lower than this the compound is to stiff to bend and flex as required. Also the trend nowadays is for low profile tyres on massive rims... again useless. Look at rally cars.... when on snow/ice stages they have ultra thin tyres, not ultra wide ones.

In many places in Europe drivers are used to having 2 sets of rims/tyres, one set for summer and a set of M&S (no, not marks and sparks, Mud and Snow) tyres for the autumn/winter. If you expect to get lots of snow or drive regularily in cold/wet/snow etc then consider doing this.

Keep your distance when driving in icey conditions, a slip on ice could go on for many seconds and will end when you hit something very hard!!

Be wary when leaving a main or major route to go to a minor road. It is likely that it hasnt been gritted and will be more slippy than the main road, so adjust your speed ON the major road, not as you get on the minor road. Same applies for slip roads off motorways... slow down on the main carriageway, dont leave it to the slip road.

I will often drive with the radio off when in bad conditions, it gives a better sense of whats happening with the car... hard to explain. I will also, on ocasion, when no other cars around blip the throttle to see if the wheels spin. Say doing 30mph on icey roads in 3rd gear, ill give it some beans... if the ESP/Traction control kicks in and slows the wheels then it tells me that there is ice under foot.

Carry a 2l bottle (an old Irn Bru bottle etc) or a spray bottle in the boot with a pre-mixed washer solution in it and a rag. Doesnt take much for the washers to freeze up and if your have froze up, so will the water taps at the garages. Only takes a few miles on the motorway for the windscreen to be covered in crap and having no washers is dangerous.

Take care out there

Oh, and if you do drive a 4wd then carry a tow rope.... you can then help the 2wd drivers...or at least move them out the way so you can progress, lol

Steve

over a year ago

Roads clear, M8 clear but guess what, beware stopping in the Harthill services, its ankle deep and at 6pm tonight, eastbound services was blocked due to a lorry not quite getting to slip road, NUTS!!

T

over a year ago

"3am I had to go collect my son from St. Andy's it was like driving on an icerink, but I kept it at a steady speed and was managing, till I came up behind a 4x4 doing 30, then 20 then 10 mph! ffs any slower I'd have been in reverse...

But thats surely what the driver should of been doing? At 3am the temp is likely to be belowr -5, maybe lower... the driver was adapting to the conditions. Stopping a 3 tonne range rover at 10mph will be a darn site easier than at 30mph when on ice!

Steve"

I agree with you Steve, it is usual, but his speed-up slow-down speed-up slow-down changes were so strangely out of context for the area we were driving in... methinks he had been partaking of the de-icing fluid himself!

over a year ago

"funny how no one complains when someone with a 4x4 drags some fanny oot a ditch normally before pc plod appears and arrests there arse for being a fanny lol "

oi mr 44 I hear you had trouble this morning............ shall I come and gie ya a tow

over a year ago

"funny how no one complains when someone with a 4x4 drags some fanny oot a ditch normally before pc plod appears and arrests there arse for being a fanny lol

oi mr 44 I hear you had trouble this morning............ shall I come and gie ya a tow "

tow...or do ya mean blow???

over a year ago

"funny how no one complains when someone with a 4x4 drags some fanny oot a ditch normally before pc plod appears and arrests there arse for being a fanny lol

oi mr 44 I hear you had trouble this morning............ shall I come and gie ya a tow

tow...or do ya mean blow??? "

wash yur mouth out stu....

By *irtyduoCouple
over a year ago

nr stirling

heyyyyy view ma big pal nice to see ya back!!!

over a year ago

"heyyyyy view ma big pal nice to see ya back!!! "

dirty my wee pole dancing partner xxxx

Post new Message to Thread