Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Auctions

Jump to newest

By *panksspanked OP   Man
8 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Seems I can't prefix the word Auctions in the way we used to do I shall say Sub Auctions These used to be a thing in clubs.

Usually as a charity fund raiser.

I haven't seen any listed for quite some time. Are they simply a thing of the past?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wistedandBonnyCouple
7 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Seems I can't prefix the word Auctions in the way we used to do I shall say Sub Auctions These used to be a thing in clubs.

I haven't seen any listed for quite some time. Are they simply a thing of the past?"

The last club to really do these was rebound a club night held in the old ‘Glasgow dungeon’ in Sauchiehall Street.

Firstly that dungeons gone, secondly post Covid has seen a shift in the landscape both in conduction of kink and events.

A lot of couples has closed down kink play since Covid. Attitudes has changed, so interactions has changed, people are more guarded, a little bit snappier and quicker to anger (at least my own opinion) with every day life, road rage, judgement etc.

But with the loss of so many events since Covid, there’s less kink focused events where these things would happen. The other side is these auctions were double edged. Whilst it’s fun doing these auctions, they were also perv magnets. Typically you’d had one or two subs who would think it’s a great idea, then they’d realise ANYONE could bid.

Now imagine being a young attractive lady being shown off and thinking top bidder is going to be similar age and attractiveness. Then to look out at say someone more than double their age that they’ve never met before.

I think post Covid, as so many new people have joined both swing and kink side of things, people don’t know themselves let alone other people very well. Maybe as post Covid tensions ease, more events will return that are kink focused and as it does you might see these sorts of fun charity auctions return.

By *panksspanked OP   Man
7 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Seems I can't prefix the word Auctions in the way we used to do I shall say Sub Auctions These used to be a thing in clubs.

I haven't seen any listed for quite some time. Are they simply a thing of the past?

The last club to really do these was rebound a club night held in the old ‘Glasgow dungeon’ in Sauchiehall Street.

Firstly that dungeons gone, secondly post Covid has seen a shift in the landscape both in conduction of kink and events.

A lot of couples has closed down kink play since Covid. Attitudes has changed, so interactions has changed, people are more guarded, a little bit snappier and quicker to anger (at least my own opinion) with every day life, road rage, judgement etc.

But with the loss of so many events since Covid, there’s less kink focused events where these things would happen. The other side is these auctions were double edged. Whilst it’s fun doing these auctions, they were also perv magnets. Typically you’d had one or two subs who would think it’s a great idea, then they’d realise ANYONE could bid.

Now imagine being a young attractive lady being shown off and thinking top bidder is going to be similar age and attractiveness. Then to look out at say someone more than double their age that they’ve never met before.

I think post Covid, as so many new people have joined both swing and kink side of things, people don’t know themselves let alone other people very well. Maybe as post Covid tensions ease, more events will return that are kink focused and as it does you might see these sorts of fun charity auctions return. "

Yes Rebound is the one I remember up here. Thanks for your considered reply. I agree it's one of those things where the idea might not match the reality. I was always worried that nobody would have bid for me

Post new Message to Thread