Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Can/can’t accommodate

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
8 weeks ago

I’ve noticed a trend with conversations with potential meets, I am asked why I cannot accommodate, I explain, then am berated for choosing so, when the person berating also has ‘can’t accommodate’, I liken it to the ‘send pic in first message’ profiles when they themselves have none on their profile……

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *amierebelMan
8 weeks ago

nae danger.

"I’ve noticed a trend with conversations with potential meets, I am asked why I cannot accommodate, I explain, then am berated for choosing so, when the person berating also has ‘can’t accommodate’, I liken it to the ‘send pic in first message’ profiles when they themselves have none on their profile……"

It's circumstances mate don't let anyone try change that I can't accom myself these days it is what it is

By *cottish_switchMan
8 weeks ago

Glasgow

Many tend to associate "can't accommodate" with "I'm cheating" when it appears on a man's profile yet the same assumption doesn't seem to be made when it's a lady saying it.

I'm not going to get into the debate over whether it's right or wrong, the simple truth is that is the way things are.

I have valid reasons for being unable to host which I'll happily discuss with anyone I'm considering meeting - if that's a problem then so be it.

By *cotsbicoupleCouple
8 weeks ago

Helensburgh

It is a bit weird like that. We can’t accommodate cos we have a young child, rarely meet as a couple unless we’re at a club so one of us would be home with child (so would need to go out and take the kid with us etc which isn’t fair or ideal) and obviously last but not least the place is a cowp…

By *eroLondonMan
8 weeks ago

Mayfair

OP, just change it from cannot accommodate to simply "accommodate". That doesn't necessarily mean that you ·will· accommodate. It's still your prerogative to refuse. Alternatively you can 'accommodate' at a hotel of your choice.

Why should accommodate refer to one's abode?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
8 weeks ago

"OP, just change it from cannot accommodate to simply "accommodate". That doesn't necessarily mean that you ·will· accommodate. It's still your prerogative to refuse. Alternatively you can 'accommodate' at a hotel of your choice.

Why should accommodate refer to one's abode?"

True, fair point

By (user no longer on site)
8 weeks ago

"I’ve noticed a trend with conversations with potential meets, I am asked why I cannot accommodate, I explain, then am berated for choosing so, when the person berating also has ‘can’t accommodate’, I liken it to the ‘send pic in first message’ profiles when they themselves have none on their profile……"

I'm the same mate, I am a single parent and have a 21 year man child and a 17 year old witch that both live with me and neither leave the house other than for work. Murder trying to explain it. Getting an empty house is like winning the lottery. And i will celebrate it as such when it happens.

By *ore_Please81Couple
8 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I’ve noticed a trend with conversations with potential meets, I am asked why I cannot accommodate, I explain, then am berated for choosing so, when the person berating also has ‘can’t accommodate’, I liken it to the ‘send pic in first message’ profiles when they themselves have none on their profile

I'm the same mate, I am a single parent and have a 21 year man child and a 17 year old witch that both live with me and neither leave the house other than for work. Murder trying to explain it. Getting an empty house is like winning the lottery. And i will celebrate it as such when it happens. "

Did you just call your children a man child and a witch?

By (user no longer on site)
8 weeks ago

"I’ve noticed a trend with conversations with potential meets, I am asked why I cannot accommodate, I explain, then am berated for choosing so, when the person berating also has ‘can’t accommodate’, I liken it to the ‘send pic in first message’ profiles when they themselves have none on their profile

I'm the same mate, I am a single parent and have a 21 year man child and a 17 year old witch that both live with me and neither leave the house other than for work. Murder trying to explain it. Getting an empty house is like winning the lottery. And i will celebrate it as such when it happens.

Did you just call your children a man child and a witch? "

Yip.

By *uctifanoWoman
8 weeks ago

Glasgow

"OP, just change it from cannot accommodate to simply "accommodate". That doesn't necessarily mean that you ·will· accommodate. It's still your prerogative to refuse. Alternatively you can 'accommodate' at a hotel of your choice.

Why should accommodate refer to one's abode?"

This

By *pank-me-harderWoman
8 weeks ago

close to leven

Why should accommodate refer to one's abode?

This "

I don't accommodate and won't change that if people don't like that ... that's there problem.. we all have our reasons

By *ubbyandHisHotwifeCouple
8 weeks ago

Glasgowish

Did you just call your children a man child and a witch?

Yip. "

and it’s hilarious, i call mine crotch goblins

By *ane DTV/TS
8 weeks ago

Glasgow.

I don't accommodate because its above all "my choice". If you don't like it, then that's "your choice".

We all have our reasons, if someone can't respect them, then they may not respect/understand the idea of consent.

As for weans - energy thieves and fridge raiders...

By *hort Stop 1969Woman
8 weeks ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

I am unable to accommodate and reasons clearly explained on my profile blurb. As alternative option, I'm happy to book/pay for a hotel room if he's travelling a considerable distance OR we both go halves on a room.

By *panksspankedMan
8 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I don't accommodate as my son still lives and works from home.

Happy to look at alternatives and a dungeon is better equipped than my place

Post new Message to Thread