Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Wink !!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey every1 we looking for peoples opinion on winks, we thought if u liked the look of a profile and was interested you send a wink.

However we have had people wink at us then when we msg them with a "thanks for the wink" they either delete it or just ignore it, find it a bit strange lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Even worse when you try to wink and they have guys blocked

Yeah I'd say winks are like the equivalent of a Facebook poke! lol

over a year ago

"Hey every1 we looking for peoples opinion on winks, we thought if u liked the look of a profile and was interested you send a wink.

However we have had people wink at us then when we msg them with a "thanks for the wink" they either delete it or just ignore it, find it a bit strange lol "

I like winks, I actually prefer them to mails. If I get a wink I perv the profile and take it from there. I feel the guy is showing an interest but leaving it to me to take it further.

over a year ago

"Hey every1 we looking for peoples opinion on winks, we thought if u liked the look of a profile and was interested you send a wink.

However we have had people wink at us then when we msg them with a "thanks for the wink" they either delete it or just ignore it, find it a bit strange lol

I like winks, I actually prefer them to mails. If I get a wink I perv the profile and take it from there. I feel the guy is showing an interest but leaving it to me to take it further."

That's exactly what I do when I wink. I would rather it be up to the person I wink to decide whether or not they are interested.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Probably just best to check out the other post about winks that is still on this page...

over a year ago

I get winks all time, problem is its all guys lol

over a year ago

I like winks, I actually prefer them to mails. If I get a wink I perv the profile and take it from there. I feel the guy is showing an interest but leaving it to me to take it further."

What if you would like the guy after receiving his wink and perving his profile though he was out your age range?x

By *olly Gentle GiantMan
over a year ago

Glenrothes

Everyone has their views on winks.

Personally, I see a winkas being a bit like a facebook "like" - beyond that, a wink could mean anything.

Another site I know uses winks but with a selection of preset wordings to accompany the wink.

I forget but I think the wording was along the lines of "hey I say your profile and would like to chat etc. If you like my profile, please wink me back and I'll send you a fuller message".

The wink responses were either

"yes - please message me",

"thanks but no thanks.

Im not saying that concept is better than any other. Difficulty with any system is everyonre has their own view and different expectations.

Far better to chat in chatroom or attend a social than rely on a wee wink.

Just my humble opinion

over a year ago

I don't mind winks, it's a good way to break the ice... i check the guys profile and if i like what i see i'll wink or send a message back...works for me!

over a year ago

"I don't mind winks, it's a good way to break the ice... i check the guys profile and if i like what i see i'll wink or send a message back...works for me! "

and me

over a year ago

"I don't mind winks, it's a good way to break the ice... i check the guys profile and if i like what i see i'll wink or send a message back...works for me!

and me "

ok me too why not leggs. Katt consider yourself winked

over a year ago

I got one once lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for all the opinions i think from now on we will just wink back if we like the profile rather than msg, that way the ball is back in there court so to speak lol

Post new Message to Thread