Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Driving

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I see a fair few people on here that can not drive. For me it was the most important test of my life.

How do you get around if you cant drive? I know buses and trains but they dont always go to the door that you are off too.

Also does it not hamper you in jobs? For instance you cant be a sales rep, I would imagine middle management and senior roles including directorships would entail attending meetings away from the office.

So i am intrigued how you get from A to B easily.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/13 19:07:36]

over a year ago

i drive, but not working so cant afford to run a car just now so bus or walk for me ,but hope to be able to afford 1 when i qulify and start earning

over a year ago

How do you get about when you're having a drink?

over a year ago

I have a john to chauffeur me around

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

So is that a statement of probable success, can't drive , can't climb ladder of success

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So is that a statement of probable success, can't drive , can't climb ladder of success

Not at all... shame you look at it that way..it was a discussion point i had earlier. As for how do i get about when i drink, i walk from the lounge to the bedroom.

over a year ago

VIDEO CONFERENCING

I'm in Senior Management of my day job and Director of a weekend one and I use my IT comms rather than drive

By *rcplCouple
over a year ago

here not there

well i cant drive due to medical reasons . find public transport gets me about or i walk when rich at work . seem to have done me well so far

Tina

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I can't drive ..... Cause I'm totally rubbish n failed 3 times plus always had someone to drive me around but I don't mind peasant transport

By *ompip3Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

I, Tom drive daily, and a) require it for my business, and b) find it both essential, but equally a pain/chore!

I know a few people who can drive, but chose not to, and can get about daily without any problems. I.e. living central belt but working in Glasgow and Edinburgh on different days.

Also people who bus/train/taxi daily.....if you work out petrol, road tax, insurance, running repairs, mot and devaluation... It can make sense NOT to drive.!!!

BUT Unfortunately as said before, I just don't have that luxury, I have to drive to get to jobs!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I drive for a living and wouldn't be without my car as it gives freedom. That being said, living in central London for 16 years, I never once drive into central London in a car - ever!! Train/bus/tube - simplist and easiest way to get around

Post new Message to Thread