Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Deleting friends

Jump to newest

By *autious Couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

home

How do you go about deleting friends ..do you just delete folk without telling them or do you send a message explaining why you are removing then from your list ..always a hard one for us if we have had good chats or met them and for some reason the chat is non existent.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

if they aint talking to me they aint being freindly them they are removed

over a year ago

home

"if they aint talking to me they aint being freindly them they are removed "

I know but do you just zap them or send a message explaining why they are getting the bump ?

By *rs Robinson no 1Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have stated that on my profile status that if friends are no longer interested in keeping in touch I will be deleting them

and...I did

if they don't answer mail not keep in touch

delete them

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"if they aint talking to me they aint being freindly them they are removed

I know but do you just zap them or send a message explaining why they are getting the bump ?"

usually i will talk to my freinds list if i get no reply after a couple of attempts then straight zap

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I know but do you just zap them or send a message explaining why they are getting the bump ?usually i will talk to my freinds list if i get no reply after a couple of attempts then straight zap "

Me too. It's only fair. If they haven't got the balls to say sorry we don't want to talk any more then they deserve to be deleted

over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 08:33:07]

over a year ago

Glasgow

I know but do you just zap them or send a message explaining why they are getting the bump ?usually i will talk to my freinds list if i get no reply after a couple of attempts then straight zap

Me too. It's only fair. If they haven't got the balls to say sorry we don't want to talk any more then they deserve to be deleted "

exactly.. that's what I do..

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I know but do you just zap them or send a message explaining why they are getting the bump ?usually i will talk to my freinds list if i get no reply after a couple of attempts then straight zap

Me too. It's only fair. If they haven't got the balls to say sorry we don't want to talk any more then they deserve to be deleted

exactly.. that's what I do.."

A wise lady mrs Robinson is

By *uncouple981Couple
over a year ago

ayrshire

We update our status that we are deleting. Then we start the cull. We don't send a message saying why because that could start questions as to why. We done it recently because we had a good few people on the list that wouldn't ever reply to a simple how are you message. So normally it's people like that we delete. X

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"We update our status that we are deleting. Then we start the cull. We don't send a message saying why because that could start questions as to why. We done it recently because we had a good few people on the list that wouldn't ever reply to a simple how are you message. So normally it's people like that we delete. X"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So is it fair to assume, some added to your friends lists have been done on the simple basis that you liked the look of them without any real exchange of messages? And over time realised you were not chatting/messaging after adding?

Or chatted initially then got ignored when later tried a message?

As an example, i have friends i only see maybe twice a year, with no need for messaging, theres just a mutual like and understanding that we will at some point meet again, they are not even on this site, but if were, would be friend added, think i would confuse the hell out them by deciding to delete them from friends list.

That all said, i understand the urge to delete if folks were friendly initially and you decide that now they are not.

over a year ago

home

"So is it fair to assume, some added to your friends lists have been done on the simple basis that you liked the look of them without any real exchange of messages? And over time realised you were not chatting/messaging after adding?

As an example, i have friends i only see maybe twice a year, with no need for messaging, theres just a mutual like and understanding that we will at some point meet again, they are not even on this site, but if were, would be friend added, think i would confuse the hell out them by deciding to delete them from friends list.

That all said, i understand the urge to delete if folks were friendly initially and you decide that now they are not."

Something like the bottom of your message is what we are on about ..we do have friends that we don't chat to much but know we can always have a craic and friends that we meet that we don't need to chat to to much it the ones that at first are full of talk then it kind of fades away and you know you are never going to meet them .....ohh then there are friends that you keep that are a good laugh or you can share things with but you might never meet

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"So is it fair to assume, some added to your friends lists have been done on the simple basis that you liked the look of them without any real exchange of messages? And over time realised you were not chatting/messaging after adding?

That all said, i understand the urge to delete if folks were friendly initially and you decide that now they are not.

Something like the bottom of your message is what we are on about ..we do have friends that we don't chat to much but know we can always have a craic and friends that we meet that we don't need to chat to to much it the ones that at first are full of talk then it kind of fades away and you know you are never going to meet them .....ohh then there are friends that you keep that are a good laugh or you can share things with but you might never meet "

I agree with you, there are people on my friends list who I may never meet but we have a great laugh. But the ones that get deleted are the ones that are so willing to do anything and enthusiastic but then fall by the wayside as time goes on

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Something like the bottom of your message is what we are on about ..we do have friends that we don't chat to much but know we can always have a craic and friends that we meet that we don't need to chat to to much it the ones that at first are full of talk then it kind of fades away and you know you are never going to meet them .....ohh then there are friends that you keep that are a good laugh or you can share things with but you might never meet

I agree with you, there are people on my friends list who I may never meet but we have a great laugh. But the ones that get deleted are the ones that are so willing to do anything and enthusiastic but then fall by the wayside as time goes on "

Sorry, but it takes two to tango, if your sat there thinking, "hmm they never message anymore", they may be saying exact same?

I never close doors on people good enough, fun enough to friend me,that all said i am selective in that there has to be equality in terms of being able to share friends only pics etc, random friends invites from people pic-less and unverified kind of speak for themselves.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Emailing isn't fun if its a one way street ,so if I've tried mailing someone and it get ignored several times or they make no effort to communicate then I delete

I don't notify them but it's very odd how the very same day you delete them they them mail you asking how you are lol

Post new Message to Thread