Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Neurodivergent social….

Jump to newest

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Dose anyone hold these around Glasgow for neurospicy people? Or Edinburgh?

Maybe a bit quieter than your normal social event ??

Asking for….well me! Lmao

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

I thought the silent disco one might be good for this.

Also I've been to an Aberdeen one where they had an area you could go to get some time out if needed during the night was a quite good idea.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

I was thinking quieter/ Name badges/ stuff to help people make conversation different things as it can be hard for people myself included to become involved.

Not that I didn’t LOVE the summer AND winter social with year ?? both amazing times and experiences

41 weeks ago

"I was thinking quieter/ Name badges/ stuff to help people make conversation different things as it can be hard for people myself included to become involved.

Not that I didn’t LOVE the summer AND winter social with year ?? both amazing times and experiences

"

Probably some of the smaller socials are better for this.

The above are all great ideas!!!

I struggled a bit at the last one myself.

41 weeks ago

This would be a great idea, I (M) can struggle in social situations at clubs etc tend to find people can think I'm awkward or arrogant when in reality I'm to busy over analyzing the situation, wondering if I say something if it's weird and then to nervous to speak up

Luckily my misses understands me so well she is always there for support

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

"This would be a great idea, I (M) can struggle in social situations at clubs etc tend to find people can think I'm awkward or arrogant when in reality I'm to busy over analyzing the situation, wondering if I say something if it's weird and then to nervous to speak up

Luckily my misses understands me so well she is always there for support"

Aww that’s excellent having that support I’m thinking this could be something that’s missing in the community

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

"Dose anyone hold these around Glasgow for neurospicy people? Or Edinburgh?

Asking for….well me! Lmao "

I love the sound of this (I have ADHD - I’m mostly fun to be around, but I really struggle places that are too loud to chat with people). So far the most neurospicy event I’ve been to is Curve - a monthly daytime play party (and also social), organised by the RIG project - details are on FL. I mention it to everyone because it’s so nice

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

I love the sound of this (I have ADHD - I’m mostly fun to be around, but I really struggle places that are too loud to chat with people). So far the most neurospicy event I’ve been to is Curve - a monthly daytime play party (and also social), organised by the RIG project - details are on FL. I mention it to everyone because it’s so nice

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone. "

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone.

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you "

You’re welcome. I should also have said - we’ve got a lovely fledgling social group starting down in here in Ayrshire - you should be able to find a thread here on fab (if you’re interested and any issues finding it please ask!). We’re making lots of new neurospicy pervy best friends down here in the ‘shire.

41 weeks ago

We are also into kink, even before we started swinging so will definitely look into this ourselves, thanks for the information

But yeah I think something like this is missing from the community and it might be because there is still a stigmatism attached. Not everywhere and I have found the more I'm open about it when talking either at a club or a normal situation, a lot of people are more understanding.

I spent quite a few years in the army and that was very much a struggle which might cloud my judgment.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you

You’re welcome. I should also have said - we’ve got a lovely fledgling social group starting down in here in Ayrshire - you should be able to find a thread here on fab (if you’re interested and any issues finding it please ask!). We’re making lots of new neurospicy pervy best friends down here in the ‘shire. "

I have seen that and I have heard very good things about it from friends well done to you guys xx

By *lasgowHorseyMan
41 weeks ago

Glasgow

Neurodivergent social…

A great idea, if I was going, my name tag would be.... (He keeps talking and talking and talking)

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

"We are also into kink, even before we started swinging so will definitely look into this ourselves, thanks for the information

But yeah I think something like this is missing from the community and it might be because there is still a stigmatism attached. Not everywhere and I have found the more I'm open about it when talking either at a club or a normal situation, a lot of people are more understanding.

I spent quite a few years in the army and that was very much a struggle which might cloud my judgment."

Yeah for all the woke ness and equality it’s something that still needs more work, I can understand people may know want to share that side of themselves but for those that do. I feel we need more of a platform to bring us and and feel supported and comfortable and able to do what we do.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Neurodivergent social…

A great idea, if I was going, my name tag would be.... (He keeps talking and talking and talking) "

Oh we have our first victim… I mean name down

lmao

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

Since getting my ADHD diagnosis - and a massive burnout episode beforehand, I tend to wear it on my sleeve and gravitate towards neurospicy people, and filter out any situations or interactions where I don’t feel like I can be ‘me’.

There are some aspects of the kink and swinging community that are wonderful for this, which I’m trying to dig out.

The tricky bit for me at the moment - which I’m working on - is wanting to explore hedonistic group play, but also knowing that I could be over stimulated (not in a way) in a loud club, which could otherwise be ideal for this.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

"Since getting my ADHD diagnosis - and a massive burnout episode beforehand, I tend to wear it on my sleeve and gravitate towards neurospicy people, and filter out any situations or interactions where I don’t feel like I can be ‘me’.

There are some aspects of the kink and swinging community that are wonderful for this, which I’m trying to dig out.

The tricky bit for me at the moment - which I’m working on - is wanting to explore hedonistic group play, but also knowing that I could be over stimulated (not in a way) in a loud club, which could otherwise be ideal for this."

100% get what your saying

By *M60Couple
41 weeks ago

Central Scotland

I can handle social ok but Sundays are a massive decompression for me luckily have support from the Mrs.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

"I can handle social ok but Sundays are a massive decompression for me luckily have support from the Mrs."

must be hard at times

41 weeks ago

This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

"This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

"

100% but I feel some swingers could benefit too equality and all that.

41 weeks ago

"This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

100% but I feel some swingers could benefit too equality and all that. "

Fully agree, I’d personally like to see both scenes just embrace the other socially but Itl never happen.

The worst part of having two community sites for the two scenes is that you see individuals on one site promoting certain issues and portraying specific values to be popular yet come to the other site and act the complete opposite. It’s a shame really.

By *alcon43Woman
41 weeks ago

Paisley

You could arrange a social event yourself.

One option would possibly be to hire a dungeon for a few people for you to play in a quiet environment.

I have several neurodivergent friends and I personally find some situations overwhelming.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman
41 weeks ago

Midlothian

I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

By *inUpGirlWoman
41 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

"

There is often coffee socials (I used to organise these but unfortunately can't now due to work) think there has also been some dinner socials so not everything needs to revolve around alcohol. X

By *y3CsMan
41 weeks ago

Inverness

If there is ever a social like this, please count me in! I'm an awkward shy type but can come out my shell if in comfortable environments. Definitely approve of this idea!

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Amazing guys thank you so much for the feedback you’re all amazing xx I will definitely be looking into this more thank you xo!

By *igjohn1410Man
41 weeks ago

Ayr

Love this idea. Socials can be whatever you make of them, whether it be a night out or a quieter gathering sharing stories and advice. Would look into Fet as i am sure us Swingers and Kinksters can get along . Infact. After being to a few munches u would be surprised of how many people embrace both lifestyles x

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

[Removed by poster at 21/12/23 23:15:26]

By *isstucWoman
41 weeks ago

Glasgow

Look forward too seeing this develop .... Definetly something lacking in the community xx

By *leasureDomeClubCouple
41 weeks ago

GLASGOW

This is an awesome idea…. Will see what we can do xx

By *leasureDomeClubCouple
41 weeks ago

GLASGOW

"I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

"

The rearm “neurospicy” is EPIC by the way

By *hrisukbishareCouple
41 weeks ago

Edinburgh

This thread is wonderful and welcome to me..Quieter spaces, name tags, identifiers so we know a little of the queer or kink lifestyle we each favour. Thanks for starring thus explore.

By *rofqawMan
41 weeks ago

Cumbernauld

This is a great idea. I'd love to hear any arrangements.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman
41 weeks ago

Midlothian

The rearm “neurospicy” is EPIC by the way"

I love it too, only discovered it a couple of years ago, it works so well!

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

I’m loving seeing all the love for this thread

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Your all amazing guys thank you for engaging xx

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

[Removed by poster at 22/12/23 19:48:56]

By *oat yardMan
41 weeks ago

Ayr

"Your all amazing guys thank you for engaging xx "

Thank you for the OP x

So nice to find that there’s a lot of us that need this. Hoping for neurospicy socials, munches, self-organised events, kink/swinger crossovers and lovely community in 2024

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
41 weeks ago

glasgow

Bring on 2024!

By *isstucWoman
39 weeks ago

Glasgow

Can't wait too see what develops a d look forward to attending

By *teve_it_aloneMan
39 weeks ago

Dunfermline

This thread is restoring my faith in this place! Following this quietly from a ‘currently burnt out, but getting there’ ND corner with interest!

By *ollyRoxxxWoman
39 weeks ago

Wishaw

Loving this thread OP.

Happy to chat with folks off here and very interested to see what comes of it!

By *isstucWoman
36 weeks ago

Glasgow

Still watching can't wait to see where this goes xxx

By *crambledMan
35 weeks ago

Glasgow

I'm going to watch this thread with interest... Being on the spectrum, I can struggle with social situations and often over compensate.

By *bcums3Couple
35 weeks ago

lanarkshire

This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx

By *lasgowHorseyMan
35 weeks ago

Glasgow

"This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx"

Sorry if I've passed by this question or answer on this thread but how many channels would be on the headsets, 2/3/4/5 etc...?

By *bcums3Couple
35 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx

Sorry if I've passed by this question or answer on this thread but how many channels would be on the headsets, 2/3/4/5 etc...?"

3 channels but each person is in control of what they listen to

By *i guy 20Man
35 weeks ago

Glasgow

Maybe a bit late to this but def be something I'd be up for! Due to Asperger's I don't always find it easy to approach people at other events x

By *bcums3Couple
35 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"Maybe a bit late to this but def be something I'd be up for! Due to Asperger's I don't always find it easy to approach people at other events x"

Feel free to message me for some info x

By *40ffCouple
35 weeks ago

Anstruther

When is the silent disco ? Sounds very interesting xx

By *bcums3Couple
35 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"When is the silent disco ? Sounds very interesting xx"

24th feb x

By *ough75Man
35 weeks ago

edinburgh/bakewell/derby

[Removed by poster at 29/01/24 11:58:42]

By *isstucWoman
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

**crumbs** - watching this closely ..... Can't wait for more details xx

By *odgers and PartingCouple
26 weeks ago

edinburgh

Following

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

glasgow

More info to follow very soon :D thank you everyone for the feedback can’t wait to get this up and running and fingers crossed a regular thing :D

Xoxo!!

By *aughty_ex_newbiesCouple
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

This sounds great , I've realised lately that clubs are not right for me but I'd still like to explore the social side in a different kind of environment

Well done for organising xx

By *ueen CatWoman
26 weeks ago

fife

Definitely interested in this

By *ew couple4youCouple
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Considering how much we love a night out we don’t get to anywhere near as much socials as we would like

By *rP_TickleMan
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

I'd be up for one of those.

Not all of us are confident enought ot feel comfortable in those situations x

By *isstucWoman
19 weeks ago

Glasgow

xx

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
19 weeks ago

glasgow

Updates coming soon!!

By *ost-girlWoman
19 weeks ago

lost in Edinburgh somewhere

Interested in this!

Lx

By *ee69Man
19 weeks ago

glasgow

This would actually be really cool , a went to clubs years ago and didn’t find it was fir me , a smaller setting like this could be interesting though , people are more understanding off each other nowadays a hope

By *yrshirecurvesWoman
19 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Interested!

By *isstucWoman
19 weeks ago

Glasgow

Can't wait ! Xx

By *octor WhenMan
19 weeks ago

GLASGOW

Neither can I! Sounds like the perfect event for me.

By *allerthanaverage79Man
18 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Surely we're all neurodivergent?!

By *rofqawMan
18 weeks ago

Cumbernauld

Looking forward to the updates!

By *hrisukbishareCouple
18 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I do hope this comes together. A more sensual conscious consensual space. Swinging and playing and nakedness. Less noise and alcohol fuelling. More getting to feel people. Love it. Chris

By *assy LassieWoman
18 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"I do hope this comes together. A more sensual conscious consensual space. Swinging and playing and nakedness. Less noise and alcohol fuelling. More getting to feel people. Love it. Chris "

A naked social?

18 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I do hope this comes together. A more sensual conscious consensual space. Swinging and playing and nakedness. Less noise and alcohol fuelling. More getting to feel people. Love it. Chris

A naked social?"

That sounds like something that should be explored

18 weeks ago

"Updates coming soon!! "

This is the only thread that has made me wish there was a subscribe button.

By *agnar2323Man
18 weeks ago

Valhalla

"This would be a great idea, I (M) can struggle in social situations at clubs etc tend to find people can think I'm awkward or arrogant when in reality I'm to busy over analyzing the situation, wondering if I say something if it's weird and then to nervous to speak up

I've been referred to as cunt thankfully like you I have an understanding wife.

By *agnar2323Man
18 weeks ago

Valhalla

"Surely we're all neurodivergent?! "

To an extent we're all on the spectrum somewhere

By *orweigieMan
18 weeks ago

Ay

It’s something I have only recently discovered about myself I’m not typically neurodivergent I’m very outgoing, chatty and animated when I speak I don’t shut up but I think this is a great idea

By *orweigieMan
18 weeks ago

Ay

It’s also something I’m still learning about as well if anyone has any general advice on coping mechanisms and such or even maybe just to teach me a little bit more about life as a neurodiverse person

By *urvyorkneylassWoman
18 weeks ago

kirkwall

this is so me to but i’m on my own .. first time i went it was terrible.. second time i got talking to nice folk and they helped get the ball rolling

By *octor WhenMan
18 weeks ago

GLASGOW

"Surely we're all neurodivergent?!

To an extent we're all on the spectrum somewhere"

Some of us are on the Commodore

By *rvineguy69Man
18 weeks ago

killie

FAO _oat yard

Hi been reading your post and i would be interested in attending a smaller Ayrshire social event.. I can’t message you directly but can you message me with some details.. thanks

18 weeks ago

this is so me to but i’m on my own .. first time i went it was terrible.. second time i got talking to nice folk and they helped get the ball rolling "

Are you also the same in pretty much all situations and it's not just limited to clubs? I'm in a very self reflecting stage of my life and see so many past events where this has had a massive negative impact.

I'm glad there is more awareness, help and less stigmatism around this and mental health in general but can't help but think things could of been so different for me if I had that support growing up. Can't change the past though, can only keep growing for the future.

18 weeks ago

Glasgow

this is so me to but i’m on my own .. first time i went it was terrible.. second time i got talking to nice folk and they helped get the ball rolling

Are you also the same in pretty much all situations and it's not just limited to clubs? I'm in a very self reflecting stage of my life and see so many past events where this has had a massive negative impact.

I'm glad there is more awareness, help and less stigmatism around this and mental health in general but can't help but think things could of been so different for me if I had that support growing up. Can't change the past though, can only keep growing for the future."

Aww, I feel the same but also even though it's a bit late in my life, it's great to get more understanding and awareness of how the way we are can affect how we deal with things, as you say not just Fab life but life in general xx

By *octor WhenMan
18 weeks ago

GLASGOW

"Updates coming soon!!

This is the only thread that has made me wish there was a subscribe button. "

Now thats a cracking idea!

Maybe a telegram or kik group would help? Or maybe not?

By *corpioboyMan
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

I think this is a brilliant idea. I can be quite shy and quiet at times in certain situations and sometimes I find it difficult to socialise but it doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying myself. I try hard to get on with everyone and be kind and respectful.

By *cotlosthiskiltMan
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

Definitely would be interested in this, watching with interest.

By *urvyorkneylassWoman
17 weeks ago

kirkwall

I'm glad there is more awareness, help and less stigmatism around this and mental health in general but can't help but think things could of been so different for me if I had that support growing up. Can't change the past though, can only keep growing for the future."

yes all situations… i mask at work lol

By *tew008Man
17 weeks ago

edinburgh

Probably the only social event I’d consider just now

17 weeks ago

I’d be interested in this too

By *hrisukbishareCouple
17 weeks ago

Edinburgh

One of the reasons I enjoy visiting saunas like Chameleons (mixed) or Steamworks (solo M) is that I can make my own way around a relatively silent set of spaces. There is enough quiet dark areas to have a wee sit down. Then, given enough spoons, I can venture into a busy steam room or play space. Be fun to explore with even more 'quiet' sensual adventurers. I have worked out I need to avoid the alcohol party fuelled spaces - I just get overwhelmed.

By *heHornyWandererMan
17 weeks ago

glasgow

Definitely interested. Will keep checking for updates

16 weeks ago

I would love this. I get very apprehensive socially.

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
13 weeks ago

glasgow

Big update next week!!

By *ost-girlWoman
13 weeks ago

lost in Edinburgh somewhere

"Big update next week!!

"

Will be keeping an eye out for this lol

Lx

By *thanDiPoolMan
13 weeks ago

alloa

I'd be down and intrested sounds good.

By *allumcasonMan
13 weeks ago

Motherwell

Id definitely be interested. I'm absolutely dreadful when it comes to meeting people in a social environment

By *onnieandClyde08Couple
13 weeks ago

Stirling

We’d be interested too x

By *heHornyWandererMan
13 weeks ago

glasgow

Waiting with interest

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
13 weeks ago

glasgow

Buzzing to let you guys know what’s coming

By *thanDiPoolMan
13 weeks ago

alloa

"Buzzing to let you guys know what’s coming "

Being the tease you always are

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
13 weeks ago

glasgow

"Buzzing to let you guys know what’s coming

Being the tease you always are "

By *isstucWoman
13 weeks ago

Glasgow

Definetly watching with anticipation !!! Definetly missing from the scene xx

By *askedcouple37Couple
13 weeks ago

West Coast of Scotland

This could definitely be up our twos street

By *o_Xo OP   Woman
13 weeks ago

glasgow

I could not wait…. XO’s neurodivergent munch now live in social events and Scottish forum xx have at it guys.

Cant wait to see you guys

By *igjohn1410Man
13 weeks ago

Ayr

"I could not wait…. XO’s neurodivergent munch now live in social events and Scottish forum xx have at it guys.

Cant wait to see you guys "

Excellent!!!!!! Well done on organising it Cant wait

Post new Message to Thread