Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

thoughts please :)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

J and I have organised a couple of parties now and they have been great fun and pretty successful

HOWEVER we have been plagued with the time wasters who message constantly asking questions and promising the world only for them to not show up or come up with some crazy excuses (yes I have heard them all I do realise that things come up unexpectedly but .......)

Whilst this is annoying when I have devoted so much time to answering messages etc it also leaves me out of pocket as I usually divvy up the apartment cost and split it by how many are coming.

SO we are thinking about organising another one soon and wondered if I copied the social format and asked people to pay by paypal thus ensuring that the timewasters can fantasise as much as they want but if they eventually don't turn up then it is their loss

My worry is that it would scare off the genuine folks.

Thoughts please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *autious CoupleCouple
over a year ago

home

Sounds about right to us surely there would not be to much cost involved and at least if there was a genuine reason for someone not turning up you would not be out of pocket.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If ppl want to come along to ur party im sure they wouldnt mind paying a deposit thru paypal it works for jacs socials .

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"J and I have organised a couple of parties now and they have been great fun and pretty successful

HOWEVER we have been plagued with the time wasters who message constantly asking questions and promising the world only for them to not show up or come up with some crazy excuses (yes I have heard them all I do realise that things come up unexpectedly but .......)

Whilst this is annoying when I have devoted so much time to answering messages etc it also leaves me out of pocket as I usually divvy up the apartment cost and split it by how many are coming.

SO we are thinking about organising another one soon and wondered if I copied the social format and asked people to pay by paypal thus ensuring that the timewasters can fantasise as much as they want but if they eventually don't turn up then it is their loss

Thoughts please "

yep 100% yes,this what ive done since last year and its been very succesfull in cutting down on time wasters.

Even for just drinks nites i do a £5 deposit which is returned back on the nite and the diffrence this has made has been amazing with almost 100% of people turning up on the nite and if someone isnt able to attend they now notify my meaning they can then get their money back and someone else can be offered their places, where as before i took the deposit they just didnt turn up which wasnt fair to people waiting on a reserve list and losing out in attending .

You also find out very quickly who the time wasters as because as soon as you send out payment details people pay up str8 away the ones who dont you never hear from again .

Good luck and i hope it all goes well xxx

over a year ago

Thanks guys

It's not a lot - last time was £10 a head but 2 couples no shows left me and john paying £60

So while we still had a lot if fun with the folks who did show I was a bit pissed off next day but I guess lesson learned!

I reckon I'll start looking at dates then - ohhh goodie hehe

L xxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Thanks guys

It's not a lot - last time was £10 a head but 2 couples no shows left me and john paying £60

So while we still had a lot if fun with the folks who did show I was a bit pissed off next day but I guess lesson learned!

L xxx "

That's why I started doing it,I done a Christmas dinner social last year and only took a deposit because that's all the restaurant wanted,I then had no shows and I had to pay for the ones who didn't attend at a cost to me of almost £100 ,and not even an email to say why they didn't show

over a year ago

"Thanks guys

L xxx That's why I started doing it,I done a Christmas dinner social last year and only took a deposit because that's all the restaurant wanted,I then had no shows and I had to pay for the ones who didn't attend at a cost to me of almost £100 ,and not even an email to say why they didn't show "

That's so selfish isn't it? Drives me mad - no need for it - manners cost nothing xxx

over a year ago

ive found charging a nominal fee for a party works a treat, it cuts down on the who'd going, what happens type of emails and the folk that genuinely want to go will pay it

over a year ago

"ive found charging a nominal fee for a party works a treat, it cuts down on the who'd going, what happens type of emails and the folk that genuinely want to go will pay it

"

well I'd be interested wouldn't have far to go lol

Paying through PayPal sounds like a good idea wouldn't have a problem

Ps yes I would have a partner lol

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"J and I have organised a couple of parties now and they have been great fun and pretty successful

Thoughts please "

Sound good to me , cuts down on timewasters and fantasists, two questions 1. Can I come ? 2. Do you take provy cheques ?

over a year ago

Thoughts please

Sound good to me , cuts down on timewasters and fantasists, two questions 1. Can I come ? 2. Do you take provy cheques ? "

You know I always like it when you cum big boy

No provvy cheques but you can leave your car keys as a deposit

Lol xxx

over a year ago

I really need to figure out this PayPal thingy.

It does make sense to have one.

Jaqs, HELLLLP!

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Thoughts please

Sound good to me , cuts down on timewasters and fantasists, two questions 1. Can I come ? 2. Do you take provy cheques ?

Lol xxx "

That car is a classic....not many t reg metro's on the road !'

over a year ago

"I really need to figure out this PayPal thingy.

It does make sense to have one.

Jaqs, HELLLLP!

"

It's easy - just go on to PayPal.co.uk and choose sign up

over a year ago

Thoughts please

Lol xxx

That car is a classic....not many t reg metro's on the road !'"

And not many who's body work would take my leaning against it either

If it hadn't been such a public place I might even have tested out the bonnet xxx

Post new Message to Thread