Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Chatting then blocking

Jump to newest

By *r n Mrs Bliss OP   Couple
47 weeks ago

Livingston

What is it with some folks your chatting away arranging to meet then boom blocked lol is this a common thing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xiled2013Man
47 weeks ago

Dumbarton/Alexandria

"What is it with some folks your chatting away arranging to meet then boom blocked lol is this a common thing "

It's quite common unfortunately.

By (user no longer on site)
47 weeks ago

Wish I knew had it happen to me 3 times now.

47 weeks ago

It's a mystery to me

By *alcon43Woman
47 weeks ago

Paisley

Sometimes the conversation takes a turn that isn’t what’s expected. It doesn’t take much for a comment to turn someone off.

47 weeks ago

"What is it with some folks your chatting away arranging to meet then boom blocked lol is this a common thing "

Yeah, I think some people are in the zone, and the chat either doesn't have the same effect when not in the moment? Is weird though

47 weeks ago

People can just change their mind for many reasons and rather than give a reason they just block. It’s the internet (wee shrugs emoji) Just move on and enjoy

47 weeks ago

Happens constantly to singles guys .. the height of rudeness.

By *ueen CatWoman
47 weeks ago

fife

"What is it with some folks your chatting away arranging to meet then boom blocked lol is this a common thing

Happens constantly to singles guys .. the height of rudeness."

Happens to us all

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"Sometimes the conversation takes a turn that isn’t what’s expected. It doesn’t take much for a comment to turn someone off. "

We had asked about a suitable time they replied and before we could answer we was blocked lol

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"People can just change their mind for many reasons and rather than give a reason they just block. It’s the internet (wee shrugs emoji) Just move on and enjoy "

Well aware of that we have moved on was more a querie and a chuckle

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"What is it with some folks your chatting away arranging to meet then boom blocked lol is this a common thing

Happens constantly to singles guys .. the height of rudeness.

Happens to us all "

Yeah we know isn’t the first and I’m sure it won’t be the last

47 weeks ago

Livingston

Happens constantly to singles guys .. the height of rudeness."

Having been a single guy when I first joined I understand how guys get a hard time and well aware how difficult it is for them

47 weeks ago

Livingston

Yeah, I think some people are in the zone, and the chat either doesn't have the same effect when not in the moment? Is weird though "

Very much so

By *rjaffa33Man
47 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I also think there are more people on here that suddenly freak out when it all becomes a but real. Its unfortunate that ao many people are interested in the scene but when push comes to shove they freak out and there reaction to that is just to block.

Or.... in the case of women with single guys, they have had bad experiences of when letting someone down getting inappropriate abuse for it and so avoid that happening again.

By *erlins5Man
47 weeks ago

South Fife

If some one blocks.... Well you were never going to meet them any way....Just forget it.

47 weeks ago

It happens, just move on to better things

By *use and wolfCouple
47 weeks ago

angus

Happened to us, seems counter productive

47 weeks ago

It's happened to us, and we find if we send a message and there's no reply after a while, there's no interest, so it's better to block.

By *ide em cowgirlWoman
47 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It’s a very common thing. Easier option rather than just saying that maybe playing wouldn’t work or they aren’t feeling it. Or they aren’t who they say they are. It’s a shame but best to just move on and not dwell on it. What’s meant for you won’t pass you by as they as.

By *omcupCouple
47 weeks ago

Alexandria

Happened to us yesterday all because we didn't reply straight away, people really need to get a grip

47 weeks ago

on occasion I think that they have recognised me so hit the block button. I did this once when I realised I was speaking to someone who lives two doors away from me

By *Night-Errant-Man
47 weeks ago

Glasgow

A lot of men (and perhaps some women, though far less) on here are just fantasists - who have no intention of ever meeting - and are simply looking for wank-material.

If they are able to stumble through a conversation convincingly enough for once to the point of a meet being arranged, they either bottle it, or recognise that this was their pre-arranged point to hit 'eject'.

By *alcon43Woman
47 weeks ago

Paisley

The chase is what gives them the thrill. I think some people never intend to meet.

By *rs MMAIWoman
47 weeks ago

Glasgow

I'm guilty of blocking without warning if I'm not feeling it - the reason being I've tried on numerous occasions to let people down gently if I'm not attracted to them after they share a face pic etc, to then become the subject of abusive messages. I'm just not prepared to keep going through that, and not going to pretend I'm interested when I'm not. I don't mean to hurt people's feelings, but I will protect mine.

47 weeks ago

Livingston

Thanks everyone who has commented

We wasn’t moaning and do realise it happens

Sorry to hear that folks get abused when they have declined

We have moved on like I’ve said was more a querie than a moan and do apologise if it’s come across as moaning was never our intention

47 weeks ago

"Thanks everyone who has commented

We have moved on like I’ve said was more a querie than a moan and do apologise if it’s come across as moaning was never our intention "

No, didn’t think that at all and I’m sure others didn’t too

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"Thanks everyone who has commented

We have moved on like I’ve said was more a querie than a moan and do apologise if it’s come across as moaning was never our intention

No, didn’t think that at all and I’m sure others didn’t too "

By *reeformMan
47 weeks ago

China

Yeah I agree, this has happened to me already three times on this current profile...

Chatting away fine and then suddenly for no reason blocked just when you thought things were going smoothly.

Also happened when I was on a previous profile, so much so that I deleted my account. So difficult to find a genuine meet it would seem. People like the idea of it in theory but yet not in practise I guess?

By *ustyWoman
47 weeks ago

inverclyde

As they say lot are all talk when on here...but you say let's meet all the excuses suddenly come out why they can't. You arrange to meet and it's a no show

By *4Fun11Woman
47 weeks ago

Glasgow

Nowt as queer as folk especially on here

By *andy BenMan
47 weeks ago

Glasgow South

Has happened to me many times. Disappointing and very annoying. Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to.

By *orl1971Couple
47 weeks ago

Glasgow

It’s happened to us too. If you are in a conversation it’s only manners to end it gracefully. As simple ‘sorry changed our mind’ or other excuse takes two minutes to send.

We’ve rejected a lot, esp single guys, because we get a few messages. We reject in a mannerly way and can only think of one or two cases of abuse and we then just blocked them. Cases of abuse seem to be rarer for us than people just disappearing and blocking mind conversation.

We try to minimise talk online and go for a face to face as soon as possible. The more you talk online the more likely there will be a misunderstanding which causes a block.

By *avie65Man
47 weeks ago

In the west.

"It’s happened to us too. If you are in a conversation it’s only manners to end it gracefully. As simple ‘sorry changed our mind’ or other excuse takes two minutes to send.

We’ve rejected a lot, esp single guys, because we get a few messages. We reject in a mannerly way and can only think of one or two cases of abuse and we then just blocked them. Cases of abuse seem to be rarer for us than people just disappearing and blocking mind conversation.

We try to minimise talk online and go for a face to face as soon as possible. The more you talk online the more likely there will be a misunderstanding which causes a block. "

Text and WhatsApp messages cause so many problems in real life, but that can be down to the way commas are or aren't used. It wouldn't be the first time I've read a message and though 'you cheeky b'stard', only to take my time and read it again and think 'ah'.

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"It’s happened to us too. If you are in a conversation it’s only manners to end it gracefully. As simple ‘sorry changed our mind’ or other excuse takes two minutes to send.

We try to minimise talk online and go for a face to face as soon as possible. The more you talk online the more likely there will be a misunderstanding which causes a block. "

Yeah we like to get to face to face as soon as possible

47 weeks ago

Livingston

"Nowt as queer as folk especially on here "

Truth

By *ringles0510Woman
47 weeks ago

Central Borders

I think a lot of people are just on here for the online entertainment, with no intention to meet at all. Which is fine, they should just tell us straight away and not waste our time x

46 weeks ago

Yeah it happens, happened to me a few times now too

By *orl1971Couple
46 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I think a lot of people are just on here for the online entertainment, with no intention to meet at all. Which is fine, they should just tell us straight away and not waste our time x"

Yes it’s frustrating how few people actually meet rather than just talking.

By *.Anony mouseMan
46 weeks ago

Dumbarton

Blocked once and then a no show after booking a cracking air bnb apartment in town, as a guy on fab it’s hard enough to get a reply at the best of times, I used to have a couples profile and if we got chatting we’d always arrange a social meet and if there was no attraction we’d be honest and still have a good time

By *ife NinjaMan
46 weeks ago

Dunfermline

"I think a lot of people are just on here for the online entertainment, with no intention to meet at all. Which is fine, they should just tell us straight away and not waste our time x

Yes it’s frustrating how few people actually meet rather than just talking. "

Fantasist. Like to get fabbed, then they're gone

By *eg2509Woman
46 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Tbh, I have done this. I’m not proud of it but sometimes it’s just simpler than having the old oh sorry I didn’t like your look when you sent your face pic. I’d just feel horrid saying that

By *ikerbob1957Man
46 weeks ago

Glasgow

I've had that a few times. Usually guys wanting a MMF but it's all a fantasy and the "wife" possibly knows nothing about it if she even exists.

46 weeks ago

Reading these messages makes me feel so much better about fab well to a point. I always start a conversation with a “Hello” is this not the correct approach? I thought being new to this scene was like starting a new job in very cleeky place. I don’t like to give in so I’m going to persevere and annoy at same time. Hopefully learn better spelling and grammar to.

By *ife NinjaMan
46 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Tbh, I have done this. I’m not proud of it but sometimes it’s just simpler than having the old oh sorry I didn’t like your look when you sent your face pic. I’d just feel horrid saying that "

You fell asleep on me

45 weeks ago

Tbh, I have done this. I’m not proud of it but sometimes it’s just simpler than having the old oh sorry I didn’t like your look when you sent your face pic. I’d just feel horrid saying that "

I would rather just know, just give the nice little closure, I know I’m no Brad clooney but I also appreciate there is much more choice for women as well, I just have to wait at the back of the queue as they say….

By *ustyWoman
45 weeks ago

inverclyde

Lots of guys are all talk on here you mention meeting...they are all for it then its either a no show, ghosted or blocked ....makes it harder for the genuine single guys

45 weeks ago

"Lots of guys are all talk on here you mention meeting...they are all for it then its either a no show, ghosted or blocked ....makes it harder for the genuine single guys"

I guess there are failing and fakes on all sides, just very frustrating. Was hoping somewhere like this would be a little less like the dating app attitude…..guess not lol

45 weeks ago

Sometimes I just think it is a literal implementation of "no strings attached" but is would save any wondering if there was a simple "no longer interested " message but fair play either way..

45 weeks ago

"Sometimes I just think it is a literal implementation of "no strings attached" but is would save any wondering if there was a simple "no longer interested " message but fair play either way.. "

Agreed

By *att_231Man
45 weeks ago

Glasgow

Ive had that happen a few times now too. It's a bit rude really. I think it would be less rude to respond with a 'thanks, but no thanks'.

45 weeks ago

"Ive had that happen a few times now too. It's a bit rude really. I think it would be less rude to respond with a 'thanks, but no thanks'."

It’s no different on the dating apps, societal etiquette goes out the window unfortunately, easy from behind a screen

By *ringles0510Woman
45 weeks ago

Central Borders

"Ive had that happen a few times now too. It's a bit rude really. I think it would be less rude to respond with a 'thanks, but no thanks'.

It’s no different on the dating apps, societal etiquette goes out the window unfortunately, easy from behind a screen "

That's why I stopped wasting my time with the online stuff, it did get quite tedious as well tbh - felt like groundhog day, going over similar conversations and messages over and over again.

More chance actually meeting someone genuine at the swingers clubs and big social events. Or even regular pubs.

By *ensualgent38Man
45 weeks ago

Edinburgh & London

I think it’s that Fab is a place that gives you the freedom to chat then change your mind without ever having to explain why. Very frustrating though, when you invest time like you have in a nice conversation you hope might lead to some fun.

45 weeks ago

"Ive had that happen a few times now too. It's a bit rude really. I think it would be less rude to respond with a 'thanks, but no thanks'.

It’s no different on the dating apps, societal etiquette goes out the window unfortunately, easy from behind a screen

That's why I stopped wasting my time with the online stuff, it did get quite tedious as well tbh - felt like groundhog day, going over similar conversations and messages over and over again.

More chance actually meeting someone genuine at the swingers clubs and big social events. Or even regular pubs.

"

Same for us. That's why we don't do socials anymore other than organised socials at a club. It was becoming laborious at times.

Post new Message to Thread