Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

More blocks than a box of lego

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Recently I’ve started to notice that most people just go straight to the block bottom.

I do understand that you get a lot of fakes, time wasters and just sone creeps on here and that it has to be used.

But I’ve notice that you read a profile and it give you instructions on how to get a reply. For example put a name in the title or attach a face pic ect but you do all this and it’s an instant block.

Also to not even have the chance to talk to the person and just judge them like a book cover isnt very fair either.

For a genuine single guy on here it’s just getting to the extreme now and I believe most lose faith a lot when you put in a lot of time and effort to get nothing but a block than a reply with a sorry no thanks.

Also I see that there’s more mind games than a war tactician these day never a straight answer.

I myself find it difficult when you get told you’re not real and are a fake when I’ve been verified more than once and have been to social.

For being on and off here since 2010 I would rather say bring back the good old days when you could chat to genuine people. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack nowadays.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The site rules state that no response is a response

These people may have 400-700 messages sitting in their inbox and cannot physically reply to all to say no thank you

You had a meet a week ago it seems you’re doing well!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I get all that and it can be very overwhelming.

But to do all the stuff they asks in their profile which you’ve read and just get blocked is a bit low.

Yeah I got the meet cause I put in the effort that most deserve and chatted to them before meeting.

Reply privately

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Yes I get all that and it can be very overwhelming.

But to do all the stuff they asks in their profile which you’ve read and just get blocked is a bit low.

Yeah I got the meet cause I put in the effort that most deserve and chatted to them before meeting."

They still don't tell you you are guaranteed a reply.

Bottom like is it's down to attraction. If they don't fancy you or what you have in your profile. They are filtering you out.

Surely this can only be a good thing... leaving you to peruse other profiles that may be interested in you.

You haven't asked for profile advice so I won't go there. Except to say looking at yours I have no idea what you are looking for

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think that rule of no answer just lets people the right to be rude.being kind costs nothing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think that rule of no answer just lets people the right to be rude.being kind costs nothing"

I once spent 3 hours sending out polite no thank you’s

Never again. It might cost nothing but it takes up a lot of time

Reply privately

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Recently I’ve started to notice that most people just go straight to the block bottom.

I do understand that you get a lot of fakes, time wasters and just sone creeps on here and that it has to be used.

But I’ve notice that you read a profile and it give you instructions on how to get a reply. For example put a name in the title or attach a face pic ect but you do all this and it’s an instant block.

Also to not even have the chance to talk to the person and just judge them like a book cover isnt very fair either.

For a genuine single guy on here it’s just getting to the extreme now and I believe most lose faith a lot when you put in a lot of time and effort to get nothing but a block than a reply with a sorry no thanks.

Also I see that there’s more mind games than a war tactician these day never a straight answer.

I myself find it difficult when you get told you’re not real and are a fake when I’ve been verified more than once and have been to social.

For being on and off here since 2010 I would rather say bring back the good old days when you could chat to genuine people. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack nowadays.

"

First off why are you jumping through hoops in the hope of a meet in the 1st place !?

If I was a male on here reading some females profiles of add a certain word or attach a face pic for a reply then I’d simply walk on by !

We are all equals … or should be but I know some put themselves on high pedestals & some need to remember is a long crash on the way down .

A no reply is a not interested

A block is definitely a not interested so don’t sweat about it and just concentrate on those who are interested in you

Reply privately

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

More blocks than a box of Lego cause the folk who message me tend to have more issues than the Beano.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"More blocks than a box of Lego cause the folk who message me tend to have more issues than the Beano. "

Perfecto

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol I just think respect goes out the window and manners cost nothing. And then some people get on their high horse and think they are better than everyone.

I get there has to be attraction ect but it’s getting extreme none and alot of people are losing faith here, alot of let downs.

I got blocked cause of a woman cause she said i wasn’t real and when I asked here how do and how can I prove that I’m genuine she blocked me

Had it with people looking to meet and arranging it then it Comes to the day and blocked for no reason.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lol I just think respect goes out the window and manners cost nothing. And then some people get on their high horse and think they are better than everyone.

I get there has to be attraction ect but it’s getting extreme none and alot of people are losing faith here, alot of let downs.

I got blocked cause of a woman cause she said i wasn’t real and when I asked here how do and how can I prove that I’m genuine she blocked me

Had it with people looking to meet and arranging it then it Comes to the day and blocked for no reason.

"

Some men have zero meets on here in years, you’ve been verified and had a meet last week. You’re doing better than most

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I hope so cause I’m genuine and I don’t let people down or waste time. This isn’t a game you know. Plus I know exactly how it works after being here for over 10 years.

All I’m saying is there’s no valid reason for most blocks, like a block just if you say hello like wtf? Would be a different story if it was sone creep asking to pay or wanting some horrible thing.

Just people are a bit trigger happy on the block button theses days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/06/23 15:37:35]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I hope so cause I’m genuine and I don’t let people down or waste time. This isn’t a game you know. Plus I know exactly how it works after being here for over 10 years.

All I’m saying is there’s no valid reason for most blocks, like a block just if you say hello like wtf? Would be a different story if it was sone creep asking to pay or wanting some horrible thing.

Just people are a bit trigger happy on the block button theses days."

I think you're letting this annoy you way too much.

A random stranger's opinion of you on a sex site, where many of the same people post pictures of household objects rammed up their flute, should be of no consequence to you.

It's their profile. They can do what they like. Maybe they're exerting a bit of control in the only area of their life where the can. Fuck, I wish I had a block button in the real world. I'd have RSI from rattling fuck out of it.

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
over a year ago

fife

Well I use the block button as a filter. Makes my life much easier now.

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
over a year ago

fife

For example if men repeatedly message after no reply and they don't read my profile properly, block button is a simple filter as if a guy has already messaged a few times then he's likely to continue if I don't block.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m not annoyed at all as everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.

I see why ladies do it cause it can be a bit much.

Like I arrange a social with someone, chat was great looking very positive. But then cancelled the social meet as said they were tired from the weekend which is fair enough. So tried to reschedule it for another time just turned into a ghost and a block for no reason at all.

I wish I could understand women but as a man I’ll never have a clue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You’ve been on 3 months, met 2 couples who btw look pretty attractive so I’d say you’re doing not too badly at all. I’ve seen guys on here with decent profiles, live for years and haven’t even got to sniffing a wet patch.

The no response thing is a response in its own right as said above. Do what I do and if you see you have previously messaged without a reply, then dont message them again. You can use the private notes bit too. Also, you might be getting blocked by those who previously had you blocked when you were on under a different profile.

Wouldn’t let it get to you, people will block for a reason and they are more than entitled to use the site however they wish man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For example if men repeatedly message after no reply and they don't read my profile properly, block button is a simple filter as if a guy has already messaged a few times then he's likely to continue if I don't block. "

It's the cut and paste messages which are sent 3 or 4 times in a row that rip my knitting. If you're going to be a persistent pain in the hole at least be original!

Reply privately

By *enelope2UWoman
over a year ago

Fife

[Removed by poster at 20/06/23 18:45:50]

Reply privately

By *enelope2UWoman
over a year ago

Fife

I block if clearly my long as profile isn't read . Can't even spend a few minutes to see if I'm actually who you want to speak to is an instant turn off.. so is mentioning anything remotely vile and not even bothering to be respectful. I also block based on those thinking a dick pick is something I requested when it's the least if my concern. Generally it's those who don't care that get blocked and honestly I should probably block more as they say the best cream cums to the top.

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Blocking is better than sending the response that you’re not interested and then getting docs abuse back in return.

Not everyone takes rejection well.

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
over a year ago

fife

"For example if men repeatedly message after no reply and they don't read my profile properly, block button is a simple filter as if a guy has already messaged a few times then he's likely to continue if I don't block.

It's the cut and paste messages which are sent 3 or 4 times in a row that rip my knitting. If you're going to be a persistent pain in the hole at least be original!"

Oh this too

Reply privately

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

"Yes I get all that and it can be very overwhelming.

Yeah I got the meet cause I put in the effort that most deserve and chatted to them before meeting."

They have their way of doing it and they're entitled to. I just delete messages from people I'm not interested in and use the notes section rather than block, but that's just me.

Reply privately

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 20/06/23 19:18:35]

Reply privately

By *at-me-drink-meWoman
over a year ago

w.lothian.TAKE ME TO WONDERLAND

For me the block button is like a filter. If iv said no and they keep mailing block if they mail 100's miles away block. If they are abusive block if they treat me like an lady of the nite in mail block. At the end of the day for women and couples can get 100's of mail a day..every 1 has a real life outside of fab and its impossible to reply no thank u to every1 and even if u do you get 101 questions asking why not so block button just cuts that out. I wouldnt take it to heart

Reply privately

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

So if you message 50 profiles a day and get 50 no thanks responses. Would that make you feel better than not getting a response. Them blocking you is like a reverse filter for you.

All about perspective.

Reply privately

By *oberto7Man
over a year ago

Greenock

I prefer when they just block ! Saves you sending another message, As a lot do mass delete at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So if you message 50 profiles a day and get 50 no thanks responses. Would that make you feel better than not getting a response. Them blocking you is like a reverse filter for you.

All about perspective. "

Imagine 50 folk telling you to bolt in the one day...Christ, can you imagine the forum posts greetin about that!?

Reply privately

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"So if you message 50 profiles a day and get 50 no thanks responses. Would that make you feel better than not getting a response. Them blocking you is like a reverse filter for you.

All about perspective.

Imagine 50 folk telling you to bolt in the one day...Christ, can you imagine the forum posts greetin about that!? "

They would be too busy replying asking "why not, I'm horny n you have a hole. Gies a chance"

Reply privately

over a year ago

As most have said, I also use the block as a filter, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Reply privately

By *magine all the peopleCouple
over a year ago

Perth

"As most have said, I also use the block as a filter, I wouldn't let it bother you. "

That's our approach. We've blocked people we don't think we're compatible with. Some are now out friends. Simple. Doesn't mean we wouldn't enjoy their company, we just don't think sex would work between us.

Happy swinging x

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn’t bother me at all, I just said I noticed that you get blocked straight away these days for just saying hello.

Fair enough people use it as a filter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/06/23 01:04:14]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel your pain mate, I understand the point you are trying to make, for me it is the profiles that lay down the demands on what you should or should not write in a message and unless you tick all their check boxes don't even have the audacity to bother them. Not being rude but some people need to get a reality check or a mirror would be a start. Just saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Finally someone that can see my point and I totally agree man.

To be thrown into the same pot as fakes, time waster and pic collectors is just a slap to the face, then to try to prove your real and genuine to be blocked is the biggest kick in the balls

I can see why genuine singles get upset and have no faith on here. You have it coming from all sides

Reply privately

By *otbeefandonionsCouple
over a year ago

Bathgate

I wouldn't say you are being thrown in any box, the recipient just isn't interested

It's not that deep

You won't be for everyone, just like everyone isn't for you x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m not saying myself in just saying in general about single guys

I know I won’t be someone cup of tea and they won’t be mine.

Reply privately

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"I’m not annoyed at all as everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.

I see why ladies do it cause it can be a bit much.

Like I arrange a social with someone, chat was great looking very positive. But then cancelled the social meet as said they were tired from the weekend which is fair enough. So tried to reschedule it for another time just turned into a ghost and a block for no reason at all.

I wish I could understand women but as a man I’ll never have a clue.

"

And you think the men of fab haven't mastered this technique?

Reply privately

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

I started off replying to everyone who had put a bit of effort into their message. In most cases that reply had to be a polite no thanks.

To then get "why?", or "but we can chat and be friends", or "but you don't even know me", or simply start throwing insults. So I'm not replying anymore to people i don't want to meet.

And you might not think so, but you really aren't entitled to a reply. Suck it up x

Reply privately

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I’m not saying myself in just saying in general about single guys

I know I won’t be someone cup of tea and they won’t be mine."

me thinks one doth protest too much

Reply privately

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

I've been sat with a female at the same time she posted an innocent status about having a bottle of Red.

The volume and messages she got where insane and didn't let up either! I knew it was bad but that opened my eyes.

Females can't possibly reply to everyone imo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe fab should look at a generic answer system. It's actually off putting and I'm getting fed up with it.

I'd be off if I hadn't paid for the subscription so once that is done so will I be. So many ignorant people on here who must have ideas above their station

Reply privately

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Maybe fab should look at a generic answer system. It's actually off putting and I'm getting fed up with it.

I'd be off if I hadn't paid for the subscription so once that is done so will I be. So many ignorant people on here who must have ideas above their station"

It's off putting seeing the constant "women are rude and ignorant" statuses and forum posts popping up as well.

Reply privately

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Maybe fab should look at a generic answer system. It's actually off putting and I'm getting fed up with it.

I'd be off if I hadn't paid for the subscription so once that is done so will I be. So many ignorant people on here who must have ideas above their station

It's off putting seeing the constant "women are rude and ignorant" statuses and forum posts popping up as well. "

Good filter mind! Yeah, I too am trigger happy with the block button x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well maybe woman should stop being rude and ignorant then not rocket science

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
over a year ago

fife

"Well maybe woman should stop being rude and ignorant then not rocket science"

Oh dear, can't say that will encourage women to chat

Reply privately

By *ueen CatWoman
over a year ago

fife

"Well maybe woman should stop being rude and ignorant then not rocket science"

It's not rocket science for us women to be wise and time concious either. I'd like you to spend every night saying no thanks and why, to hundreds of messages. We all have lives also. We speak to the people we are interested in and we get on just fine. The only people that find us rude are the guys having a tantrum that they can't get enough women to chat to them.

Reply privately