Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Contraception

Jump to newest

By *evils Pudding OP   Couple
over a year ago

the pub or in the nude in Paisley

Harley is currently watching Davina McCall’s pill revolution on channel 4.

Let’s chat about it? Mostly aimed at women but guys chime in too. You are allowed to provide the protection too

I’ve been on the pill since I was 15, that’s nearly 20 years straight, pretty sure it’s caused my health issues & fucked my mental health, but there’s no help out there.

I know I don’t want to accidentally get pregnant & you can’t always trust a guy to provide a condom

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

You're only 34 so a good bit younger than me.

I came off the pill when I was 34 as I just didn't feel like myself anymore. Prescribed at 14 for very bad PMT symptoms which it did help. But it basically flat lined me. No ups or downs in my mood. It was only when I took the occasional break in my late teens/early 20s that I noticed changes. Improved libido, lighter mood.

Stopped it completely after my kids and felt like a cloud had lifted. My partner noticed a change in me too. He also remarked on how better and different I tasted (no other way of putting it ) as my hormones had obviously changed.

Tried the progesterone only pill a few years ago to help with heavy periods but it basically turned me into an axe murderer.

I can no longer take any hormonal contraception because of other health conditions. But I wouldn't take it even if I could.

It makes sense that fucking about with hormones has such an impact on pretty much every aspect of our wellbeing. Will actively discourage my daughter taking the pill for as long as possible.

over a year ago

"You're only 34 so a good bit younger than me.

I came off the pill when I was 34 as I just didn't feel like myself anymore. Prescribed at 14 for very bad PMT symptoms which it did help. But it basically flat lined me. No ups or downs in my mood. It was only when I took the occasional break in my late teens/early 20s that I noticed changes. Improved libido, lighter mood.

Stopped it completely after my kids and felt like a cloud had lifted. My partner noticed a change in me too. He also remarked on how better and different I tasted (no other way of putting it ) as my hormones had obviously changed.

Tried the progesterone only pill a few years ago to help with heavy periods but it basically turned me into an axe murderer.

I can no longer take any hormonal contraception because of other health conditions. But I wouldn't take it even if I could.

It makes sense that fucking about with hormones has such an impact on pretty much every aspect of our wellbeing. Will actively discourage my daughter taking the pill for as long as possible. "

Thank you for commenting.

I honestly don’t even know who I am I’ve been on it my whole life it feels. I totally understand everything you said. I had bad periods and it helped. Mood swings, weight gain etc just part of the package innit

Other health conditions you said but do you think the pill caused those, that’s what I’m wondering. 20 years just like me! Although I’ve no kids.

Yeah I’ve no sex drive really & could defo do with lightening my mood at times

By *isge BeathaWoman
over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

"Harley is currently watching Davina McCall’s pill revolution on channel 4.

Let’s chat about it? Mostly aimed at women but guys chime in too. You are allowed to provide the protection too

I’ve been on the pill since I was 15, that’s nearly 20 years straight, pretty sure it’s caused my health issues & fucked my mental health, but there’s no help out there.

I know I don’t want to accidentally get pregnant & you can’t always trust a guy to provide a condom "

Have you discussed going on the "depo"? This as an alternative so worth discussing it and a lot better for a variety of reasons.

over a year ago

It makes sense that fucking about with hormones has such an impact on pretty much every aspect of our wellbeing. Will actively discourage my daughter taking the pill for as long as possible.

I honestly don’t even know who I am I’ve been on it my whole life it feels. I totally understand everything you said. I had bad periods and it helped. Mood swings, weight gain etc just part of the package innit

Other health conditions you said but do you think the pill caused those, that’s what I’m wondering. 20 years just like me! Although I’ve no kids.

Yeah I’ve no sex drive really & could defo do with lightening my mood at times "

No, the health conditions are a separate issue which would be exacerbated by hormonal contraception.

It's not a nice feeling. It was a relatively easy decision for me to come off it though as I has a long term partner and pregnancy wasn't an issue.

Since then we've mostly relied on his cum face for contraception

over a year ago

"Harley is currently watching Davina McCall’s pill revolution on channel 4.

I know I don’t want to accidentally get pregnant & you can’t always trust a guy to provide a condom

Have you discussed going on the "depo"? This as an alternative so worth discussing it and a lot better for a variety of reasons. "

I was getting the injection just before COVID but as it was Stay at home etc, they put me on a different pill one that’s like the injection

over a year ago

No, the health conditions are a separate issue which would be exacerbated by hormonal contraception.

It's not a nice feeling. It was a relatively easy decision for me to come off it though as I has a long term partner and pregnancy wasn't an issue.

Since then we've mostly relied on his cum face for contraception "

Absolutely brilliant, I’ve been thinking about coming off it, but do not want to have babies lol

By *isge BeathaWoman
over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

If the injection worked for you, go back to it. Contraception isn't one pill for all. We're all different so it takes time to find something that works for you.

over a year ago

Absolutely brilliant, I’ve been thinking about coming off it, but do not want to have babies lol "

I can my send you a pic of his cum coupon. Mr can wear it as a mask

over a year ago

Absolutely brilliant, I’ve been thinking about coming off it, but do not want to have babies lol

I can my send you a pic of his cum coupon. Mr can wear it as a mask "

Sounds ideal!

over a year ago

"If the injection worked for you, go back to it. Contraception isn't one pill for all. We're all different so it takes time to find something that works for you."

Yeah I guess I could, I’ve not got an issue with my pill tbh just think if there’s any damage it’s already done anyway

By *hyme2020Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow Scotland

I’m was on the pill from 15 for horrendous periods until I came off it at 28 to try for a baby. I never went back on anything and relied on condoms with my ex husband. 2 years ago I went on a progesterone only pill for 2 months as it was apparently better for “women my age” and it made my mood horrendous. I don’t suffer with depression but these two months were horrendous and I couldn’t have continued. If I was in a long term relationship I would need to do something as still a chance at 44 I could fall pregnant, and that shop is well and truly closed. Just now I will just continue to be careful with condoms when I am lucky enough to be having the opportunity lol and hope for the best!

over a year ago

"I’m was on the pill from 15 for horrendous periods until I came off it at 28 to try for a baby. I never went back on anything and relied on condoms with my ex husband. 2 years ago I went on a progesterone only pill for 2 months as it was apparently better for “women my age” and it made my mood horrendous. I don’t suffer with depression but these two months were horrendous and I couldn’t have continued. If I was in a long term relationship I would need to do something as still a chance at 44 I could fall pregnant, and that shop is well and truly closed. Just now I will just continue to be careful with condoms when I am lucky enough to be having the opportunity lol and hope for the best! "

That pill ruined a family holiday we were on. I bled continously for about a month on it, broke out in terrible acne and felt like bursting into tears every 5 mins. Fucking horrendous.

I'm struggling to get HRT now. Pish being a wummin sometimes!

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I started with Microgynon 30 when I was 15, it helped ease the pain a little. Since then I've had the oral pill, depo injection, 2 merina coils and in October went back on the Depo.

I only changed as when I had my first coil it was great and I had no period for 3yrs, but the 2nd one took about 9 months to settle down and I was sometimes finishing one period and starting again 3 days later.

I've been lucky that I've never had any bad side effects from any of them, although I suspect that for the past few months around the time I would be due I feel a little anxious.

By *eedsanewusernameMan
over a year ago

Mainly under the bed...

[Removed by poster at 09/06/23 15:13:59]

By *eedsanewusernameMan
over a year ago

Mainly under the bed...

From a guys point of view (and I have plenty enough crotch goblins to last forever), contraception during my last relationship was easy.

I got the snip; she never wanted sex.

Saved any embarrassing accidents (though I do tell a couple of my kids they're walking adverts for contraception/were accidents).

And, as was said above, there isn't one pill for all. My ex tried a fair few different methods. They all affected her moods/weight/size/confidence. It was a real case of trial and error to find what worked best for her/us. I say us, as I had to live on the receiving end of the moods/lack of confidence etc.

By *ittlemissbella69Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I had some awful mood swings with contraception and bled constantly with the injection. I made the decision to get sterilised when i was only 30. I had 3 kids at this point and knew i wanted no more. Best decision I ever made

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I had my two kids young, before I was 25 ,we were happy with two, so I got the snip at 28 ,it seemed like the easiest way to deal with the situation

over a year ago

I am on TRT testosterone replacement treatment

This drastically lowers your sperm content and you are warned before starting this life long treatment that you should not go on this if you aim to want children at time of starting or in future years.

By *edonistic.CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I had been on the pill since I was 12 for the reason many young girls are put on them so young...at 23, ended up pregnant on the pill even with taking it perfectly as taking it for over a decade even d*unk or ill it was just second nature to take it at 9pm every night as soon as I came off them during pregnancy, I felt so much better mentally. I opted for the implant 2 weeks after birth, and it did take a good 6 months for it to settle but its so much better mentally for me personally, and now I don't get periods which is a bonus. However I suppose these things work differently for different people, but implant has been the best thing ever. It's just the intital adjustment period that's a bit shitty, but it was worth it for me for 2 and a half years of plain sailing

By *pank-me-harderWoman
over a year ago

close to leven

God I could right an essay on this lol ,so many different contraception I was on the pill but I'm horrendous at taking tablets always forgot.. then I was on the implant and that was great got it 3 times but, then my doctor said I needed a break .. so after a while I went on another pill.and it was actually good no side effect at all, but then I got told last year that I need to change as its not good for my age old lol .. so came of that in November and ive had an horrendous time with bleeding to the fact it wouldn't stop I was so emotionally drained im now on the implant the pill plus other tablets but nothing seems to be helping I'm now booked in on 5th July for an ablasion cannot wait no more periods for me ever I'm a bit nervous but more excited than anything.... sorry if I ranted a little, lol.

By *un-shineWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I had 5 kids by the age of 26, twins being the last pregnancy, sterilised straight after. So iv enjoyed being pumped free of all addatives lol

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I got sterilised after my 2nd child at 31. Menopause started at 41. Think I'm pretty much on the other side now. Life is so much easier not keeping track of a calendar every month

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

What happened to all the research into male contraception? ie, the pill. Thought they were making a breakthrough in its development.

Though, be honest ladies. Would you trust a guy who says, "it's alright, I'm on the pill", ?

over a year ago

Mirena coil all the way! 30% of women get no periods at all. It lasts 5 years, and hormones released locally so less side effects. The most effective contraception is actually implant, 99% effective.

Vasectomy is 1:2000 failure rate, and female sterilisation 1:200!

Best hormone free contraception is copper coil, 99% effective, lasts 10 years but if prone to heavy or painful periods they can be worse.

Also worth remembering only contraception that covers STDs are condoms when used properly!

By *aughty_BBW_69Woman
over a year ago

Livingston

I've got to say I was out on the pill at 13 for my heavy periods. And I continue on that same pill for about 7-8 years then I tryed everything. Patches, depot, other types of pills nothing worked so I had to go back on the pill again but because I was on the bigger side they had to put me on the mini pill and that worked then they must have changed the ingredients as it stopped working.

I then opted for the copper coil best thing I ever did I had a regular period, and I didn't have anything extra added meds going into my body. I would definitely recommend that to anyone. Xx

over a year ago

Thanks for all the responses guys, just remembered to check in and read all your posts.

I often worry though that it’s not good to go so long without a period as it’s natural.

Or that being on the pill for 20 years straight is equally as bad

By *ikergent50Man
over a year ago

bathgate

It’s a normal part of life don’t stop them

over a year ago

"It’s a normal part of life don’t stop them "

It's not quite as simple as that if you have debilitating period pain and are missing a lot of school or work. For some people any potential side effects or risks are worth it if it means being pain free.

over a year ago

"It’s a normal part of life don’t stop them

It's not quite as simple as that if you have debilitating period pain and are missing a lot of school or work. For some people any potential side effects or risks are worth it if it means being pain free."

Absolutely mine were horrendous

Post new Message to Thread