Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Recognised

Jump to newest

By *ohn890 OP   Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Think this topic has been posted before,i was in morrisons yesterday and someone said hello as if we had met before,think it was from here though,So be polite and say hello back or be discreet and ignore others from here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eeflower69Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

If they said hi I would say hi back but if I say someone out and about I'd catch their eye and smile but not say anything unless they did.

By *ohn890 OP   Man
over a year ago

glasgow

yeah just don't want to come across ignorant but plenty would not wish people to say hello to them out and about x

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Someone said hello to me this morning outside central. No idea who she was but seemed to know me so politely smiled & said hello back. If you're with someone you can always make the excuse they obviously mistook you for someone else.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Say hello back and carry on walking.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Jump their bones rite there and then if its a female...or just smile and say hello back

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I have people saying hello to me who have been customers and I even had the girl from the petrol station say hello in asda at the weekend so I always say hi back. It pays to be polite

By *autious CoupleCouple
over a year ago

home

"Jump their bones rite there and then if its a female...or just smile and say hello back "

If it was a couple we would say hello and strike up a conversation ..well you may as well strike when the iron is hot

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Jump their bones rite there and then if its a female...or just smile and say hello back

If it was a couple we would say hello and strike up a conversation ..well you may as well strike when the iron is hot "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if i am on my own or with hubbie, and someone says hi, its only polite to reply, but, if i was with either of my daughters (even tho they know we are 'swingers'. we don't like to rub it in their faces) or someone other than hubbie,i don't think i would.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I'm forever getting people giving me the nod or saying hello due to the job I do ..the lil 1 thinks I know everybody l so if it was a swinger saying hello I wouldnt have a.problem saying hello back no matter who was with me ..i'd just say I know or recognise them from working lol

over a year ago

if they said hello to you id say hello back but wouldnt maybe say hello first incase they didnt wanna get recognised

over a year ago

haha this has just happened 2 me 2 days in a row and my reaction was a smile and then walked on quickly

By *ohnny4playMan
over a year ago

Kinross

Oh. I'd say hello and carry on a whole conversation without knowing who or where I knew the person from. As I often do, as this happens often.

They probably are not from here, but I have no clue how they might know me, so I just hope at some point there is a subtle clue.

Post new Message to Thread