Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

New years gone by

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

The good old days

Steak pie getting cooked, taxi's been booked, Mum getting praise for how good she looked, house had a scrub, there's hunners of grub, your Da getting grief for going to the pub, mushy peas, pieces on tongue and on gammon, Tuc biscuits with cheese and John West salmon, a schemie feast instead of a famine, buns of cherry, currants, and Madeira , we couldn't afford anything dearer, excitement is building the bells getting nearer, there's Smirnoff, Babysham, Whyte and McKay, Bacardi, Gin, and Canada Dry, with mixers supplied by the Alpine Guy, You're allowed a wee Advocatt, or a cheeky wee Shandy, a sly can of beer from Uncle Andy, kissed bang on the lips from all of your Aunties, Stereogramme ready with musical gems, Abba, The Drifters, and Boney M, all getting blasted 33 RPM, now they're all minging, someone starts singing, hoose full of smoke, your eyes are all stinging, they all sing songs that make them greet, Nobody's Child a particular treat, an orphanage song makes all party's upbeat, Wild Side Of Life, Booby McGee, Little Old Wine Drinker Me, Tie A Yellow Ribbon To An Old Oak Tree, only 8 more New Year nights to go, to every Aunty and Uncle you know, brilliant to see all your cousins though, and although at times I make it seem tragic, what I would give for one night of magic, to see all our loved ones would make me ecstatic.

Happy New Year when it comes to you all, and a glass lifted for those not here,may the beautiful memories outshine the tears

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The good old days

Steak pie getting cooked, taxi's been booked, Mum getting praise for how good she looked, house had a scrub, there's hunners of grub, your Da getting grief for going to the pub, mushy peas, pieces on tongue and on gammon, Tuc biscuits with cheese and John West salmon, a schemie feast instead of a famine, buns of cherry, currants, and Madeira , we couldn't afford anything dearer, excitement is building the bells getting nearer, there's Smirnoff, Babysham, Whyte and McKay, Bacardi, Gin, and Canada Dry, with mixers supplied by the Alpine Guy, You're allowed a wee Advocatt, or a cheeky wee Shandy, a sly can of beer from Uncle Andy, kissed bang on the lips from all of your Aunties, Stereogramme ready with musical gems, Abba, The Drifters, and Boney M, all getting blasted 33 RPM, now they're all minging, someone starts singing, hoose full of smoke, your eyes are all stinging, they all sing songs that make them greet, Nobody's Child a particular treat, an orphanage song makes all party's upbeat, Wild Side Of Life, Booby McGee, Little Old Wine Drinker Me, Tie A Yellow Ribbon To An Old Oak Tree, only 8 more New Year nights to go, to every Aunty and Uncle you know, brilliant to see all your cousins though, and although at times I make it seem tragic, what I would give for one night of magic, to see all our loved ones would make me ecstatic.

Happy New Year when it comes to you all, and a glass lifted for those not here,may the beautiful memories outshine the tears "

Happy New Year when it comes x

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Happy new year NMD, all the best for 2023 x

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"The good old days

Happy New Year when it comes to you all, and a glass lifted for those not here,may the beautiful memories outshine the tears "

All the best when it comes , lang mae yer lum reek .

over a year ago

All the best for the new year NMD and everyone else

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Happy new year, you sexy bunch

By *ugyukMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

well written nawty

Happy New Year xx

By *etkenMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Definitely brought memories back Nawty xx

All the best everyone for "23"

over a year ago

"The good old days

Happy New Year when it comes to you all, and a glass lifted for those not here,may the beautiful memories outshine the tears

Happy New Year when it comes x"

same to you

over a year ago

"Happy new year NMD, all the best for 2023 x"
Happy new year Gina hope it’s a good one for you X

over a year ago

"The good old days

All the best when it comes , lang mae yer lum reek . "

Same to you Steph X

over a year ago

"well written nawty

Happy New Year xx"

can’t claim it as my own Fugy but happy new year to you when it comes x

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Happy New Year when cums Miss Nawty and I hope all your wishes come true. X

By *illie99TV/TS
over a year ago

Central Scotland

Ahh those childhood memories, almost to a T.

Have a great New Year all x

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Ah, reminiscing the good old days.

Happy New year all ya cheeky fabbers

over a year ago

"Happy New Year when cums Miss Nawty and I hope all your wishes come true. X"
You too Davie have a good one x

over a year ago

"Ahh those childhood memories, almost to a T.

Have a great New Year all x"

was pretty spot on .

Happy new year x

over a year ago

"Ah, reminiscing the good old days.

Happy New year all ya cheeky fabbers "

happy new year to you too x

over a year ago

These were definitely the good old days, lots of memories.

Happy New Year all when it comes. Best wishes for 2023.

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Wonderful memories!

Lang may yer lum reek

over a year ago

"These were definitely the good old days, lots of memories.

Happy New Year all when it comes. Best wishes for 2023. "

Thank you & you too

over a year ago

"Wonderful memories!

Lang may yer lum reek "

Happy new year when it comes x

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"Happy New Year when cums Miss Nawty and I hope all your wishes come true. XYou too Davie have a good one x "

Thank you. X

over a year ago

Happy days

All the best everyone

over a year ago

What lovely memories.

Happy New Year to you x