Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

whos not doing christmas?

Jump to newest

By *hySoSerious85 OP   Man
over a year ago

Melbourne

Hey guys just curious to see how many of you out there are in the same boat as me, due to my job I usually work through the festive season.

Im not a scrooge, but christmas isnt the same if you live alone and working, so I dont do it at all.

How many of you out there dont do christmas and why?

Happy holidays to those of you who do .

x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Me. Not long out of hospital and ill.

over a year ago

Melbourne

"Me. Not long out of hospital and ill. "

sorry to hear that, get well soon x

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't do Christmas 'cos I don't believe in any of the stuff it's supposed to be about and I have no interest in what it's turned out to be about.

By *URRABULLCouple
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

i aint doing xmas as i am offshore.home on thursday though for new year.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Me. Not long out of hospital and ill. "

Nothing too serious I hope hun

Me I do not do Christmas live on my own so just another day to me all my day will consist of is getting up couple coffee's watch some telly face on dressed go down cemetery come home put dinner in oven and put pj's back on watch more telly

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I don't do Christmas 'cos I don't believe in any of the stuff it's supposed to be about and I have no interest in what it's turned out to be about."
you dont believe in goodwill to all mankind whether you believe in the religeous side or not makes no difference i know plenty of folks from other religons who take part in this happy time of yr come on folks get with the programme

By *eefdoddusCouple
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Mrs Deefs working all day tomorrow so I'll be watching telly all day. We'll be doing our christmas thing on boxing day instead.

over a year ago

Melbourne

"Mrs Deefs working all day tomorrow so I'll be watching telly all day. We'll be doing our christmas thing on boxing day instead.

"

I feel his pain lol

By *exyasMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Yeh me too working thro them too gotta be done not too bothered tho

over a year ago

Im not doing Christmas as such this year. My other posts in forums explain why.

over a year ago

all christmassed up here! Not religious but enjoy the excuse to put up decorations and lights and buy a new outfit and killer heals for the work night out!xx

over a year ago

well I am doing Xmas.... seeing the look on my daughter's face wen she sees how magical Santa is...( priceless ) plus spending time with friends and family is great......

By *lightly temptedMan
over a year ago

coupar angus

not doing xmas, as no family and no-one special in my life right now, so there's really no point

over a year ago

"I don't do Christmas 'cos I don't believe in any of the stuff it's supposed to be about and I have no interest in what it's turned out to be about.you dont believe in goodwill to all mankind whether you believe in the religeous side or not makes no difference i know plenty of folks from other religons who take part in this happy time of yr come on folks get with the programme "

It saddens me that although folk live alone they don't share the festivities with family. Xx

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Xmas is for bairns and Christmas is supposed to be about Jebus christle and not wankySanta and spending money to prove how much you care for folks, why wait till 1 day of the year to spread the love? Everyday should be xmas x

over a year ago

im not doing christmas either ,,i lost my twins on xmas day,,,but wish all a merry chritmas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

over a year ago

Not doing xmas tomorrow will be in Glasgow if anybody knows some good pubs open no far from Argyll St. Doing xmas the 27th when daughter an wee one are back from in laws.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Not doing xmas tomorrow will be in Glasgow if anybody knows some good pubs open no far from Argyll St. Doing xmas the 27th when daughter an wee one are back from in laws."

The city centre end or the Finnieston end?

over a year ago

It's city centre. It's premier inn, Argyll st

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's city centre. It's premier inn, Argyll st"

It's a bit of a pub wilderness around there and in the heart of the red light district.

There's an excellent Italian restaurant just about across the road - Piccolo Mondo.

There's a Wotherspoons bar a couple of hundred yards east of your hotel and the bar in the Radisson can be classy at times.

Beyond that it's worth having a daylight wander round the town and seeing if you like the look of anywhere. There's no shortage of choice.

over a year ago

I'm an atheist so I don't do anything for it I figure there's 800 million Christians who do xmas that leaves 6.2 billion people who don't do do it on earth, I always like going with the crowd lol

over a year ago

Me. Going away to work shortly

By *ig jugsWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Well im not doing xmas this year as it hurts too much.Reminds me of how pathetic my life is with no man,no kids and little friends andf family.Makes me wanna cry the whole day and its just horrible.x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Well im not doing xmas this year as it hurts too much.Reminds me of how pathetic my life is with no man,no kids and little friends andf family.Makes me wanna cry the whole day and its just horrible.x"
your life is only pathetic if you allow it instead of saying no man, say i have no need of a man yet no kids, more reason to have me time and instead of little freinds or family its i have a very select selection of freinds, a positive spin always makes you feel better hope you smile and enjoy yourself when ready

By *strMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

My all family it's in Portugal. I live alone in Scotland so I dont celebrate Xmas.

over a year ago

"Well im not doing xmas this year as it hurts too much.Reminds me of how pathetic my life is with no man,no kids and little friends andf family.Makes me wanna cry the whole day and its just horrible.xyour life is only pathetic if you allow it instead of saying no man, say i have no need of a man yet no kids, more reason to have me time and instead of little freinds or family its i have a very select selection of freinds, a positive spin always makes you feel better hope you smile and enjoy yourself when ready "

Great outlook

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/12/12 12:38:42]

By *unknSoulCouple
over a year ago

Dumfriesish see

Done our christmas at the weekend with kids. Funk working in Edinburgh, im home flicking channels. Will be off to pick Funk up tomorrow and thats when our fun starts. Friends, parties and sex through to the 2nd of jan. Just enjoying the time we have off together and sharing with others . XX

over a year ago

hey man im almost in the ame boat...not working but single and my kids with theier mum and new twat...sorry partner. Decided the best course of action was 2 bottles of champagne for breakfast lol

over a year ago

I'm doing it in the traditional way gave the kids money they bought their own presents no decorations church etc down my friends though got a family/friend get together dinner omg stuffed

Post new Message to Thread