Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

do people from edinburgh..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

..usually go up to Glasgow for their nights out?

visited Edinburgh a few days ago although their was about 3 or 4 gay themed pubs within close proximity of each other.. they all seemed empty and a bit naff.

Just wondering really given the evidence, do gay/bi peeps usually go outside of Edinburgh for their nights out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Glasgow is 10 times better for a night out.

over a year ago

Edinburgh has a few I frequent venues. Tigers, lulus, Liquid rooms.

But glasgow has a host merchant city. and Ashton Lane are my faves.

over a year ago

"Glasgow is 10 times better for a night out."

Hmmm, I can't say I agree with that, Edinburgh is much more civilised for a night out than Glasgow.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Glasgow is 10 times better for a night out.

Hmmm, I can't say I agree with that, Edinburgh is much more civilised for a night out than Glasgow. "

civilised in the sense they wipe meths btl with hanky before drinking ???

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Edinburgh has a few I frequent venues. Tigers, lulus, Liquid rooms.

But glasgow has a host merchant city. and Ashton Lane are my faves. "

that's our two favourite places,for nights out.

plenty for everyone.

over a year ago

Hmmm, I can't say I agree with that, Edinburgh is much more civilised for a night out than Glasgow. civilised in the sense they wipe meths btl with hanky before drinking ???"

Civilised in that the women are not fighting outside a pub at the start of a night out.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Ocht you weren't really fighting was more a warm embrace hee hee

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hmmm, I can't say I agree with that, Edinburgh is much more civilised for a night out than Glasgow. civilised in the sense they wipe meths btl with hanky before drinking ???

Civilised in that the women are not fighting outside a pub at the start of a night out. "

The best cat-fight I've witnessed was in The Canny Man's. Two 'ladies' rugby teams.

By *cotsman76Man
over a year ago

EDINBURGH

look edinburgh might have the architecture;the history;the class;the tourist trade;the festival;the world renound reputation;the parliament and it may also be the capital but when it comes to narcotics/bigotry and sunday afternoon karaoke theres only one place u will find me.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"look edinburgh might have the architecture;the history;the class;the tourist trade;the festival;the world renound reputation;the parliament and it may also be the capital but when it comes to narcotics/bigotry and sunday afternoon karaoke theres only one place u will find me."

Leith?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"look edinburgh might have the architecture;the history;the class;the tourist trade;the festival;the world renound reputation;the parliament and it may also be the capital but when it comes to narcotics/bigotry and sunday afternoon karaoke theres only one place u will find me."
easter road ???

over a year ago

The Merchant City?

over a year ago

"look edinburgh might have the architecture;the history;the class;the tourist trade;the festival;the world renound reputation;the parliament and it may also be the capital but when it comes to narcotics/bigotry and sunday afternoon karaoke theres only one place u will find me.easter road ???"

the penthouse?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

not criticizing Edinburgh, definitely is deserving of it's reputation as a cultured vibrant city with lots of fascinating places of interest..

*but*

found the night life lackluster and deficient in some sort of essential vitality. Every club seemed empty and the bars a bit cliquey.

Glasgow in contrast (driving through the coach looking at it's passing cityscape on the way to edin and back from to the ferry terminal) seemed in to be a bustling modern regenerated city with a skyline that twinkled with lots of new shiny buildings and hummed with a palpable vitality Edinburgh lacked!

Obviously Glasgow has iffy areas.. just curious if do decide to visit it.. places to avoid/ places to visit? ;p

By *utieguyMan
over a year ago

motherwell

Hmmm, I can't say I agree with that, Edinburgh is much more civilised for a night out than Glasgow. civilised in the sense they wipe meths btl with hanky before drinking ???

Civilised in that the women are not fighting outside a pub at the start of a night out. "

Strange as that's what I've seen on my last 2 nights out in Edinburgh

over a year ago

"Edinburgh has a few I frequent venues. Tigers, lulus, Liquid rooms.

But glasgow has a host merchant city. and Ashton Lane are my faves.

that's our two favourite places,for nights out.

plenty for everyone. "

I knew you 2 were classy when I met you both last saturday.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".............

Obviously Glasgow has iffy areas.. just curious if do decide to visit it.. places to avoid/ places to visit? ;p"

If you stick to the city centre you ought to be OK.

No further south than the river, no further east than the High Street, no further north than (roughly) Gt Western Rd and no further west than Byres Rd.

That's not to say there's danger outwith that area but I doubt you'll find any reason to go beyond those 'boundaries'.

over a year ago

I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times for nights out and in my opinion it just does have a look in when it comes to glasgow, much better choice of genes and caters for every need.

over a year ago

To be honest, it's a bit silly to judge a city based on having a wander for one night. Especially since you didn't seem to have much of an idea about where to go. Good fun can be had in both cities.

Neither of them quite compare to the bigger cities down south, mostly because the licencing laws mean everything is closed by the time the rest of the country gets going. (And strangely enough people up here still seem to come out later than their London counterparts.) But there is a vibrant after party scene which lends a special twist to partying in these cities.

Post new Message to Thread