Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Christmas eve traditions !

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

What traditions do u have for Christmas eve ?

What ones did you have but don't do now ?

My tradition every year when the kids were small was on Christmas eve we would spend a whole day watching Christmas films then in the evening we'd go out for dinner and then go to the panto str8 home after that and get kids into bed before Santa came ..I really miss this but they all too old now 17,21and 25 lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *exywheelsCouple
over a year ago

inverness

it is i's birthday, so special meal and lots of drink

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Family time with lil1 n temptress watching Christmas movies and hot chocolate with marshmallows

By *z ThongzWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

christmas music on and peeling tatties for the hordes on christmas day , still do this even although this year is gonna be a quieter affair.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Visit in-laws then Xmas movies before I go to bed early so Santa knws I'm sleeping

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

Usually go to the Christmas eve doo at the church, when i was little my parents used to take us along just kind of kept up the tradition.

By *ompip3Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

When our kids were younger, we used to go to the pictures in afternoon (whatever latest Christmas movie was) then go for nice dinner somewhere, off to Midnight Mass (which started at 9.30?) drive round the Christmas lights, then home and into bed before Santa came!!

The idea was to tire them out so they would go down quickly Most of the time we were soo shattered, we could hardly keep our eyes opened!!

BUT miss those days Nowadays its just a relaxed family meal out at a quiet restaurant.

over a year ago

Wander round the lights at George square....

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Took all kids from street on a fast food crawl along Princes St. Burgers in McDonald's, ice cream in Burger King and finally juice. Now nuffin. Lol

over a year ago

We usually go to my Aunts for a huge family christmas dinner on christmas eve but this year she is on a cruise and not home til late on the 24th

My older kids and I are taking the wee one to Xscape to go sledging and then have dinner with Santa

L xx

By *t115Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm working from 11am till 7pm so I'll just be glad to get home and chill out.

By *earhugs1Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

When our boys were wee we would go out late afternoon to whatever the latest Christmas movie was ( Jack Frost, Jingle all the way, the grinch, Santa Claus the movie - loved them all!). Then food and home. When we got home it was tradition that Santa's elves had come out to check Santa's route and had left them a Christmas book each. Always much excitement about that. So quick bath, into bed and read them their books. Fantastic memories. X

over a year ago

Getting tipsy on mulled wine in front of a roaring log fire...

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Finish wrapping presents

Prepare veg for Christmas Day dinner

Set table

Go to early evening church service with mate

Come home for a couple of glasses of champagne and exchange our presents (with above said mate)

PANIC!!!!!!

Fall into bed

Sleep

over a year ago

Maybe get a take away for dinner watch some telly come onto pc then bed just the same as any other day and night

over a year ago

Watch Rab C. Nesbitt's Seasonal Greet.

over a year ago

christ, this brought back mrmories, when i was a kid my maw and paw used to take the seven of us kids to the pics first thing in the morning followed by a wee panto trip, then to cap a good day off we would travel by bus from wishaw with a bag of chips to the barras for a good christmas eve rummage, then home by bus, by the time we got home we were knackered and rarely got up before 9am on xmas eve, think ma maw and paw had a wee plan to make sure they got a decent nights sleep lol, nowadays its all change, our sonwhos 24 wont get up untill we bring him his pressies on xmas morn lol, the daughter well shes left home and we just sit waiting on here and the grandson to come visit, but this year they are coming to stay on xmas eve so were hopeing to have a ball, its p--h when your old lol, we hope you all have a great xmas and new year, all the best gillian john xxx

over a year ago

We have a nice family dinner, do some prep for the next day, watch a Xmas movie then open 1 present each before going to bed xx

Mrs B

over a year ago

I'm usually working or spend it with family. This year I'm gonna spend the day hiding in bed preparing for work on Christmas Day & try to stay positive despite being disowned by my family xxx

The only positive is that this year I've spent less than £150 & I won't be getting any pressure good or bad back

over a year ago

I always buy the kids new jammies to go to bed in on christmas eve lol xx

By *iverview1Couple
over a year ago

gourock

our kids are 16 and 18 but they still pay for a meal for us on xmas eve, so they can sneak preview ther presents xx

Post new Message to Thread