Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

smokers

Jump to newest

By *hySoSerious85 OP   Man
over a year ago

Melbourne

Hey guys whats the reason behind not meeting smokers, does it vary from person to person or am I being realy stupid and missing something here.

Im trying (but not doing well tbh) to quit, but even if i do should my status remain as smoker or at least mention if im an ex smoker.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

just preference, nothing more

good luck with quitting

By *lash and BunsCouple
over a year ago

Inverclyde

You should try the e-cigs, that's how I quit

By *nTCouple
over a year ago

funland

get the fags out and lets chat about it...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"get the fags out and lets chat about it..."

this fag was out ages ago...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've always thought it's in case you stink of smoke and have fag breathe lol xx

over a year ago

Melbourne

I get that but surely thats solvd from not smoking that day.

I was just going to go cold turkey and quit but might try e-cig. Cheers guys

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It takes much, much longer than a day and it isn't just breath.

Clothes smell too and no amount of washing/ dry-cleaning really gets rid of it.

By *eefdoddusCouple
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

That's pretty much it. Can smell it right away. Ex smokers like me tend to be worse apparently because even the slightest whiff puts me off. Been stopped for over twenty years and remember it was tough but was well worth it. The best of luck with stopping it's one of the best things you could ever do..!

over a year ago

Melbourne

cheers didnt know it stuck to you as bad

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Good luck quitting, it puts me off coz it smells and coz I dont want cancer as I've lost alot of friends and family to smoking related cancer induced deaths

over a year ago

"It takes much, much longer than a day and it isn't just breath.

Clothes smell too and no amount of washing/ dry-cleaning really gets rid of it."

When I was a smoker no one knew apparently I never smelled of smoke at all I never smoked in my house and even as a smoker could always smell it off others straight away

over a year ago

When I was younger and my mum still smoked I could tell if she had been in my room when I was out. Smell was awful. She notices the smell really bad. When she quit she had to air her wardrobes, dry clean her clothes and we redecorated the house. The nicotine marks on the walls were disgusting.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

I have severe asthma and struggle around smoke. Its also just my preference. I have met smokers in the past some have been very considerate and others well not so.....!

over a year ago

"I get that but surely thats solvd from not smoking that day.

I was just going to go cold turkey and quit but might try e-cig. Cheers guys "

look at my post relating to smokers,,,,ffs,,,its a belter,,,,lol

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

some people don't like the smell of smoke.

although to say your clothes still smell of smoke after washing,and dry cleaning,is just shear piffle.

it's ok to put down smokers,but at least make some kind of effort,to keep it credible.

over a year ago

"some people don't like the smell of smoke.

although to say your clothes still smell of smoke after washing,and dry cleaning,is just shear piffle.

it's ok to put down smokers,but at least make some kind of effort,to keep it credible."

over a year ago

Melbourne

"I get that but surely thats solvd from not smoking that day.

I was just going to go cold turkey and quit but might try e-cig. Cheers guys

look at my post relating to smokers,,,,ffs,,,its a belter,,,,lol"

lol where is it?

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

What I have noticed is non smokers tend not to belittle smokers as much as the ex-smokers do ,seems it its the reformed that have the biggest problem with it all ...just my observation over the years

over a year ago

I have never smoked but hate kissing a smoker and smell lingers

over a year ago

"What I have noticed is non smokers tend not to belittle smokers as much as the ex-smokers do ,seems it its the reformed that have the biggest problem with it all ...just my observation over the years "

Yes, I've noticed that as well.

By *andG4moreCouple
over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

Gee will meet smokers when we are at clubs but she does prefer non to be honest as she enjoys a good kissing session with her meets.

Best of luck quitting. put the cash u save into nice bottles of wine to take to ur meets nd that will keep ur mind off the nicotine .

over a year ago

Melbourne

i do enjoy a good kissing session myself, hate the idea something as stupid as a cig is prohibiting that.

xx

By *horstrollMan
over a year ago

Caprona

I dont smoke, yet my clothes will linger with woodsmoke or coal dust. The joys of a fire though.

If you are fussy enough to complain about smokers will you be moaning about their aftershave or shaving balm too

over a year ago

"i do enjoy a good kissing session myself, hate the idea something as stupid as a cig is prohibiting that.

xx"

whoops,,,wasnt my post,,,,lol

over a year ago

A coal fire smells totally different from fags... i wouldnt kiss a smoker nowadays. not even dysney full swap lol

By *eefdoddusCouple
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Yes I would probably agree to an extent. I'm an ex smoker and find the smell quite unpleasant, maybe more than a non smoker maybe. I do think "belittle" is a bit strong though, don't think anyones doing that. Just being honest...!

over a year ago

Yuk yuk yuk!! One of the things I look for on a profile first, but I've met someone before who said they didn't smoke and when he turned up he was reeking if smoke it was not nice, he said he had to say he didnt smoke just for the meet as i wudnt have went otherwise, needless to say tht meet didnt last long. I have a weak tummy and things like that just set it right off, it's people preference and others should respect it

over a year ago

"Yuk yuk yuk!! One of the things I look for on a profile first, but I've met someone before who said they didn't smoke and when he turned up he was reeking if smoke it was not nice, he said he had to say he didnt smoke just for the meet as i wudnt have went otherwise, needless to say tht meet didnt last long. I have a weak tummy and things like that just set it right off, it's people preference and others should respect it "

over a year ago

"A coal fire smells totally different from fags... i wouldnt kiss a smoker nowadays. not even dysney full swap lol "

totally gutted, ah well, time to leave the site. so it turns out the 22/12/12 was the end of our world,,,,,lol kidding

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

IF I was a non smoker (which im not) I wouldnt meet smokers!

I dont blame others for not wanting to meet smokers.....Its their choice..

over a year ago

Melbourne

Thanks for all the differen reasons guys, just gotta hope I can quit for good, never realised at all how much it stuck to you, must not be able to detect it as I smoke, although sometimes I can smell it on others and it does smell like ashtray x

By *anbrCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Yuk yuk yuk!! One of the things I look for on a profile first, but I've met someone before who said they didn't smoke and when he turned up he was reeking if smoke it was not nice, he said he had to say he didnt smoke just for the meet as i wudnt have went otherwise, needless to say tht meet didnt last long. I have a weak tummy and things like that just set it right off, it's people preference and others should respect it

First couple we ever met over 2 years ago were on as non-smokers. we met socially on the Tue and booked a hotel for the Fri afternoon and met in a pub before hand. During this the female had to have a ciggie to calm her nerves (was their first meet too!) which rapidly became 4 before we left the pub! Whilst we still had fun, it almost ruined it for us. It doesnt matter if you stop that day- the black, tar like substance that coats your lungs is where the stench comes from. Medical evidence suggests that it takes 2 weeks at least to clean the worst of it off! We will never find it acceptable, sorry!

"

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Thanks for all the differen reasons guys, just gotta hope I can quit for good, never realised at all how much it stuck to you, must not be able to detect it as I smoke, although sometimes I can smell it on others and it does smell like ashtray x"

Lots of luck re giving up. It can't be easy but it's probably the single best health choice anyone can make.

over a year ago

Melbourne

thats true, i know i smoke more out of habit than enjoyment

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Habit? let's have Nun of that

By *arkchestCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"When I was younger and my mum still smoked I could tell if she had been in my room when I was out. Smell was awful. She notices the smell really bad. When she quit she had to air her wardrobes, dry clean her clothes and we redecorated the house. The nicotine marks on the walls were disgusting."
I can understand that exactly. My mum is an ex smoker now, about a year now after smoking for 60 odd years and although she has had yer nicotine house painted etc when i strip her bed and bring her stuff to my house to wash (shes disabled) i can still smell the smell of fags from her stuff although its not near as bad as it was when she smoked. Seems to linger forever. However on saying that, we have met smokers who are now good friends of ours and although its a preference to meet non smokers i wldnt say no to meeting with smokers as long as they are considerate smokers.

By *anictechCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

Considerate or not, if it lingers that bad? It's best to put "wont meet smokers if your intollerant"

over a year ago

Melbourne

"Habit? let's have Nun of that "

haha sadly true tho,

over a year ago

hiya, got to say gillian and i have followed this post with interest, we are both smokers and have it advertised on our profile, we like to think of ourselfes as sensitive people who would never smoke in front of those who dont or those who kindly invite us to there place if they themselfes do not smoke, we do realise that we STINK of ciggs lol but we do try to cover this up lol we are only human and are addicted lol costly and dangerous we understand however we have issues we dont enjoy ourselfes such as people we invite to our home drugged out of there minds but dont put on there profile they use drugs lol, people who state on there own profile they wont meet smokers but then mail us and say they are WILLING to meet us lol,we wish to god we had the will power to stop smoking as we know only too well how it upsets others and more importantly our grandson who hates the smell,if we could we most certainly would stop, so please dont judge us and please read each profile before you message the lucky people incase they dont or do smoke, many thanks for reading this john and gillian and a very merry xmas to you all and a very very prosperous and happy new year .

over a year ago

Melbourne

"hiya, got to say gillian and i have followed this post with interest, we are both smokers and have it advertised on our profile, we like to think of ourselfes as sensitive people who would never smoke in front of those who dont or those who kindly invite us to there place if they themselfes do not smoke, we do realise that we STINK of ciggs lol but we do try to cover this up lol we are only human and are addicted lol costly and dangerous we understand however we have issues we dont enjoy ourselfes such as people we invite to our home drugged out of there minds but dont put on there profile they use drugs lol, people who state on there own profile they wont meet smokers but then mail us and say they are WILLING to meet us lol,we wish to god we had the will power to stop smoking as we know only too well how it upsets others and more importantly our grandson who hates the smell,if we could we most certainly would stop, so please dont judge us and please read each profile before you message the lucky people incase they dont or do smoke, many thanks for reading this john and gillian and a very merry xmas to you all and a very very prosperous and happy new year . "

couldnt have said it better guys, hats of too you, glad other people have noticed thread,

over a year ago

im a non smoker, don't mind the smell at all if im being honest, i have a fetish for it if anything, but i guess its down too preference, all the best

By *olly Gentle GiantMan
over a year ago

Glenrothes

As an ex-smoker (monthols) (or should I say ex that occasionally relapses)I have no problem meet smokers or non-smokers.

As for reasons why some say non-smokers, its all down the preference and choice but I think there is a perception issue also.

Respecting all _iews, I do think SOME people - repeat SOME - but certainly not all, assume that if you are a smoker, then your puffing on 100s a day.

But like most things in life, some might well be on 100s a day but others might be on only 1 or 2 etc.

Suppose its the same with alcohol. Some might be down a litre of spirits in one night but others only a glass or two of wine.

Same with sex- some do oral, some hand play only, etc etc etc.

Respect all _iews I guess.

over a year ago

"im a non smoker, don't mind the smell at all if im being honest, i have a fetish for it if anything, but i guess its down too preference, all the best "

Next time I get a Bj off a smoker ill give you a shout n you can suck the nicotine off it lol. Joking

Post new Message to Thread