Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Nerves

Jump to newest

By *oShrinkingViolet OP   Woman
over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

So I’m one of these folk that rarely gets really nervous about anything

But my one thing that can set me off is an official exam !!! I know my shit, I’m more than a smart ass I’m like super clued up on this crap

Buuuut the minute I know something is under exam

Conditions I overthink or go completely blank

Exam

In the morning eeek fuk fuk fuk stomach has just fell out my arse

Anyhoo what’s the thing that no matter how much you try always sets your nerves rattling ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Similar here. Exams and meeting a new client. But once under way all is good and plain sailing. You’ll be the same. Once you’re in there you’ll sail through it. Good luck gorgeous. See you at the weekend and you can confirm I was right x

over a year ago

"Similar here. Exams and meeting a new client. But once under way all is good and plain sailing. You’ll be the same. Once you’re in there you’ll sail through it. Good luck gorgeous. See you at the weekend and you can confirm I was right x"

See you Saturday xx polos on hand

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Similar here. Exams and meeting a new client. But once under way all is good and plain sailing. You’ll be the same. Once you’re in there you’ll sail through it. Good luck gorgeous. See you at the weekend and you can confirm I was right x

See you Saturday xx polos on hand "

I prefer a mint humbug nowadays

Lasts longer.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Seeig as I'm naturally a shy, a lot can get my nerves going.

I can hide it when I need to, but it's not a false front I put on to hide it, I simply hide it because it's normally in a situation where someone needs to step-up.

Those that know my current situation, know I'm going through a lot right now, and once I come out the other side, I'll just have to wait and see if I'm still as shy.

Good luck with the exam. Nerves going into them is actually good, as it normally makes you focus a bit more. Going into something like that casual and relaxed is just preparing yourself for failure or a near-pass.

Mandy

By *ngelnfugyCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh/dundee

awrra best Mellie

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When I walk into a new kitchen my stomach fills with butterflies.

I’ve been a chef for 20 years, I know what I’m doing. But when I meet a new team and I start getting ready for service, I’m tense as all hell. Couldn’t get a pin up my ass with a jackhammer.

Once the first check prints, it all goes away and I get right into my element

over a year ago

Public speaking and presentation stuff but I've got better at it recently. I must talk a good game as I've been told I come across as confident....heart is going like the clappers underneath it all though.

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I suffer from imposter syndrome...its worse in my current job as I don't have a clue but boss thinks I'm great

over a year ago

Walking into a busy public place like a pub on my own absolutely frightens the life out of me.

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Exams and public speaking never really bother me, standing over a 4 foot putt, now that's a different matter

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

I hate public speaking and I've had to do it for some quite important people in the past.

I seem to get on ok but it doesn't stop the absolute dread beforehand, to the point of vomiting with anxiety

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

For me it'seetimg new people. I always think I'm going to say the wrong thing and make a complete erse of myself and it has.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"For me it'seetimg new people. I always think I'm going to say the wrong thing and make a complete erse of myself and it has. "

* It's meeting.

over a year ago

"So I’m one of these folk that rarely gets really nervous about anything

But my one thing that can set me off is an official exam !!! I know my shit, I’m more than a smart ass I’m like super clued up on this crap

Exam

Anyhoo what’s the thing that no matter how much you try always sets your nerves rattling ? "

How did your exam go? Hope you absolutely smashed it!!xx

over a year ago

Suffering from PTSD I have mornings when I can’t go out the front door.

As a psychotherapist who counsels other people especially under 25’s you would think it would be easy

Nah if anything that makes me worse and I shut down even more

Trying to get out my bed to go to work can be a nightmare

By *lder for funxxxMan
over a year ago

glasgow

You say to yourself as you walk in the door, I have studied hard for this exam, I know my stuff this will be a doddle but most important read the question correctly and what they are asking for.

Used that technique all my life and worked every time.

over a year ago

"Suffering from PTSD I have mornings when I can’t go out the front door.

As a psychotherapist who counsels other people especially under 25’s you would think it would be easy

Trying to get out my bed to go to work can be a nightmare "

Not PTSD but I do have depression and anxiety and I often feel like this and I give myself such a hard time for it, most folk who have met me are always saying they can’t imagine me being anything else other than outgoing and friendly, occasionally I’ll go to Cjs and find a wee quiet spot and sit most of the night a few of my closer fab friends pick up on when my anxiety is playing up. It’s like two sides of a coin how you’re going to find me.

over a year ago

"So I’m one of these folk that rarely gets really nervous about anything

Exam

Anyhoo what’s the thing that no matter how much you try always sets your nerves rattling ?

How did your exam go? Hope you absolutely smashed it!!xx"

I passed but only got 77% which for some might seem great but I’m a 100% kind of person I spent hours yesterday stressing about the ones I got wrong and scouring through text books to find the stuff that I’d never seen before

over a year ago

"Suffering from PTSD I have mornings when I can’t go out the front door.

Trying to get out my bed to go to work can be a nightmare

Not PTSD but I do have depression and anxiety and I often feel like this and I give myself such a hard time for it, most folk who have met me are always saying they can’t imagine me being anything else other than outgoing and friendly, occasionally I’ll go to Cjs and find a wee quiet spot and sit most of the night a few of my closer fab friends pick up on when my anxiety is playing up. It’s like two sides of a coin how you’re going to find me. "

I know exactly how you feel

Post new Message to Thread