Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Glitterfest 2022

Jump to newest

By *OSCCOSMITH69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow & Edinburgh

Any been to this in the past is it any good?

Believe my work are looking at booking this…

Any descent places to stay near by rather than walking back into town?

Taxis any good?

Seen that afterdark is opening could be a should after it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I thought Paul Gadd was dead...let alone touring again.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

If this is the Party at a Party ting at Murrayfield, then the Trams run past Murrayfield right to the centre of town, and in the oposie direction to where the new After Dark is.

If it is that location, then you'd be best looking for hotels close to the tram lines, as they should be cheaper than any city-centre ones.

Mandy

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Double-post I know, but I've just looked and it's the same thing my work is going to.

The bus service past Murrayfield is also excelent, with certain bus routes making cheaper places like Ratho Station and Newbridge, where there are a few big name hotel chains, an option.

Mandy

By *IGDADDYBEAR69Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"If this is the Party at a Party ting at Murrayfield, then the Trams run past Murrayfield right to the centre of town, and in the oposie direction to where the new After Dark is.

If it is that location, then you'd be best looking for hotels close to the tram lines, as they should be cheaper than any city-centre ones.

I suspect that anything they book will end late midnight or 2/3 am there wont be trams running the surely? What about buses…

I ve looked at the websites and its generic timetables better to get local knowledge

Mandy"

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The 31 and 26 are the most common buses that run past Murrayfield.

However it's not a great distance from the city centre, and a taxi wouldn't be that expensive, espetially if shared with others.

It will be easier for folks to plan stuff once they've booked things, and there will be people there that know the buses etc to help out if required.

Mandy

over a year ago

Wait, what is this glitterfest? And is there lots of glitter involved?

over a year ago

"Wait, what is this glitterfest? And is there lots of glitter involved?"

It all stemmed from a party Elton John had in the 1980s...loads of glitter...

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It used to be called Glitterball, but there were copyright issues, from what I heard, hence the new name of Glitterfest.

It's a big Corporate Party at a Party style thing that Forth One are involved with.

It's a good way to meet other folks outwih your own work environment. I went to my work's one last year and spent more time outside speaking to people from other companies (It wasn't a Glitterfest event).

Mandy

over a year ago

"It used to be called Glitterball, but there were copyright issues, from what I heard, hence the new name of Glitterfest.

It's a big Corporate Party at a Party style thing that Forth One are involved with.

It's a good way to meet other folks outwih your own work environment. I went to my work's one last year and spent more time outside speaking to people from other companies (It wasn't a Glitterfest event).

Mandy"

Ahhhhhhh okkkkk. It sounds like the sort of thing they often put on at the Corn Exchange too. Gave you been to Christmas parties like that where your work books a table and other companies are there too?

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Ahhhhhhh okkkkk. It sounds like the sort of thing they often put on at the Corn Exchange too. Gave you been to Christmas parties like that where your work books a table and other companies are there too?"

Yea, that's exactly the format.

On the Glitterfest website there is info for how to get there.

By *ittlemissbella69Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I went a few years ago and had a fantastic evening. I'm booking it this year for our staff night out. It's boogie from forth1 that does the music

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Given the last few months I've had, I did think about going, but they won't accept any more bookings via my work.

I was told that the best option I have is that someone at my work pulls out and I can get their space.

However that's likely to be a very last-minute thing.

Mandy

Post new Message to Thread