grangemouth

First time

Possibly going with another couple

What should we expect

Also if you see someone you know does that happen often

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

first time also, going along myself and a couple.

haven’t been before.

everyone’s fear, but hey just own it, nod be polite and stay out of their way if you don’t want to chat to them i’d imagine

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"First time

What should we expect

Also if you see someone you know does that happen often "

If you bump into someone you know, then the important thing to remember, is that you're essentially there for the same reason.

People have different ways to tackle it, and I'm a supporter of the "head on" method, as I feel there's no reason to pussy-foot around things.

Others prefer the "avoid" method in that that avoid any chat with the person/people and wait and see how things go afterwards. As in messages from them here, or on other mediums.

The most important thing though for when you go is to just relax and enjoy yourself. Be friendly and chatty, but as a couple with potential friends going along with them, you'll have an extra level of support. Just don't keep to yourselves.

Also if you see a Pre-CJ's meetup, it may be worthwhile going along to that to get to know others in truly neutral surroundings.

Mandy

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I'd also say it's important to discuss your boundaries beforehand. Obviously it's important to go over these regularly anyway, but clubs are very different to private meets so you need to ensure that you're both on the same page before you even get there.

Once there, Caroline will show you around. Be friendly and approachable, don't drink too much (which can happen with nerves) and have no expectations and you'll get on fine

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"First time

What should we expect

Also if you see someone you know does that happen often "

It's a lovely social environment downstairs, people don't play downstairs, just s regular kind of club but with some scantily glad people. Upstairs are the play rooms...you'll get a tour when you arrive. Be clear what you want..theres no pressure to play. If you do want to play, often you can get that vibe from the person downstairs...I like when they just ask "you want to go upstairs".

By *he couple nextdoor OP   Couple
over a year ago

grangemouth

Thank you

We definitely want to try it

We spoke about going with another couple

See what happens

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman
over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales