Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Warning about photos

Jump to newest

By *tarburst babydoll OP   Man
over a year ago

Dingwall

This I found quite creepy but carried on chatting to find out how he knew these things. It seems that he found my Facebook page through doing a reverse image search on one of my photos which was also on Facebook.

It doesn't bother me that much as I have face pics on my profile but just posting this as a warWhile speaking to someone through massages on here that I didn't know and was from the other end of the country I was shocked that he knew my name and where I worked. Also things like where I had been on holiday.ning to others.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irsten.LWoman
over a year ago

around the corner from you

Oh my that's actually pretty creepy I don't know why anyone would want to do things like this anyways..but thanks for the heads up

By *D67Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Jees....what a weirdo. Didnt even know you could do that with a photo!

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

One reason I keep my Facebook account locked

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"This I found quite creepy but carried on chatting to find out how he knew these things. It seems that he found my Facebook page through doing a reverse image search on one of my photos which was also on Facebook.

It doesn't bother me that much as I have face pics on my profile but just posting this as a warWhile speaking to someone through massages on here that I didn't know and was from the other end of the country I was shocked that he knew my name and where I worked. Also things like where I had been on holiday.ning to others."

I thought this was well known on here !

Use your filters on Facebook the same as on here so that only friends you have on Facebook can see what you post

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m forever having women hunt me down on Facebook.

By *IGDADDYBEAR69Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

Reverse image searching is really common but it a general tool to folks on here so i ve seen… specifically those looking to be a creep or too prove that photos are fake etc…

As for the facebook thing… thats been common since the days of myspace… use to be that facebook and the like would connect through your mobile number… so you dont need to know anything about a person except for there number… but gladly facebook and others have upped there security game and its pretty hard to find most folk on there if they dont want to be found and keep there swinging life and real life seperate….

But on the OPs note i would update your security on social meet but i would also think about contacting police cyper crime unit because what that persons done is cyper stalk you…

By *tarburst babydoll OP   Man
over a year ago

Dingwall

"

But on the OPs note i would update your security on social meet but i would also think about contacting police cyper crime unit because what that persons done is cyper stalk you…"

I have changed my settings now on Facebook. Going to the police is not an option, if they were charged and pled not guilty I would have to appear in court

By *hrobbermanMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

People are frighteningly lax and lay themselves open.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's why I never have or ever will send photos. Not even of my little toe

By *IGDADDYBEAR69Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"That's why I never have or ever will send photos. Not even of my little toe "

Your light toes on facebook lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Scary stuff.

I often think it would be useful to have a 'safe space' on FAB where females only (or males) could alert / warn others of alarming/ creepy behaviour.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"That's why I never have or ever will send photos. Not even of my little toe

Your light toes on facebook lol "

It has 300 friends

Post new Message to Thread