By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has this ever been done ?

And would you go to one if it did ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ess JinksWoman
over a year ago

West coast

That's a fun idea! I've not been to a Social yet - is that not much the same idea? If a little more subtle?

over a year ago

Nor have I so I'm not sure, think it would at least give everyone a chance to talk to all involved, where maybe at a social they might not get that chance for whatever reason, to shy , fear of rejection etc

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

This is a great idea

Guys - Can you squirt

Girl - No

Guy - Next

over a year ago

"This is a great idea

Guys - Can you squirt

Girl - No

Guy - Next "

Need to leave that question late , be a 3min date lol

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I’m sure this has been done and think it was a good night by all accounts, think it was maybe Falcon that arranged it

The socials are really good if you fancy going to one, the organisers are all really good at including everyone so nobody seems to be left out.

Someone usually arranges pre drinks beforehand which is a good way to start chatting to people before the actual social and is company walking in.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I’m sure this has been done and think it was a good night by all accounts, think it was maybe Falcon that arranged it

The socials are really good if you fancy going to one, the organisers are all really good at including everyone so nobody seems to be left out.

Someone usually arranges pre drinks beforehand which is a good way to start chatting to people before the actual social and is company walking in. "

What if people are nervous about the pre drinks. Do they do a pre social pre social

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I’m sure this has been done and think it was a good night by all accounts, think it was maybe Falcon that arranged it

Someone usually arranges pre drinks beforehand which is a good way to start chatting to people before the actual social and is company walking in. "

You’re right, Cadbury. It has been done.

By *ide em cowgirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This sounds like fun.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m in … who’s next !

over a year ago

"FAF?"

"No".

"Next".

By *reyw01fMan
over a year ago

Hamilton

Not seen it. Done at any of the socials. I went to down south.. But would have been a great ice breaker.. Personally I just chip in. And some how end up in the conversation flow but have seen all m f even couples. And alternatives. Sat on their own. Not knowing how to. To say hello or what *protocols * to follow so try to at lest say hi.so they don't feel left out

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple
over a year ago

HereAndThere

"This is a great idea

Guys - Can you squirt

Girl - No

Guy - Next "

Maybe have a wristband with different colours so you don’t need to ask that question,

And the Men can wear gloves so not to show the wedding Rings

By *idKnightMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Imagine all the rainbow wristbands you'd need for everyone in here

over a year ago

I like it, yes we would go

Mrs

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I can’t take the credit for this one. Cherub organised it and it was a lot of fun. I have done a singles night at Valentine’s before.

If there’s interest I’m sure I can coax Cherub into organising another one.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Someone usually arranges pre drinks beforehand which is a good way to start chatting to people before the actual social and is company walking in.

What if people are nervous about the pre drinks. Do they do a pre social pre social "

I’ve actually arranged to meet people at the door if they’re nervous. It can be nerve wracking.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman
over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Yes it’s been done a few times at social events and is usually a bit of a hoot more than anything

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman
over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

What if people are nervous about the pre drinks. Do they do a pre social pre social "

One to one coffee meet and accompany folk along to the pre drinks

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’d be interested in this possibly

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

The Birmingham socials ‘up the brum’ do the first hour where it’s speed dating…I did it when I went and it was really fun and a great way to introduce folk

By *lbie6Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I would go

Post new Message to Thread