By *bwgirlygirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please "

It’s a pile of shite. Most people that have it on their profile won’t know what it’s about. They think it safeguards them from being outed to the public.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The Swingers equivalent of this:

https://youtu.be/Cn6kEsloMdE

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please "

About a decade ago a classics professor was writing a book about ancient Rome, part of the book compared modern sex lives with myths about Roman orgies and he came on to fab to ask people if they would take part in his research (anonymously)

Folk got paranoid that he was here stealing their info and they would get outed, they thought that disclaimer would protect them.

Ps. He is no longer here as the book was published years ago.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please

About a decade ago a classics professor was writing a book about ancient Rome, part of the book compared modern sex lives with myths about Roman orgies and he came on to fab to ask people if they would take part in his research (anonymously)

Folk got paranoid that he was here stealing their info and they would get outed, they thought that disclaimer would protect them.

Ps. He is no longer here as the book was published years ago."

Well done RN. This is why we keep you here!

By *bwgirlygirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The Swingers equivalent of this:

https://youtu.be/Cn6kEsloMdE"

The A team?

over a year ago

"The Swingers equivalent of this:

https://youtu.be/Cn6kEsloMdE

The A team?"

“It’s a pile of shite. Most people that have it on their profile won’t know what it’s about.” - So accurate. Hi

Was maybe relevant 20 years ago.

Send Sydney Uni an email.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

means nothing just a stupid thing people post on their profiles .

over a year ago

"I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please means nothing just a stupid thing people post on their profiles .

"

Could it be a thing that stupid people post on their profiles?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I've seen this a lot on profiles. Can someone please explain this to me please means nothing just a stupid thing people post on their profiles .

Could it be a thing that stupid people post on their profiles? "

Absolutely !

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

Should be something that gets removed from profiles as its absolutely pointless. Even more pointless when you see the profiles that say "i think we all need this on our profile" Can't wait for the first court case related to fab about stolen pics

By *exy wife and her CuckCouple
over a year ago

Angus

This is actually written on the fab FaQ page....

"We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers. Please remove it if you have it on your profile. If you're worried about privacy please set your account to be hidden from non-registered users on your privacy page (this also hides it from search engines but may take a week or two to drop out of search) and remove the notice (and encourage others to do likewise).

Common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you or that you don't want to become public! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile that people might see or "Google".

Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example."

Pointless nonsense

D

over a year ago

It's a load of tosh, anyone that thinks it's gonna stop people using their pictures are dilutional. Sheep following sheep springs to mind .

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sidney University is the name of a man on here who steals pictures. It’s nothing to do with an educational body.

I know you’re reading this Sid, and I’m on to you!!!!

By *itty Jack SparrowMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Same as the publicly traded entity shite

over a year ago

"Sidney University is the name of a man on here who steals pictures. It’s nothing to do with an educational body.

I know you’re reading this Sid, and I’m on to you!!!!"

Nooooooooo!!!

You’ll never stop me,All your pics belong to me!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/03/22 18:57:20]

Post new Message to Thread