Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Winks

Jump to newest

By *pank-me-harder OP   Woman
over a year ago

close to leven

Am I the only.one that doesn't really look at winks think.they are pointless ...if you like the look send a message get chatting ..unless someone has a different look on this lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple
over a year ago

HereAndThere

over a year ago

close to leven

""

Trust you eh

By *ide em cowgirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Haha never look at winks or friend requests. Don't see the point when they can message if they like what they see.

over a year ago

close to leven

"Haha never look at winks or friend requests. Don't see the point when they can message if they like what they see. "

Spot on.never add friends unless I know or have met

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think they serve a purpose, what if your too shy so like to send a wink to catch there attention in hopes they message you.

I've literally had someone message saying "I winked at you weeks ago, what's taken you so long to message"

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

Well when you get profiles saying that they are swamped with messages,they serve a purpose as you can spend ages writing a nice message which gets ignored so might as well wink to get ignored

over a year ago

Depends who it's from. If a winker catches my eye I might wink back. The ball's in their court then.

By *byeguysCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Paisley

"Depends who it's from. If a winker catches my eye I might wink back. The ball's in their court then. "

Pretty much this. If someone winks us and we like them, we’ll wink them back to show interest. It’s up to them at that point to message. Mostly because I hate typing out awkward first messages

over a year ago

I suppose you could look at winks as a way of saying “I like you, care to take a look at my profile” but if I like a profile I’ll always send a message rather than a wink…..it just seems so much more personal.

By *otwifedundeeWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I never look at winks, I just delete them. Send a message.

over a year ago

close to leven

Fair enough but I just think they are pointless .. and to say.be shy on a sex site shouldn't be on it then in my opinion .. just send a message lol

over a year ago

I winked someone yesterday and also messaged them on kik so they knew which profile mine was if they wished to check me out.

She replied in kik and then proceeded to lecture me in how "tacky and childish" it was to send a wink. Not the response I expected to be honest.

I explained that I saw a wink as a virtual knock on the door, and if the wink was responded to then that virtual door was open to chat and whatever followed. She didn't agree and ended saying I was too old anyway (she was only 4yrs younger than me).

I see a wink as a shortcut, as I say above, a virtual knock on the door. The majority of women on fab are swamped with messages, is winking not an easy way to filter the chaff from the wheat for them?

over a year ago

"Fair enough but I just think they are pointless .. and to say.be shy on a sex site shouldn't be on it then in my opinion .. just send a message lol "

You can still have interests on swinging and be shy, that doesn't mean you should be excluded if you're not bursting with confidence, maybe it's there 1st time?

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I think winks serve a purpose on fab. It lets people gently approach others without having to go through the hassle of trying to compose a first message that s_ands out from all the others. If the wink is reciprocated then they can message with a bit more confidence

That said if you are going to wink at someone you have to make sure your profile is appealing for a person to want to make a connection with you - winks from a blank profile are pointless (to me)

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

I dont pay all that much attention to them to be honest. I dont mind them and if the profile catches me eye i might wink back, the onus is on them to follow up with a message...

If they dont message but kerp winking then i just file under timewaster/fantasist and ignore from then on.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

However. The wink from a blank profile

What the fuck are you supposed to do with that?

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

"However. The wink from a blank profile

What the fuck are you supposed to do with that? "

Same as you do with unsolicited friends requests.

Ignore.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

Ignore.

"

Ah the good old unsolicited friend request, they often end up in a block. Especially if they're stupid enough to do it more than once

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman
over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"Haha never look at winks or friend requests. Don't see the point when they can message if they like what they see.

Spot on.never add friends unless I know or have met"

I don’t really add friends tbh your my friend I really don’t wanna see your fanny or your cock or anything else that’s just a no from me lol I’ve had a few friends I’ve just had to remove because I can’t be dealing with some of the pics lol

Winks occasionally I’ll send one it’s an appreciation of a good profile but I don’t think there would necessarily be any scope for a meet or chit chat but it’s like a compliment to me

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

Ignore.

Ah the good old unsolicited friend request, they often end up in a block. Especially if they're stupid enough to do it more than once "

I don't even bothee, it twists their melon that wee bit more.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

The wink from a hidden profile though.

Thats a paticular favourite of mine

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

I'm a fan of winks I personally think it's an ice breaker

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Depends who it's from. If a winker catches my eye I might wink back. The ball's in their court then.

Pretty much this. If someone winks us and we like them, we’ll wink them back to show interest. It’s up to them at that point to message. Mostly because I hate typing out awkward first messages "

Same here. That dreaded first message

I also sometimes put winkers on my hotlist with the intention to message if they don't x

over a year ago

I'm so glad I sent Mr a wink when we had single profiles

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Personally I like winks

over a year ago

close to leven

Cheers all good to get different people views on them xx

over a year ago

If I was a guy I'd wink instead of message.

If someone's interested they will at the very least wink back.

over a year ago

There are lots of tools the site provides to enable the exciting experience of Fab

Winks are one, some will use, some won’t but it’s nice to have all the options

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/03/22 04:41:18]

over a year ago

"If I was a guy I'd wink instead of message.

If someone's interested they will at the very least wink back."

You've just been winked

over a year ago

"Well when you get profiles saying that they are swamped with messages,they serve a purpose as you can spend ages writing a nice message which gets ignored so might as well wink to get ignored "

This

Often spend a good bit of effort sending a well thought out mail to profiles that seek such and their chat …..

By *ide em cowgirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Well when you get profiles saying that they are swamped with messages,they serve a purpose as you can spend ages writing a nice message which gets ignored so might as well wink to get ignored

This

Often spend a good bit of effort sending a well thought out mail to profiles that seek such and their chat ….. "

This is so true.Sending a wink because you think they are getting lots of messages is pointless as that person probs has at least double the amount of winks to go through. Message is the only way to get a clear answer plus a wink takes no thought or effort. Much rather a rambling message about nothing in particular lol

over a year ago

I enjoy a wink

over a year ago

"I enjoy a wink "

Winking at you

over a year ago

"I enjoy a wink

Winking at you"

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"Fair enough but I just think they are pointless .. and to say.be shy on a sex site shouldn't be on it then in my opinion .. just send a message lol

You can still have interests on swinging and be shy, that doesn't mean you should be excluded if you're not bursting with confidence, maybe it's there 1st time? "

Absolutely

over a year ago

I use the winks and check mine. I don’t see the point in spending all the time writing first messages to fems and couples for them to be sat in amongst 30 odd other pm’s from guys, be ignored or bulk deleted.

Wink, if they see it and wink back then there’s more chances of the time being better spent

over a year ago

I'm buzzin to get a cheeky wink

over a year ago

I have had 2 winks this last month, I think I have peaked

Post new Message to Thread