Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

After 8

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What was your experience of After 8, in Edinburgh, please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *melia DominaTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"What was your experience of After 8, in Edinburgh, please? "

After8 is officially closed.

A new multifunctional venue is due to open in Edinburgh. Date of opening has not been advised yet.

This venue will include both bdsm and swinging events and will bring the after8 name back, I believe.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

TY

By *sadiscreteguyMan
over a year ago

scotland

Any other clubs open atm in Edinburgh. Visiting next month

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No comment

By *ibliosWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"After8 is officially closed.

A new multifunctional venue is due to open in Edinburgh. Date of opening has not been advised yet.

This venue will include both bdsm and swinging events and will bring the after8 name back, I believe. "

The premises for the new venue have fallen through so unlikely to be anything in Edinburgh for the foreseeable future.

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

This venue will include both bdsm and swinging events and will bring the after8 name back, I believe.

The premises for the new venue have fallen through so unlikely to be anything in Edinburgh for the foreseeable future."

Ah that's a shame.

By *ornyguy9120Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

The premises for the new venue have fallen through so unlikely to be anything in Edinburgh for the foreseeable future."

That's shit news

over a year ago

FFS

By *r humanMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Love every mins was great club great staff and regular and new comers was member for near 11 years evey night was different sad news not found new premises hopefully new after eight club might open 2022 have wait and see

By *untimes8Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

just to let everyone know we have been let down yet again and the building we thought we had has fell though but we are now looking for a new one, if anyone knows of a building that would suit please let us know, thanks and take care xxx

By *itznBobz2018Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"just to let everyone know we have been let down yet again and the building we thought we had has fell though but we are now looking for a new one, if anyone knows of a building that would suit please let us know, thanks and take care xxx"

Totally gutted for you. Fingers crossed you find something soon.

By *akeheelsTV/TS
over a year ago

dalkeith

That's such a shame, it most be very frustrating for you. What sort of premises are you looking for?

over a year ago

"just to let everyone know we have been let down yet again and the building we thought we had has fell though but we are now looking for a new one, if anyone knows of a building that would suit please let us know, thanks and take care xxx"

Sry to hear that guys. Good luck with your search.

By *ennyjMan
over a year ago

falkirk

Hope you get something sorted in the not too distant future

over a year ago

Does the building need to be in the city

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

"What was your experience of After 8, in Edinburgh, please? "

Horrible, freezing cold, dirty, bitchy cliques, no maintenance done to the facilities at all, far too expensive for what you got, if we wanted to pay money to sit in squalor we would have paid to go to a cattery

Staff were not in the least bit interested in newbies to the club or explaining things to them

Such a shame Scotland doesn't have a decent and entertaining club that's actually worth visiting

Cjs is every bit as bad if not worse than after8 was

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"What was your experience of After 8, in Edinburgh, please?

Horrible, freezing cold, dirty, bitchy cliques, no maintenance done to the facilities at all, far too expensive for what you got, if we wanted to pay money to sit in squalor we would have paid to go to a cattery

Staff were not in the least bit interested in newbies to the club or explaining things to them

Such a shame Scotland doesn't have a decent and entertaining club that's actually worth visiting

"

Ouch!

over a year ago

Double ouch! I think you'll find that CJ's is streets ahead of After 8. There really is no comparison

over a year ago

"

Bitter?

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"

One common denominator for two completely different clubs.

By *itznBobz2018Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

We have visited both after 8 and cjs on a number of times. We have never had a bad night in either of them. Yes after 8 was a smaller venue but that made it more intimate and easier to talk to everyone that attended. We would have went back without a second thought if it was still open

By *erryandjuneCouple
over a year ago

Livingston

Plenty of empty units in West lothian. Not edinburgh but pretty central. Suppose its possible that when the landlord find out what the use is for they stop the lease. Still a bit of a stigma I guess. Even though everyone is at it (or wants to be) behind closed doors.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

The poison is oozing out of someone

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

Each to their own, and we tell everyone to try them as their experience may be different than ours, maybe we have just been spoiled by the clubs down south and on the continent

But upon each visit to both after8 and cjs (yes, we gave them more than 3 chances each) our experience was exactly the same each time

No for those of you that would like to have a go at us for our honest answer to the op question, please grow up, seriously, the comments are laughable, just because our standards may be different than yours or our experience of the venues may differ, doesn't give you carte Blanche for personal attacks or digs

Just another reminder of how exactly awful and full of venom the scottish part of this forum is

Much like the cliques we encountered at the clubs, who knew

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Each to their own, and we tell everyone to try them as their experience may be different than ours, maybe we have just been spoiled by the clubs down south and on the continent

But upon each visit to both after8 and cjs (yes, we gave them more than 3 chances each) our experience was exactly the same each time

No for those of you that would like to have a go at us for our honest answer to the op question, please grow up, seriously, the comments are laughable, just because our standards may be different than yours or our experience of the venues may differ, doesn't give you carte Blanche for personal attacks or digs

Just another reminder of how exactly awful and full of venom the scottish part of this forum is

"

Yet you are happy to add to vitriol with your response.

By *mmixtapeCouple
over a year ago

middle earth

"Each to their own, and we tell everyone to try them as their experience may be different than ours, maybe we have just been spoiled by the clubs down south and on the continent

"

yeah, there's a lot of that same clique mentality on the forums unfortunately! We love cjs, never attended after 8's. I completely agree about cliqueyness and it's honestly refreshing to hear someone speak their mind on the subject.

By *avdunsMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"

Take note folks....these guys are experts lol....I love how they had to drag CJ's into the reply too. The best bit though...'freezing cold' ....awww poor you , boo hoo

By *eefdoddusCouple
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

We were occasional attenders over the years and always enjoyed our visits. The decor and furnishings were definitely getting a little tired by the end but we always found the "staff" to be friendly and helpful.

We're not youngsters anymore but always found someone to chat to and when we decided, we fancied a play, always found someone to play with and have never left feeling unsatisfied.

For us it was always about being among others of a similar outlook and being able to chat freely without feeling judged. It was an easy trip, for us, to Edinburgh and back. We've always wanted to try CJs but it's just that bit further away.

Fingers crossed that another premises are found soon and hope everyone involved is aware how much we appreciate their efforts.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I only went once, and it wasn't what I'd fully expected, but they'd done the best they could with the size of the place. As Edinburgh is expensive, space is limited.

Like others have said, the staff were friendly and that can help a place a lot.

I always intended to go again, but life and work got in the way.

Mandy

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

"

Oh I’m sure their comments will have earned them a place on the block list of a few people.

I think most people on the Scottish forum like to have a bit of banter and we are entitled to voice our opinions. There’s no need for some of their comments.

By *cottishMrsWoman
over a year ago

Wishaw

"

Doesn't give you carte blanche, yet the most vile comments I've read on here have been from yourselves.

I've attended both After8, and CJs. I much prefer CJs. Everyone is really friendly, even when I went without my husband, I was never made to feel excluded. After8 just wasn't my cup of tea, it was very quiet the night we went, there wasn't much ambience, and there were a few occasions we were made to feel a bit uncomfortable by other guests.

And, maybe you have been spoiled by other clubs, but you didn't have to be so rude. Considering you're asking people not to be so rude to you, I really think you need to take your own advice.

I hope whatever has put you in such a vile mood is better soon, and you feel good. Happy thoughts, and happy Fabbing

over a year ago

"

Sry to hear you had such a bad time , not once but 6 times . You sound like you really hated it.

Then on realising they were so bad you surely left reviews of both venues to warn others. Oops just checked, you never left a review of either venue.

I gotta laugh when you mention you maybe have higher standards than others and that may be the reality of it, then I read you like to use the Jakuzzis in a club and though neither Scottish club has a warm cum bath that would have perhaps enhanced your visits. Higher standards right enough.

over a year ago

Oh I’m sure their comments will have earned them a place on the block list of a few people.

I think most people on the Scottish forum like to have a bit of banter and we are entitled to voice our opinions. There’s no need for some of their comments.

"

Funnily enough the couple in question have blocked me. Don't understand their reasoning behind that, considering couples can't message me anyway

By *ohnThomas1Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

I agree, the after 8 was worse and the manager was exclusive and power hungry to the point of being sexually abusive to attractive new women, putting them off sex and all in the name of "jolly good humor"

By *cottishMrsWoman
over a year ago

Wishaw

Funnily enough the couple in question have blocked me. Don't understand their reasoning behind that, considering couples can't message me anyway "

No, I think their account must have been reported because it came up saying I was blocked too, but I hadn't commented yet. That message also comes up if they're being reviewed xx

over a year ago

Funnily enough the couple in question have blocked me. Don't understand their reasoning behind that, considering couples can't message me anyway

No, I think their account must have been reported because it came up saying I was blocked too, but I hadn't commented yet. That message also comes up if they're being reviewed xx"

x

By *uesttosoulMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Well this post escalated quickly lol

over a year ago

No, I think their account must have been reported because it came up saying I was blocked too, but I hadn't commented yet. That message also comes up if they're being reviewed xx"

Or maybe they ain't looking for women and filtered you out. Why should their account be reported simply for passing on their opinions, while I disagree with what they said their still entitled to say it. By the way their profile is and has been available and viewable the whole time and still is.

over a year ago

No, I think their account must have been reported because it came up saying I was blocked too, but I hadn't commented yet. That message also comes up if they're being reviewed xx

Or maybe they ain't looking for women and filtered you out. Why should their account be reported simply for passing on their opinions, while I disagree with what they said their still entitled to say it. By the way their profile is and has been available and viewable the whole time and still is. "

Doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'm not looking for or have any interest in couples anyway x

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

Our point has been proven perfectly in the responses to a very honest review of a place we have been to, a venue, not a person, a business that we paid entry for, not a person, yet all the replies are personal to us for not agreeing with YOUR views on a business, not a person

And just to clarify, most of you are blocked because we are simply not compatible, either you're smokers, don't meet bi men or shock, just not what we find attractive, blocking cuts down the time wasting, nothing personal as we are sure those who don't call us vile etc etc are lovely, just not what we or you are looking for

Let's see now if you can be adults and quit the same bullshit personal attacks

Although I doubt it very much because as we said, the cliques just don't get it

over a year ago

"Our point has been proven perfectly in the responses to a very honest review of a place we have been to, a venue, not a person, a business that we paid entry for, not a person, yet all the replies are personal to us for not agreeing with YOUR views on a business, not a person

And just to clarify, most of you are blocked because we are simply not compatible, either you're smokers, don't meet bi men or shock, just not what we find attractive, blocking cuts down the time wasting, nothing personal as we are sure those who don't call us vile etc etc are lovely, just not what we or you are looking for

Although I doubt it very much because as we said, the cliques just don't get it "

Having visited neither establishment, I can't comment. Just wanted to say your "cattery" comment had me howling.

By *uncouple3636Couple
over a year ago

Dundee

Whoa this thread too a turn didn't it?

over a year ago

"Whoa this thread too a turn didn't it?"

Yip and some of us said hardly anything at all

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"Our point has been proven perfectly in the responses to a very honest review of a place we have been to, a venue, not a person, a business that we paid entry for, not a person, yet all the replies are personal to us for not agreeing with YOUR views on a business, not a person

Although I doubt it very much because as we said, the cliques just don't get it "

I'm curious to this "cliques" thing.

So if you have attended the club in the past or have a difference in opinion from yourselves, does that put you in the clique you speak of?

By *ir-and-switchCouple
over a year ago

bathgate

"

I'm curious to this "cliques" thing.

So if you have attended the club in the past or have a difference in opinion from yourselves, does that put you in the clique you speak of?

"

We must be in a new clique as everytime we have went to after8 its always been a good night, we would talk to alot of varied groups and not just a small selection, yeah we understand it wasn't for everyone but it was what you made it and what was available

By *urplequeenWoman
over a year ago

Fife

Having went as a single woman on my own, with a FWB and with a male friend with no benefits, i have only ever found After8 and the people in it to be friendly and welcoming.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm curious to this "cliques" thing.

So if you have attended the club in the past or have a difference in opinion from yourselves, does that put you in the clique you speak of?"

The thing I've always found is that cliques are often confused with groups of friends who are busy chatting and catching up.

Only time I've ever seen cliques have been on proper nights out, and find that most people in clubs are friendly and welcoming. After all they're mostly there for the same reasons as yourself.

By *avdunsMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Ouch....all these toys getting thrown out the pram is a pain.....

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere over there

The thing I've always found is that cliques are often confused with groups of friends who are busy chatting and catching up.

Only time I've ever seen cliques have been on proper nights out, and find that most people in clubs are friendly and welcoming. After all they're mostly there for the same reasons as yourself."

That’s what I’m always mindful of-that ppl think we’re being ‘clique’ and excluding folk when actually just chatting & catching up with friends-that’s why we tend to be separate on the night so we get to make the effort to talk to new folk if we can.

Millie x

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

Only time I've ever seen cliques have been on proper nights out, and find that most people in clubs are friendly and welcoming. After all they're mostly there for the same reasons as yourself."

People talking and chatting etc are exactly that

People staying completely silent when others walk in and then start talking about the way they are dressed and starting to bitch about them with sentences starting with the obligatory "apparently"

Not a nice word from those corners of the rooms

You know, the cliques

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Interesting thread this is turning out to be. I have a place in Fife that I visit periodically, and the after 8 was something that I had given consideration to. I did have one club experience in Brighton where my lady friend and I only played with each other because, the place itself left much to be desired. I won't bore you with the details, but it left us feeling that clubs are only as good as their operators. On balance there seems to be be more positive than negative, so if a new venue does happen, I think it could be well worth a look.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Had some brilliant nights at after8. Gutted their venue fell through, was looking forward to going back. Hopefully they'll find something else soon x

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

Only time I've ever seen cliques have been on proper nights out, and find that most people in clubs are friendly and welcoming. After all they're mostly there for the same reasons as yourself.

People talking and chatting etc are exactly that

People staying completely silent when others walk in and then start talking about the way they are dressed and starting to bitch about them with sentences starting with the obligatory "apparently"

Not a nice word from those corners of the rooms

You know, the cliques"

The two times we attended it was like any other club.

We wouldn't play with anyone we didn't fancy, so there is no point striking up conversations with randoms.

Yes politeness is used with a few words followed by no thanks, but as we all know people handle rejection in different ways.

By *ertiebassettMan
over a year ago

Greenock The Tail Of Bank

"

Don't hold back let it out, say what you really mean...lol

By *iveshowcouple2Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Only had one visit to After 8. It wasn't the most positive.

One oap was so desperate to get next to my wife he literally body checked me out of the way. He was a skinny old bigger who spoke like an English aristocrat. Couldn't believe he had the strength!!

Anyway rather than get involved in a brawl we left.

To be fair we didn't hold it against the club and always half intended to go back but I guess the numbers tell.

One visit to After 8. Ten plus to Cjs.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Only had one visit to After 8. It wasn't the most positive.

One oap was so desperate to get next to my wife he literally body checked me out of the way. He was a skinny old bigger who spoke like an English aristocrat. Couldn't believe he had the strength!!

To be fair we didn't hold it against the club and always half intended to go back but I guess the numbers tell.

One visit to After 8. Ten plus to Cjs."

Can only take 1 dickhead to ruin your night x

By *iveshowcouple2Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Only had one visit to After 8. It wasn't the most positive.

One visit to After 8. Ten plus to Cjs.

Can only take 1 dickhead to ruin your night x"

That's true. Although in this case the old boy was more amusing than anything else.

Separating him from my wife was like trying to get an overly amorous puppy off a leg.

over a year ago

Been to after8, 3 maybe 4 times. Personally got on really well, met a few nice people and enjoyed the experience a lot. Hope it opens up again, miss the place

By *horman11Man
over a year ago

Thurso

By *e libertineMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Treated like a king one week when i visited as a couple , next week treated like shite when i visited as a single male

Post new Message to Thread