Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Tayside Dogging

Jump to newest

By *inkmoon4 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

I thought id post something here thats been on my mind for the past couple of weeks at least. This is my first post although I have been a member for some time now.

It is really on the subject of the demise of dogging. I have been dogging fairly regular in the past 8 years and have noticed a decline in participation. As an analyst I like to look in depth at these things and seek reasons. In the past, wind rain and snow has not kept people away but over the past few months the dissapearance of some regulars has puzzled me.

I understand that not all doggers and swingers participate on a regular basis. One couple I know only do this a few times a year. The main question is - has the internet caused the decline?

I know that outdoor sex is not everyones cup of tea here. There are many dimensions of interest. I am really posting here to get other's thoughts on this and perhaps some of you can point me in the direction of locations which are active on this front. Another question - is it more difficult for single guys than couples on this field? My experience shows little difference since I became single again.

Answers on a postcard.

Johnny

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

problem is dogging is talked about on sites like this to openly and police have found all the spots people use and busted them....also others spot them too and spoil them.

Also saftey is a big issue...you dont know who anyone is, you have no background on them atall .....not safe in todays society again this has had an issue.

Thats my thoughts anyways !

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"........

I understand that not all doggers and swingers participate on a regular basis. One couple I know only do this a few times a year. The main question is - has the internet caused the decline?

........."

The internet and media attention following high profile exposes were the cause of the upturn in interest in dogging amongst wannabees. It was never going to last but I don't think its weather related.

The arrival of sites like Fab has made it easier for people to arrange to meet like minded others in what many will see as safer and more comfortable surroundings for example.

Dedicated doggers, singles and couples are still out there but are being understandably more discreet about locations etc. Some who'd wish to go dogging aren't prepared to put in the tyre work to suss out the whens and wheres.

Singles guys v couples? Both are a neccessary part of the scene. Without single guys watching/ participating a couple shagging in a car is just a couple shagging in a car. Without a couple shagging in a car a single guy having a wank in a carpark is just a case of indecent exposure awaiting arrest

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/10/09 16:59:16]

over a year ago

"........

The internet and media attention following high profile exposes were the cause of the upturn in interest in dogging amongst wannabees. It was never going to last but I don't think its weather related.

The arrival of sites like Fab has made it easier for people to arrange to meet like minded others in what many will see as safer and more comfortable surroundings for example.

Dedicated doggers, singles and couples are still out there but are being understandably more discreet about locations etc. Some who'd wish to go dogging aren't prepared to put in the tyre work to suss out the whens and wheres.

Singles guys v couples? Both are a neccessary part of the scene. Without single guys watching/ participating a couple shagging in a car is just a couple shagging in a car. Without a couple shagging in a car a single guy having a wank in a carpark is just a case of indecent exposure awaiting arrest "

good points and well said !

By *inkmoon4 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

"problem is dogging is talked about on sites like this to openly and police have found all the spots people use and busted them....also others spot them too and spoil them.

Also saftey is a big issue...you dont know who anyone is, you have no background on them atall .....not safe in todays society again this has had an issue.

Thats my thoughts anyways !"

I agree, people ruin this fun activity by publicising where and when things are going down. In my experience the police do nothing as long as youre not caught with your trousers down. My understanding is that it is not illegal to be parked in a public place and the police can do nothing unless your car is not on the road legally.

I like to meet up with couples and move to somewhere that is not common for dogging.

With regard to the safety issue, i can only draw from my own experience. All the couples and guys I have met and spoken to have been nice. The single guys outweigh the couples and it does cause congestion at times. I understand the element of risk involved, I see that as part of the thrill myself. It's more of the boredom of waiting that bothers me. I am quite fussy too so that narrows the options also.

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"...

I like to meet up with couples and move to somewhere that is not common for dogging.

........"

At the risk of repeating myself - that isn't dogging, it's outdoor sex. Nothing wrong with outdoor sex but don't confuse it with dogging.

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

" ..........

With regard to the safety issue, i can only draw from my own experience. All the couples and guys I have met and spoken to have been nice. The single guys outweigh the couples and it does cause congestion at times. I understand the element of risk involved, I see that as part of the thrill myself. It's more of the boredom of waiting that bothers me. I am quite fussy too so that narrows the options also."

It's only a few years since a guy was murdered at a dogging site outside Glasgow. He was a straight guy looking for hetty fun and he fell foul of a bunch of gaybashing young neds. He was also a retired polis. Strathclyde's finest have never forgotten.

As for boredom - that's an inevitable part of dogging.

By *inkmoon4 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

" ..........

With regard to the safety issue, i can only draw from my own experience. All the couples and guys I have met and spoken to have been nice. The single guys outweigh the couples and it does cause congestion at times. I understand the element of risk involved, I see that as part of the thrill myself. It's more of the boredom of waiting that bothers me. I am quite fussy too so that narrows the options also.

It's only a few years since a guy was murdered at a dogging site outside Glasgow. He was a straight guy looking for hetty fun and he fell foul of a bunch of gaybashing young neds. He was also a retired polis. Strathclyde's finest have never forgotten.

As for boredom - that's an inevitable part of dogging. "

Jeez Jim I was not aware of this. I have heard stories of stones being thrown at cars in this area but nothing as severe as this. This type of risk is of no thrill to me. I keep to a few ground rules when out and about. I stay in the car until I know for sure that fun is on the cards. I can imagine strathclyde police are a lot heavier than the tayside branch. You have highlighted a danger that I, and am sure others will take on board.

Post new Message to Thread