Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Wolf of Wall Street

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I watched it but wasn't overly impressed by it x

By *bostCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Brilliant movie. So many top drawer performances

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

Great movie. It does go on a bit too long. But around excellent movie.

By *tagVixenAngusCouple
over a year ago

Dundee area

One of my favorite films!

over a year ago

Yeah I loved it!

over a year ago

Cracking movie. Margot Robbie is a very dreamy lady.

over a year ago

"Cracking movie. Margot Robbie is a very dreamy lady. "

Wasn't gonna say, but yeah loved it purely for margot Robbie, not even ashamed

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

All the guys seem to love this movie????

I wonder how much we actually like the movie or do we just remember the Margot Robbie scenes.

over a year ago

"Cracking movie. Margot Robbie is a very dreamy lady.

Wasn't gonna say, but yeah loved it purely for margot Robbie, not even ashamed"

She's God's gift to men haha.

over a year ago

Was good not a bad performance but they definitely toned it down and that’s saying something

Watch a couple off podcast with the real jordan belfort

And the story’s he tells and says the movie is even toned down

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

"Was good not a bad performance but they definitely toned it down and that’s saying something

Watch a couple off podcast with the real jordan

belfort

And the story’s he tells and says the movie is even toned down "

I don't doubt it.

He seemed to be the very definition of wild.

over a year ago

"Was good not a bad performance but they definitely toned it down and that’s saying something

Watch a couple off podcast with the real jordan

belfort

And the story’s he tells and says the movie is even toned down

I don't doubt it.

He seemed to be the very definition of wild. "

Yes back in they days

By *dinburghBLTMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Brilliant film

over a year ago

Yeah the amount of times I've put the film on and not got to the end of it

"Great movie. It does go on a bit too long. But around excellent movie.

"

By *ighlandguy1000Man
over a year ago

Inverness

Great film

over a year ago

I watched it once quite some time ago now and I really enjoyed it

By *mytheeMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Watched it once...thought it was crap..watched it again and thought it was brilliant! Lol... that guy must have been mental!

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

"Yeah the amount of times I've put the film on and not got to the end of it

Great movie. It does go on a bit too long. But around excellent movie.

"

But I can't think of any bits which could easily be cut out

over a year ago

"Has anyone watched this and and loved it? "
Great film, went to the cinema to see this and loved it, but like so many others, just wasn't as good second time around at home

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

Absolute screamer of a movie! How Di Caprio never got on Oscar for that I’ll never know. Such a laugh.

What was your thoughts on it?

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

Was a good film.

Margot Robbie

By *orl1971Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Was a good film.

Margot Robbie "

Margot Robbie allegedly insisted on doing the nude scenes although the directors said she could wear a robe.

She said her character used her body as ‘currency’ so it was essential she was nude to drive home that point. Not arguing

over a year ago

Absolutely love it, his acting is superb, plays the quite newbie very week at the start when gets his first wall street job, the scene with Mathew McConaughey is fantastic, was disappointed Mathew wasn't in the film for longer. Took me years to watch it as I thight it a film about trading sounded boring, ha ha how wrong was I
"Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

Absolute screamer of a movie! How Di Caprio never got on Oscar for that I’ll never know. Such a laugh.

What was your thoughts on it?"

over a year ago

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is incorrect, she used a body double, it was me ha ha ha ha ha oh I wish

"Was a good film.

Margot Robbie

Margot Robbie allegedly insisted on doing the nude scenes although the directors said she could wear a robe.

She said her character used her body as ‘currency’ so it was essential she was nude to drive home that point. Not arguing "

over a year ago

Probably sounds creepy here but her skin is just so perfect
"Was a good film.

Margot Robbie "

over a year ago

I find this can happen the other way round too, I love horrors but seen 28 days later in the cinema and couldn't stand it, couldn't find anything to watch about a year after and ended up putting it on and loved it.

Horrors though are generally much better in the cinema.

"Has anyone watched this and and loved it? Great film, went to the cinema to see this and loved it, but like so many others, just wasn't as good second time around at home "

over a year ago

Same here, could have been made a 2 parter perhaps, not sure if that would work either though.

"

But I can't think of any bits which could easily be cut out "

over a year ago

This is it toned down, bloody hell. That was some life to lead, a bit full on for me but can see the appeal.

Watch a couple off podcast with the real jordan belfort

And the story’s he tells and says the movie is even toned down "

over a year ago

Being Scorsese it’s long but an excellent watch

Here’s an interesting fact for you though;

Matthew McConnaghy’s chest beating scene in the restaurant was totally improvised. He was doing a vocal warm up. That’s why Di Caprio looks at the camera as if to say wtf? They decided to keep it in

Definitely the third most memorable scene in the film

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

"Absolutely love it, his acting is superb, plays the quite newbie very week at the start when gets his first wall street job, the scene with Mathew McConaughey is fantastic, was disappointed Mathew wasn't in the film for longer. Took me years to watch it as I thight it a film about trading sounded boring, ha ha how wrong was I Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

What was your thoughts on it?"

American Psych is worth a watch too.. set in the same kind era as WOWS, but a completely different storyline, and it’s nothing to do with trading either

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

"Absolutely love it, his acting is superb, plays the quite newbie very week at the start when gets his first wall street job, the scene with Mathew McConaughey is fantastic, was disappointed Mathew wasn't in the film for longer. Took me years to watch it as I thight it a film about trading sounded boring, ha ha how wrong was I Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

American Psych is worth a watch too.. set in the same kind era as WOWS, but a completely different storyline, and it’s nothing to do with trading either "

Apologies… American Psycho

over a year ago

Thank you I love wee facts like this

"Being Scorsese it’s long but an excellent watch

Matthew McConnaghy’s chest beating scene in the restaurant was totally improvised. He was doing a vocal warm up. That’s why Di Caprio looks at the camera as if to say wtf? They decided to keep it in

Definitely the third most memorable scene in the film "

over a year ago

I've seen American phscho a few times, watched it last summer actually. Brilliant film and another brilliant actor, might watch the machinist again actually not seen that in years. He really put his body through it for that part.

American Psych is worth a watch too.. set in the same kind era as WOWS, but a completely different storyline, and it’s nothing to do with trading either

Apologies… American Psycho "

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I've seen American phscho a few times, watched it last summer actually. Brilliant film and another brilliant actor, might watch the machinist again actually not seen that in years. He really put his body through it for that part.

Absolutely love it, his acting is superb, plays the quite newbie very week at the start when gets his first wall street job, the scene with Mathew McConaughey is fantastic, was disappointed Mathew wasn't in the film for longer. Took me years to watch it as I thight it a film about trading sounded boring, ha ha how wrong was I Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

A few years back a lad I know turned up to a screening of American psycho, in character, see through raincoat and carrying an axe.

over a year ago

One of my favourite film, Di Caprio is simply amazing in that

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

"I've seen American phscho a few times, watched it last summer actually. Brilliant film and another brilliant actor, might watch the machinist again actually not seen that in years. He really put his body through it for that part.

Absolutely love it, his acting is superb, plays the quite newbie very week at the start when gets his first wall street job, the scene with Mathew McConaughey is fantastic, was disappointed Mathew wasn't in the film for longer. Took me years to watch it as I thight it a film about trading sounded boring, ha ha how wrong was I Has anyone watched this and and loved it?

The machinist is outstanding as well!!! Bit of a head f**k but still outstanding nonetheless.

By *S_CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Near Leeds

Thought this was an excellent film.

By *assy LassieWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I've tried to watch this one about 5 times and never got to the end of it

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I loved Wolf on Wall Street. It was apparently common behaviour within the industry in London as well. Had a colleague who worked in London at the time

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

Apologies… American Psycho

I've tried to watch this one about 5 times and never got to the end of it"

I just watched it (again) a couple of nights ago on sky. I get why you wouldn’t see it through but you should try…. Some right good twists.

over a year ago

I bet they have a few stories to tell

"I loved Wolf on Wall Street. It was apparently common behaviour within the industry in London as well. Had a colleague who worked in London at the time "

over a year ago

"Thank you I love wee facts like this

Being Scorsese it’s long but an excellent watch

Definitely the third most memorable scene in the film "

So do I. I have a look on imdb for interesting ones like this

over a year ago

One of my favourite movies.

By *4Fun11Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s on my list to watch

over a year ago

It's along one, don't do as I do and watch it drinking and get to pissed to finish it ha ha

"It’s on my list to watch "

over a year ago

"

So do I. I have a look on imdb for interesting ones like this "

I used to look at that all the time but forgot about it, maybe bacause I rarely watch new films now, too tired and impatient and can't concentrate on a new story line (in other words have kids and getting auld ha ha)

By *bostCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Has anyone watched The Big Short. Cracking film and has the added bonus of Margot Robbie in a bubble bath explaining the financial crisis. Superb story.

over a year ago

Great film..from rock bottom to riches. Great story..

over a year ago

Great film,De Caprio is a brilliant actor.

By *othardandfreeMan
over a year ago

Dundee

I read the book first before the film was made..there was a lot more about the fallout and rehab he had to go through.

Theres always a comedown at the end of any wild ride.

Almost made it through the post without mentioning Margot Robbie...dam.

Post new Message to Thread