over a year ago

Glasgow ish

"Come on Denmark "

Whoop whoop x

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s childish and pathetic to want England to lose !!!

That’s why I’m supporting Denmark !

Reply privately

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Na don't get it, 18 months of shite and thier team has given them something to shout about.

If only it was is?

May the best team win.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And if course if Scotland were still in the fans and the media here wouldn't be speaking about it at all

So what if people who've been under the cloud of Covid for 18 months are making the most of a team they support doing well.

Takes someone very bitter to criticise that.

Reply privately

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

It’s never been home and in the unlikely event it finds its way ... they didn’t beat Scotland

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"And if course if Scotland were still in the fans and the media here wouldn't be speaking about it at all

So what if people who've been under the cloud of Covid for 18 months are making the most of a team they support doing well.

Takes someone very bitter to criticise that. "

Totally agree.

Reply privately

By *lair101TV/TS
over a year ago

Aberdeen, westhill

yeah..to Denmark or Italy

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck England

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm half English and even I want them to lose. The media is unbearable as it is. Still remember the England world cup mars bar adverts being shown constantly on BBC "Scotland". Haha...ma sides.

Reply privately

By *o72Man
over a year ago

glasgow & London

[Removed by poster at 07/07/21 17:08:59]

Reply privately

By *o72Man
over a year ago

glasgow & London

"And if course if Scotland were still in the fans and the media here wouldn't be speaking about it at all

Takes someone very bitter to criticise that. "

Agree totally

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I'm half English and even I want them to lose. The media is unbearable as it is. Still remember the England world cup mars bar adverts being shown constantly on BBC "Scotland". Haha...ma sides."

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I'm half English and even I want them to lose. The media is unbearable as it is. Still remember the England world cup mars bar adverts being shown constantly on BBC "Scotland". Haha...ma sides."

So because of the media you want your country to lose. Shame on you. Surely you are man enough to ignore?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm half English and even I want them to lose. The media is unbearable as it is. Still remember the England world cup mars bar adverts being shown constantly on BBC "Scotland". Haha...ma sides.

So because of the media you want your country to lose. Shame on you. Surely you are man enough to ignore?."

I enjoy my mixed heritage blue but it's not just the media. The UK as a whole has only ever been England and the "other parts". We're still hearing about Dunkirk and '66. I can't take anymore lol.

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I'm half English and even I want them to lose. The media is unbearable as it is. Still remember the England world cup mars bar adverts being shown constantly on BBC "Scotland". Haha...ma sides.

So because of the media you want your country to lose. Shame on you. Surely you are man enough to ignore?.

I enjoy my mixed heritage blue but it's not just the media. The UK as a whole has only ever been England and the "other parts". We're still hearing about Dunkirk and '66. I can't take anymore lol."

Well I live for today and not for the past. The world would be a better place if we all did the same.

Reply privately

By *bostCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

We’re supporting Denmark, not because we are anti-English, because of the whole story behind their tournament.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I enjoy my mixed heritage blue but it's not just the media. The UK as a whole has only ever been England and the "other parts". We're still hearing about Dunkirk and '66. I can't take anymore lol.

Well I live for today and not for the past. The world would be a better place if we all did the same."

I've picked my side but good luck tonight blue.

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Well I live for today and not for the past. The world would be a better place if we all did the same.

I've picked my side but good luck tonight blue. "

Thank you. May the best team win and always remember it is only a game. Some you win, and some you lose.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We’re supporting Denmark, not because we are anti-English, because of the whole story behind their tournament. "

This I like how they came together as a team at the beginning and how they've been very understated throughout.

Im not Not supporting England however the media have really spoilt the atmosphere for me. All they talk about is how England is going to win the cup...if they do then well done and the best team won. However, they've never let us all watch the other games in peace without it being the centre piece of the discussions.

As for 'Its coming home', England (nor any of the home nations) have ever won it so it can't be coming home

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We’re supporting Denmark, not because we are anti-English, because of the whole story behind their tournament.

This I like how they came together as a team at the beginning and how they've been very understated throughout.

Im not Not supporting England however the media have really spoilt the atmosphere for me. All they talk about is how England is going to win the cup...if they do then well done and the best team won. However, they've never let us all watch the other games in peace without it being the centre piece of the discussions.

As for 'Its coming home', England (nor any of the home nations) have ever won it so it can't be coming home "

When you buy groceries don't you take them home, despite them never being in your house before?

A newborn baby 'comes home' from the hospital?

If the lyrics mentioning it returning or coming home again then fair enough. Otherwise the song simply means they expect to bring it to the owners home (England) not the awards home.

Football songs in general are annoying...hardly going to win Ivor Novello's

Reply privately

over a year ago

All pathetic replies in this forum so many bitter twisted jocks..look at your own pathetic team !!

Reply privately

By *olcanoJoeMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"All pathetic replies in this forum so many bitter twisted jocks..look at your own pathetic team !!"

Haha - thanks for your measured contribution Dan

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"All pathetic replies in this forum so many bitter twisted jocks..look at your own pathetic team !!"
is that also not a pathetic bitter statement?

It's a game of football and folk are supporting their team big deal good luck to England they have put in the work consistently over the years and will deserve the win if they get it.

Hopefully (though I fear not) the English media will not milk that cow for decades I have English friends who even cringe at the constant 66 mentions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very much so !! Thanks for your need to reply x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All pathetic replies in this forum so many bitter twisted jocks..look at your own pathetic team !!is that also not a pathetic bitter statement?

It's a game of football and folk are supporting their team big deal good luck to England they have put in the work consistently over the years and will deserve the win if they get it.

Hopefully (though I fear not) the English media will not milk that cow for decades I have English friends who even cringe at the constant 66 mentions. "

I do agree

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Very much so !! Thanks for your need to reply x "
as long as your happy being that bitter twisted guy alls coolio

Reply privately

By *olcanoJoeMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Very much so !! Thanks for your need to reply x "

I only felt it was right to reply to a post which made me laugh. In this case the unintended, and likely unperceived, irony got a chuckle

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great.. sure you been chuckling for last 45 years.

Reply privately

By *olcanoJoeMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Great.. sure you been chuckling for last 45 years.

"

Nope, but I have had another laugh just now... I'm 39 mate

Reply privately

over a year ago

No doubt... You nothing to shout about in 39 years or previous 39 years

Reply privately

By *indfkdWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I know nothing about the current game as I avoid it as much as possible, it was fun to see Scotland back in a major tournament, I havent been interested since the 90s the game today is nothing like it used to be

Do I care if England, win lose or draw, not really

Its the arrogance of a Country that makes me nauseous, a decent debate on the good and bad points of a team is whats required from the pundits, not building them up for a great fall, if they win, they played the best on the night will I lose sleep over it, no

But .... I really do not want to hear about it for the next 40 years and that song is sooooo annoying

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's Go EnGERland

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s never been home and in the unlikely event it finds its way ... they didn’t beat Scotland "

You mean like when england won the world cup? ......

Reply privately

By *indfkdWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"It’s never been home and in the unlikely event it finds its way ... they didn’t beat Scotland

You mean like when england won the world cup? ......"

What !!!! When did that happen? damn you would think they would be shouting about it from the rooftops

Reply privately

over a year ago

No matter if England beat scotland or not..they r in the final. Tournament football

Reply privately

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Split household here so one of us will be happy on sun... Me

K

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feel sorry for Denmark. They did so well to get this far. Come on Italy! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Feel sorry for Denmark. They did so well to get this far. Come on Italy! X"

Any team but England eh ?? Bitter jock

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Feel sorry for Denmark. They did so well to get this far. Come on Italy! X

Any team but England eh ?? Bitter jock"

Seems like you're having a go at everyone tonight

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Feel sorry for Denmark. They did so well to get this far. Come on Italy! X"

They did play well but did not win.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Feel sorry for Denmark. They did so well to get this far. Come on Italy! X

They did play well but did not win. "

I know as I watched the last half. Shame x

Reply privately

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

BBC or ITV cmon Scotland let’s put limekar shearer et al in their place Has to be ITV

Reply privately