Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

New guy seeking fab advice.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi folks,

I'm new to fab, had to wait a few weeks until I was allowed to use the forum but looks like my sentence is finally up.

I've tried to spice my profile up a bit. Looking to meet women even if just for a few quiet drinks and a chat n see how it goes, feedback is more than welcome. I've spoke to a couple of interesting ladies so far so I'm hopeful someone will take me haha!

If anyone could fill me in on the major do's and don'ts when using the site that would be great.

Apart from that how you all doing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi folks,

I'm new to fab, had to wait a few weeks until I was allowed to use the forum but looks like my sentence is finally up.

I've tried to spice my profile up a bit. Looking to meet women even if just for a few quiet drinks and a chat n see how it goes, feedback is more than welcome. I've spoke to a couple of interesting ladies so far so I'm hopeful someone will take me haha!

If anyone could fill me in on the major do's and don'ts when using the site that would be great.

Apart from that how you all doing? "

Overall it's not too bad a profile!

My biggest do I would always suggest is read the profile before you even consider messaging someone. And try and make messages more interesting than "hi hows you"

Good luck xx

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

My biggest do I would always suggest is read the profile before you even consider messaging someone. And try and make messages more interesting than "hi hows you"

Good luck xx"

It's the chat I'm struggling with most if I'm honest. I'm a lot better in person, most messages sit unread and when I do get a reply the response is often very dry giving me very little to try and build with but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the advice! xx

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

I'd love some feedback on my profile too. Honestly, I would.

G

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Hi folks,

Good luck xx

It's the chat I'm struggling with most if I'm honest. I'm a lot better in person, most messages sit unread and when I do get a reply the response is often very dry giving me very little to try and build with but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the advice! xx"

When you are messaging someone try to choose something from their profile that you can refer to. Shows you’ve read her profile and hopefully gives you a jumping off point to start a conversation. Good luck

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Good luck xx

It's the chat I'm struggling with most if I'm honest. I'm a lot better in person, most messages sit unread and when I do get a reply the response is often very dry giving me very little to try and build with but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the advice! xx

When you are messaging someone try to choose something from their profile that you can refer to. Shows you’ve read her profile and hopefully gives you a jumping off point to start a conversation. Good luck "

Cheers regina. I'm used to using dating apps where anymore than a "hi how are you" to start with is considered a bit much. Nice to be on a site where the ladies are looking for more expression tbh. It's going a lot better now. Thanks for your help!

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Apart from that how you all doing? "

I'd ditch your 1st paragraph.

Your very young looking for your age so that cld be a stumbling block..if you are indeed what you say you are.

Other than that your pics are good.

Good luck

over a year ago

"I'd love some feedback on my profile too. Honestly, I would.

G"

I'd ditch the I don't bite quote.too cheesy lol.

Fine apart from that.

Good luck

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Apart from that how you all doing? I'd ditch your 1st paragraph.

Your very young looking for your age so that cld be a stumbling block..if you are indeed what you say you are.

Good luck "

Okay doke that's it gone. I know I've been told I've got a baby face. I'm attracted to older women and I've had a few offers but none want to be seen with me in public and going straight to someones house before a social meet doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm going to have a tough time on here I think, really appreciate your help though!

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Hi folks,

Good luck

Okay doke that's it gone. I know I've been told I've got a baby face. I'm attracted to older women and I've had a few offers but none want to be seen with me in public and going straight to someones house before a social meet doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm going to have a tough time on here I think, really appreciate your help though! "

Grow a beard, it’ll add some years till your face catches up!

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Hi folks,

Good luck

Okay doke that's it gone. I know I've been told I've got a baby face. I'm attracted to older women and I've had a few offers but none want to be seen with me in public and going straight to someones house before a social meet doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm going to have a tough time on here I think, really appreciate your help though!

Grow a beard, it’ll add some years till your face catches up! "

Got the beard?

Now what

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Hi folks,

Good luck

Got the beard?

Now what "

You better send me a picture then!

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Good luck

Grow a beard, it’ll add some years till your face catches up! "

I've tried, it's absolutely tragic haha and I'm halfway to 30.

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Good luck

Got the beard?

Now what "

Can I have a loan of it? Haha!

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Hi folks,

Good luck

I've tried, it's absolutely tragic haha and I'm halfway to 30. "

You are 15?

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Your user name may put people off. Maybe you are enthusiastic about fitness but many are not so maybe feel as if you judge them.

over a year ago

"Hi folks,

Good luck

I've tried, it's absolutely tragic haha and I'm halfway to 30.

You are 15? "

29 and 6 months I meant but I realise how stupid that post is now. I'm an absolute spud delete delete delete haha.

over a year ago

"Your user name may put people off. Maybe you are enthusiastic about fitness but many are not so maybe feel as if you judge them."

Fitness is just something I'm really passionate about blue. I agree it could put some off but it's who I am. I'm actually sapiosexual which is why I prefer older women, always more sophisticated and better conversationists.

Post new Message to Thread