Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

chat ban

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

while its good that people get banned from the chat , they are invisible in the room and can still see what is being said, surly a ban should be total

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

YEA KATYS HUN A BAN SHOULD BE A BAN AN SO SHOULD THERE ISP ADDRESS 2 SHOULD BE BAN 2 I THINK xx

over a year ago

Totally agree - whats the point in banning from room then allowing them to view the chat - u cant sit in a bar not drinking if u have been banned??????

By *umboarderMan
over a year ago

east lothian

can I ask why people get banned from chatroom ? Is it for being rude ? offensive ? etc

over a year ago

maybe its because the chat rooms dont actually belong to the site or are hosted by the site? then again maybe not lol

over a year ago

"can I ask why people get banned from chatroom ? Is it for being rude ? offensive ? etc"

could be number of things from rude and offensive to generally not following the rules ie directing after being told not to (in non-directing room of course lol) to posting addresses in chat or spamming!!!! if ppl followed the rules chat would be a better place for all x

over a year ago

I agree.... where would we without Rules?

FRANCE.... thats where! lol

By *arryandlilCouple
over a year ago

scunthorpe

yes and were would we be with too many rules???

thats right germany lol

oh fuck thats were i am lol

larry

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"while its good that people get banned from the chat , they are invisible in the room and can still see what is being said, surly a ban should be total "

is that true?? that doesnt make any sense to me. especially when someone gets banned, ppl usually talk about them! lol. thats a bit sneaky if they can still hide in the corner so to speak.

over a year ago

It's true Aimee, I know someone who was banned, was still able to watch all convos in the room, and was constantly texting and ringing us saying what he knew etc. from chat and it creeped me out.

By *ightyRaithFanMan
over a year ago

Bay Area

the problem with banning from he chatroom is in my case anyway... i got banned for apparently looking under 18 when i was on cam !!

and ive emailed admin many a time asking to be unbanned as i have photo id to prove my age but they havent yet got back to me, which is slightly annoying to say the least. as because of this im missing out on a large part fo the site for which there is no reason for me to be missing out on!!

over a year ago

"the problem with banning from he chatroom is in my case anyway... i got banned for apparently looking under 18 when i was on cam !!

and ive emailed admin many a time asking to be unbanned as i have photo id to prove my age but they havent yet got back to me, which is slightly annoying to say the least. as because of this im missing out on a large part fo the site for which there is no reason for me to be missing out on!!

"

there is a good reason you were banned and that is because lilnlarry and ourselves were not 100% sure you were over 18! that reason in itself is reason enuff!

By *ightyRaithFanMan
over a year ago

Bay Area

well the problem with that is that i have enough id to prove my age, i have i think at the moment at least 3 forms of photo id which prove im 18!

which is why if you see it from my point of view its slightly annoying

over a year ago

Better to be safe than sorry

Kazz

over a year ago

"the problem with banning from he chatroom is in my case anyway... i got banned for apparently looking under 18 when i was on cam !!

there is a good reason you were banned and that is because lilnlarry and ourselves were not 100% sure you were over 18! that reason in itself is reason enuff!"

I'm sure you all do a great job in there, although you would never ban someone from a club for being under 18 without asking them to prove otherwise first? however what is worring is that if you thought he was under 18 why was it just chat he was banned from and not the whole site until he proved otherwise.

over a year ago

i cannot ban a member from the whole site....thats why only from the chatroom....and he was asked for id in wish he couldnt provide at that time...and yes if we have any inclination that someone is under 18 we do ban....we prefere to be on the safe side when it comes to age as it is a sensitive subject.

over a year ago

"i cannot ban a member from the whole site....thats why only from the chatroom....and he was asked for id in wish he couldnt provide at that time...and yes if we have any inclination that someone is under 18 we do ban....we prefere to be on the safe side when it comes to age as it is a sensitive subject."

I understand that, and think that you did the right thing, was just more concerned that if he actually was a minor, that he still had full access to the rest of the site.

over a year ago

well hopefully himself and admin will sort the issue out soon.

over a year ago

ffs jo am 48 lol lol

over a year ago

To expand the OPs point further:

Do we know whether these banned but invisible people have the ability to view cams ?

over a year ago

BTW - Hello Scotland

over a year ago

a ban should be a total ban x

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"yes if we have any inclination that someone is under 18 we do ban....we prefere to be on the safe side when it comes to age as it is a sensitive subject."

this is where the part about still being able to view chat doesnt work - if someone was to be banned for being underage. it really doesnt make much difference cos they can still see everything!??

over a year ago

i notice that banned people are still able to view the chat, , surly this shouldnt be happening , and are admin going to be looking into it or is this the way its going to stay????

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"To expand the OPs point further:

Do we know whether these banned but invisible people have the ability to view cams ?"

Banned members cannot see cams in chat. The only person they can speak to (as far as I know) is moderators by whispering them but I'm not 100% sure on this.

We agree that people who have been banned should not be allowed access to chat at all until their chat ban is over. I believe that admin have been asked about this and we are awaiting further info.

over a year ago

ty mwah

over a year ago

"To expand the OPs point further:

Do we know whether these banned but invisible people have the ability to view cams ?

Banned members cannot see cams in chat. The only person they can speak to (as far as I know) is moderators by whispering them but I'm not 100% sure on this.

We agree that people who have been banned should not be allowed access to chat at all until their chat ban is over. I believe that admin have been asked about this and we are awaiting further info."

Who wants to volunteer for a 4 hour ban and report back what they can or cannot do? I banned a member last week, maybe I will ask him what he could or couldnt do when I see him again. Steve

over a year ago

cant u do a 1hour ban lol xx

over a year ago

i will volunteer

over a year ago

hmm maybe a kind of 3 strike system could be useful ? or a temp ban such as a week or more depending on the nature of the reasons ? then if they still persist a total and complete ban form the site ? not sure how this could be enforced though

over a year ago

been banned as an experiment....

I COULD NOT VIEW CAMS

I COULD SEE ALL THE CONVERSATIONS IN THE CHAT ROOM

I COULD NOT CHAT OR WHISPER EVEN TO MODERATORS

I OBV CAN WRITE IN FORUM.....

OFF TO WATCH TELLY ..... NN ALL TILL MY BAN IS UP, HAVE FUN, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES XXXXXXXXXX

CYA THE MORRA XXXXXXX

over a year ago

FREE THE FORFAR 1

FREE THE FORFAR 1

LOL XXXCYA ALL THE MORRA, SHOULD HAVE CHECKED TELLY LISTINGS , FECKING FITBA ON.....

OFF TO MA WILL AND GRACE COILLECTION.. CAMPVILLE HERE I COME XXXXXXX

over a year ago

ye shouldve asked me view

widve saved ye the isolation and trauma o being banned!

over a year ago

been banned lmaooooooooooooooooo.......goks on channel 4 enjoy lol

over a year ago

aaww gary,,,,misn you already babe xx

over a year ago

"ye shouldve asked me view

widve saved ye the isolation and trauma o being banned!"

hahahahah.....ooooooo i wanna be in the banned club.....off to upset someone in chat lol

over a year ago

lol trace

ethnic minority slang descriptive words seem to be good

over a year ago

"FREE THE FORFAR 1

FREE THE FORFAR 1

LOL XXXCYA ALL THE MORRA, SHOULD HAVE CHECKED TELLY LISTINGS , FECKING FITBA ON.....

OFF TO MA WILL AND GRACE COILLECTION.. CAMPVILLE HERE I COME XXXXXXX"

LMAO View... free the Forfar 1

and the scores are forfar 4 east fife 5 lol xxx

over a year ago

hopefully admin can now look into bans after reading these posts.

Post new Message to Thread