Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Apologies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To admin if this is wrong... please delete the thread if it is.

If my memory serves me correctly the political forum was created to take what can be a very negative and divisive subject off the main forum along with football and religion.

I am fully on board with the idea of debate, exchange of opinion and knowledge. Many have information that others may not know. Perhaps it's lockdown but right now the Scottish forum is overrun with bitter political debate.

Debate is not really the problem, the problem is how that debate is discussed. As it s_ands the nature of discussion or information is degrogatory both in comment to the poster and to the people and subject they are discussing. I know others feel the same and that it should be kept on the political forum.

For those who think we should be able to post what we like. I do agree but I feel its place belongs in the forum created for it i.e. A dedicated forum.

If I am wrong... it won't be the first time lol... if you agree add your bit below and admin???? Helppppppppppp ?????

PS I have said all I will here and let everyone just have their say... it's called democracy

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree... forums should be fun, banter, bit of advice when needed.. life sucks as it is with lockdown. Don’t want to hear about it on forum unless I choose to go into political forums..

over a year ago

As much as it is getting boring.he said she said.

The headline of the post does say what the post is about so we can choose to take part or scroll past.

Can see where your coming from tho.

over a year ago

I don't think the scottish forum moves fast enough for this to really make a difference

over a year ago

"To admin if this is wrong... please delete the thread if it is.

If my memory serves me correctly the political forum was created to take what can be a very negative and divisive subject off the main forum along with football and religion.

I am fully on board with the idea of debate, exchange of opinion and knowledge. Many have information that others may not know. Perhaps it's lockdown but right now the Scottish forum is overrun with bitter political debate.

Debate is not really the problem, the problem is how that debate is discussed. As it s_ands the nature of discussion or information is degrogatory both in comment to the poster and to the people and subject they are discussing. I know others feel the same and that it should be kept on the political forum.

For those who think we should be able to post what we like. I do agree but I feel its place belongs in the forum created for it i.e. A dedicated forum.

If I am wrong... it won't be the first time lol... if you agree add your bit below and admin???? Helppppppppppp ?????

PS I have said all I will here and let everyone just have their say... it's called democracy "

I 100% agree. You have said and covered everything that needs to have been said.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"If my memory serves me correctly the political forum was created to take what can be a very negative and divisive subject off the main forum along with football and religion."

I’ve not seen a football or religion dedicated forum.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

I’ve advocated previously that politics threads should be in politics section. However....mods can be selective in which get moved.

It’s either All them get moved or none.

Of course folks can just skip by, I’ve counted 4 politics threads in 35 “topics” on the Scottish forum first page. excessive ?

Maybe things will quieten down now that Nicola threads seems to be dwindling out for some strange reason

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I must agree Flirt. It seems like there is always at least one political post that always end up aggressive, name calling or generally dismissive of people in general.

To be honest I think a lot read those and think there is no point in commenting if they are going to get crucified for having their own opinion!

over a year ago

Have any of you reported any of the politics posts and suggest they belong in the politics forum?

It would seem like the logical thing to do if you feel this way about them

over a year ago

"I must agree Flirt. It seems like there is always at least one political post that always end up aggressive, name calling or generally dismissive of people in general.

To be honest I think a lot read those and think there is no point in commenting if they are going to get crucified for having their own opinion! "

Exactly this.

Would be nice to maybe hear a response from Admin...?

over a year ago

I completely agree.

over a year ago

I agree with the OP. I do however think that while we've all got a right to our opinions, I do think that there are two controversial subjects which shouldn't be discussed on a sex site and that's politics and football. I just think that talking about these things is always going to cause nastiness between people and there's no need for that. It's a shame that there's very few fun topics anymore x

over a year ago

Agreed. We mostly avoid the Scotland forum now because of it. And we have a healthy block list of the folk who continually bash away at the same issues and attack others for voicing contrary opinions. That’s people on both sides of the debates, as it s_ands.

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

Absolutely agree. I'm spending less time in here because of it.

over a year ago

Too many baying to be top dog.

over a year ago

"Too many baying to be top dog.

"

There was only one top dog

over a year ago

Aye but he/she didn't like that and went running to get her a permanent ban.

Saddo.

over a year ago

"As much as it is getting boring.he said she said.

The headline of the post does say what the post is about so we can choose to take part or scroll past.

Can see where your coming from tho.

"

Actually agree with this.

99 % of the time just by the title you can tell how the thread will go.

Simply skip past it.

If we put every thread into its proper category there would be very little happening in the Scotland forum.

Site help threads , gone

Swinger chat threads , gone

Some hobby threads, gone

Club threads, gone

There is loads of categories , the place would die then it would be a case of nobody coming in and just going straight to the lounge. Simply by pass the negativity you know will be in there.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I'm all for it..... As long as the other tripe is also moved to there relevant sections.

could also have a does my ass look big in this section added save it twisting others melons.

over a year ago

17 of the 35 first page threads are in the wrong place by my count.

Most I skip past as have no interest in them. Do get what your saying though too op x

over a year ago

Ok you all knew I couldn’t wheesht right lol. To add a little

1. Yes I’ve reported to admin

2. Appreciate there could be other categories but fun subjects are what most want and rarely degrade into derogatory and nasty comments. This is a general forum which is why the political one was created.

Thank you all for such interesting and well reasoned comments though.

Lastly

3. Dr W, yes there was only one top dog lol (wink)

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

PS I have said all I will here and let everyone just have their say... it's called democracy "

Excellent statement, Scottish forum becoming tedious as even non political threads are turning political

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

PS I have said all I will here and let everyone just have their say... it's called democracy

Excellent statement, Scottish forum becoming tedious as even non political threads are turning political "

Totally agree with this

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Agree. As stated before. I spend more time in the Lounge nowadays than I used to in here. In part for the reasons stated.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

You make a fair point. I'd agree, I think it should be discussed in the Politics Forum.

However, having been there to discuss it, on several occasions; I have to remark that it's nearly all English based Tory voters indulging in SNP hatred and the standard of debate is no better.

At least their Scots equivalent live here, have skin in the game, have lived experience to back up their opinions and - crucially - get to influence events with their vote.

If they were to move to the Politics Forum to make their points, they'd leave this one in peace and feel right at home.

If you're pro-independence and you've not tried the other place yet; give it a go. See what you make of it.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Ok you all knew I couldn’t wheesht right lol. To add a little

Then admin have made the distinction that these posts are in the correct section.

2. Appreciate there could be other categories but fun subjects are what most want and rarely degrade into derogatory and nasty comments. This is a general forum which is why the political one was created.

I appreciate that who is left in the Scottish forums now want what they classify as "fun posts". This wasn't always the case and I'm sure it's a reason that some stay away from Scotland forums.

In regards to what's fun. there are many different flavours and making everyone take just one collective groups proclamation of this is the best flavour and only one accepted is no better than the name calling and nasty comments.

As a general forum as you ascribe to then all posts that fit under the other sectioned off areas should be moved to those locations not just the ones that one group don't like.

Imo the politics section is there for political matters pertaining to the whole UK and further (go as far as interplanatery if ya please)

The snp are only relevant in Scotland by their own admission. So the only real place they can be placed is Scotland forum.

It's been leveled many times don't like don't look seems a saying some came out with a few years ago is coming back to nip their ass

over a year ago

"Ok you all knew I couldn’t wheesht right lol. To add a little

Then admin have made the distinction that these posts are in the correct section.

I appreciate that who is left in the Scottish forums now want what they classify as "fun posts". This wasn't always the case and I'm sure it's a reason that some stay away from Scotland forums.

In regards to what's fun. there are many different flavours and making everyone take just one collective groups proclamation of this is the best flavour and only one accepted is no better than the name calling and nasty comments.

As a general forum as you ascribe to then all posts that fit under the other sectioned off areas should be moved to those locations not just the ones that one group don't like.

Imo the politics section is there for political matters pertaining to the whole UK and further (go as far as interplanatery if ya please)

The snp are only relevant in Scotland by their own admission. So the only real place they can be placed is Scotland forum.

It's been leveled many times don't like don't look seems a saying some came out with a few years ago is coming back to nip their ass "

Again it’s not really the topic but the fact that it descends into nasty and derogatory comments to each other and those they are discussing which can spill onto other threads. Topics on the forum don’t all have to be fun and in fact there are more serious topics which is great but political ones usually end up with abusive exchanges.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

It's been leveled many times don't like don't look seems a saying some came out with a few years ago is coming back to nip their ass

Again it’s not really the topic but the fact that it descends into nasty and derogatory comments to each other and those they are discussing which can spill onto other threads. Topics on the forum don’t all have to be fun and in fact there are more serious topics which is great but political ones usually end up with abusive exchanges. "

then it's not a movement of the posts you want it's more stringent moderation is what I take from that

over a year ago

Again it’s not really the topic but the fact that it descends into nasty and derogatory comments to each other and those they are discussing which can spill onto other threads. Topics on the forum don’t all have to be fun and in fact there are more serious topics which is great but political ones usually end up with abusive exchanges. then it's not a movement of the posts you want it's more stringent moderation is what I take from that"

Whatever works, what I had said originally was I seem to remember admin creating the political forum because people seemed incapable of debating civilly which in turn led to fairly nasty personal comments rather than the informative and lively discussion debate SHOULD be. As many have said above it is off putting and many can feel intimidated. Not the content of the debate but the way it’s debated. Admin created the different platform to try and at least contain it and make the main forum a more welcoming place.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I've seen plenty nasty and degrading barbed comments and interactions in all posts to be honest not just politics posts.

As I've said to my mind it's unfair to call for only what one group deems fun at the expense of all other users.

It's perhaps the reason the scotland forum is so stale I said a few years ago this is where it was heading and unfortunately it appears we have arrived as has been said by folks on other threads skirting this same issue it requires a major injection from folk and not to be pinned down by folk who believe they know what's best and this is what who when why you are allowed to speak about (comments not laying the finger at any individual)

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Again it’s not really the topic but the fact that it descends into nasty and derogatory comments to each other and those they are discussing which can spill onto other threads. Topics on the forum don’t all have to be fun and in fact there are more serious topics which is great but political ones usually end up with abusive exchanges. then it's not a movement of the posts you want it's more stringent moderation is what I take from that

Whatever works, what I had said originally was I seem to remember admin creating the political forum because people seemed incapable of debating civilly which in turn led to fairly nasty personal comments rather than the informative and lively discussion debate SHOULD be. As many have said above it is off putting and many can feel intimidated. Not the content of the debate but the way it’s debated. Admin created the different platform to try and at least contain it and make the main forum a more welcoming place. "

things change the nature of life at one time no advertisement was allowed the mear mention of a business was removed over time it has evolved and changed its the nature of things while we may not agree with certain changes they happen then become the new norm until the next change we don't agree with

over a year ago

Again it’s not really the topic but the fact that it descends into nasty and derogatory comments to each other and those they are discussing which can spill onto other threads. Topics on the forum don’t all have to be fun and in fact there are more serious topics which is great but political ones usually end up with abusive exchanges. then it's not a movement of the posts you want it's more stringent moderation is what I take from that

Whatever works, what I had said originally was I seem to remember admin creating the political forum because people seemed incapable of debating civilly which in turn led to fairly nasty personal comments rather than the informative and lively discussion debate SHOULD be. As many have said above it is off putting and many can feel intimidated. Not the content of the debate but the way it’s debated. Admin created the different platform to try and at least contain it and make the main forum a more welcoming place. things change the nature of life at one time no advertisement was allowed the mear mention of a business was removed over time it has evolved and changed its the nature of things while we may not agree with certain changes they happen then become the new norm until the next change we don't agree with "

I agree

over a year ago

I remember the very same thing happened about the club posts being moved to the club sections.

Holy hell fab folk were nearly rioting in the streets when that happened

over a year ago

Following your thinking, surely this thread is in the wrong section?

You address admin at the start so possibly it should be in the 'feedback' section?

Most thread content, though admittedly not this one, can be identified by the title so if politics isn't someone's bag then they have the opportunity to pass it by.

Yes some get a bit heated and certainly far from lighthearted but it's not like the whole Scottish forum is swamped by them.

over a year ago

"I've seen plenty nasty and degrading barbed comments and interactions in all posts to be honest not just politics posts.

As I've said to my mind it's unfair to call for only what one group deems fun at the expense of all other users.

It's perhaps the reason the scotland forum is so stale I said a few years ago this is where it was heading and unfortunately it appears we have arrived as has been said by folks on other threads skirting this same issue it requires a major injection from folk and not to be pinned down by folk who believe they know what's best and this is what who when why you are allowed to speak about (comments not laying the finger at any individual) "

That’s also a good point but the nastiness is on the vast majority of political ones, it’s a shame as there is often a real wealth of information and knowledge

over a year ago

"I remember the very same thing happened about the club posts being moved to the club sections.

Holy hell fab folk were nearly rioting in the streets when that happened "

Lol true

over a year ago

"Following your thinking, surely this thread is in the wrong section?

You address admin at the start so possibly it should be in the 'feedback' section?

Most thread content, though admittedly not this one, can be identified by the title so if politics isn't someone's bag then they have the opportunity to pass it by.

Yes some get a bit heated and certainly far from lighthearted but it's not like the whole Scottish forum is swamped by them. "

Also a point but again my point is the aggro more than the topic, it’s often very vitriolic.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I think part of what Flirt is trying to say is that the way the 'debates' go can be very childish. Often new members have tried to interact on them and just get slated. Or it then gets dragged into a completely non political thread and ruins that one.

The fact is there seems to be many people put off using the forums due to the way some (definitely not all) can't get the bit out of their teeth. It would be nice of there was more life and variety to the conversations on the forum but the ones that seem to garner the most activity (eventual mud slinging) is the political and football ones.

It's not about banning topics - it's about encouraging healthy debate from anyone who wants to join in and not start the 'snowflake' nonsense when someone doesn't see the funny side of the shade being put their way.

over a year ago

"I think part of what Flirt is trying to say is that the way the 'debates' go can be very childish. Often new members have tried to interact on them and just get slated. Or it then gets dragged into a completely non political thread and ruins that one.

The fact is there seems to be many people put off using the forums due to the way some (definitely not all) can't get the bit out of their teeth. It would be nice of there was more life and variety to the conversations on the forum but the ones that seem to garner the most activity (eventual mud slinging) is the political and football ones.

It's not about banning topics - it's about encouraging healthy debate from anyone who wants to join in and not start the 'snowflake' nonsense when someone doesn't see the funny side of the shade being put their way.

"

Yes that’s it exactly Cede, thank you

over a year ago

"I think part of what Flirt is trying to say is that the way the 'debates' go can be very childish. Often new members have tried to interact on them and just get slated. Or it then gets dragged into a completely non political thread and ruins that one.

Yes that’s it exactly Cede, thank you "

I will second that, after all fab is meant to be fun.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"

nobody claimed it was about banning topics.

my comments are at the attempt to have specific topics moved to other sections which would imo be counter productive to an already failing forum if you want to place type a posts then it's only fair to remove type b, C, d, e, f posts to there relevant sections also.

There's many people put off Scotland forums for many reasons.

Im kind of at a loss the complaint is there's nasty interactions at times I agree but as you pointed out yourself those are the posts garnering the most replies which I would say is the conversation folk want to have given the statistics.

If that's the case then it's a moderation issue not a relevance issue. To be honest scotland forums imo is moderated heavier than other sections already but that's just my opinion

over a year ago

I agree with kola the Scottish forums seems to be moderated different ly from other forums as 1 person could receive a time out on here but on other forums the same thing wouldn't?

Which suggests to me it's individuals seeking out mods to purposely ban the individual.

Said it before too many egos.

over a year ago

my comments are at the attempt to have specific topics moved to other sections which would imo be counter productive to an already failing forum if you want to place type a posts then it's only fair to remove type b, C, d, e, f posts to there relevant sections also.

Im kind of at a loss the complaint is there's nasty interactions at times I agree but as you pointed out yourself those are the posts garnering the most replies which I would say is the conversation folk want to have given the statistics.

If that's the case then it's a moderation issue not a relevance issue. To be honest scotland forums imo is moderated heavier than other sections already but that's just my opinion

"

Agreed the comments were on clarifying the issue as indeed yours are. I do see the point that the forum is failing so why remove threads but the aggressive and confrontational comments are arguably more instrumental in that. My feeling was also that many feel intimidated or depressed by that and fall off commenting or joining in. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion but owning it is not an excuse for rudeness or nastyness. Hiding comments under "banter" is another example though I can see that too can be subjective. However it is 2021 and we have lockdown and a society that places an emphasis on mental health. Keyboard warriors should not be tolerated. How you sort that is as you say a problem but perhaps recognising it is a beginning.

over a year ago

"I agree with kola the Scottish forums seems to be moderated different ly from other forums as 1 person could receive a time out on here but on other forums the same thing wouldn't?

Which suggests to me it's individuals seeking out mods to purposely ban the individual.

Said it before too many egos."

That's kind of the conclusion I reach as well but surely mods would act on the merits of the case and not just reports from individuals? At least, that's what I would hope. It's all to easy for those with grudges to suggest bans when they're not required otherwise. I wonder if there is a record of certain members reports. Some must be volumes long....

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Agreed the comments were on clarifying the issue as indeed yours are. I do see the point that the forum is failing so why remove threads but the aggressive and confrontational comments are arguably more instrumental in that. My feeling was also that many feel intimidated or depressed by that and fall off commenting or joining in. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion but owning it is not an excuse for rudeness or nastyness. Hiding comments under "banter" is another example though I can see that too can be subjective. However it is 2021 and we have lockdown and a society that places an emphasis on mental health. Keyboard warriors should not be tolerated. How you sort that is as you say a problem but perhaps recognising it is a beginning. "

Id agree but these problems are inherent in all posts I've a theory of how that came about also well not really a theory it was more a prediction that came to pass

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I agree with kola the Scottish forums seems to be moderated different ly from other forums as 1 person could receive a time out on here but on other forums the same thing wouldn't?

That's kind of the conclusion I reach as well but surely mods would act on the merits of the case and not just reports from individuals? At least, that's what I would hope. It's all to easy for those with grudges to suggest bans when they're not required otherwise. I wonder if there is a record of certain members reports. Some must be volumes long.... "

careful that's a discussion that's not allowed

over a year ago

That's kind of the conclusion I reach as well but surely mods would act on the merits of the case and not just reports from individuals? At least, that's what I would hope. It's all to easy for those with grudges to suggest bans when they're not required otherwise. I wonder if there is a record of certain members reports. Some must be volumes long.... careful that's a discussion that's not allowed "

Oh feck....trust me!!

over a year ago

Agreed the comments were on clarifying the issue as indeed yours are. I do see the point that the forum is failing so why remove threads but the aggressive and confrontational comments are arguably more instrumental in that. My feeling was also that many feel intimidated or depressed by that and fall off commenting or joining in. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion but owning it is not an excuse for rudeness or nastyness. Hiding comments under "banter" is another example though I can see that too can be subjective. However it is 2021 and we have lockdown and a society that places an emphasis on mental health. Keyboard warriors should not be tolerated. How you sort that is as you say a problem but perhaps recognising it is a beginning. Id agree but these problems are inherent in all posts I've a theory of how that came about also well not really a theory it was more a prediction that came to pass "

Do you have tonight’s winning lottery numbers perchance

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Agreed the comments were on clarifying the issue as indeed yours are. I do see the point that the forum is failing so why remove threads but the aggressive and confrontational comments are arguably more instrumental in that. My feeling was also that many feel intimidated or depressed by that and fall off commenting or joining in. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion but owning it is not an excuse for rudeness or nastyness. Hiding comments under "banter" is another example though I can see that too can be subjective. However it is 2021 and we have lockdown and a society that places an emphasis on mental health. Keyboard warriors should not be tolerated. How you sort that is as you say a problem but perhaps recognising it is a beginning. Id agree but these problems are inherent in all posts I've a theory of how that came about also well not really a theory it was more a prediction that came to pass

Do you have tonight’s winning lottery numbers perchance "

mid May 2035 sorry

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 24/03/21 16:27:15]

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

I understand completely what you are trying to say but like Kola I think if we were going down the route of moving posts to the correct section many would have to go. I like most people on here know who the perpetrators are that are out to get a reaction/cause trouble/stir the pot whatever you choose to call it and I deal with it by actively avoiding them. I don’t read any the posts political as that’s not why I’m here I have enough of that in my everyday life. The Scottish forums as I said in another post need a whole new lease of life by a substantial amount of new posters.

over a year ago

Oh..watch out..Tracey's on the hunt for new blood

over a year ago

That's kind of the conclusion I reach as well but surely mods would act on the merits of the case and not just reports from individuals? At least, that's what I would hope. It's all to easy for those with grudges to suggest bans when they're not required otherwise. I wonder if there is a record of certain members reports. Some must be volumes long.... "

obviously must be a cut off number for a permanent ban.

I must be seriously on thin ice by now

over a year ago

"I understand completely what you are trying to say but like Kola I think if we were going down the route of moving posts to the correct section many would have to go. I like most people on here know who the perpetrators are that are out to get a reaction/cause trouble/stir the pot whatever you choose to call it and I deal with it by actively avoiding them. I don’t read any the posts political as that’s not why I’m here I have enough of that in my everyday life. The Scottish forums as I said in another post need a whole new lease of life by a substantial amount of new posters. "

True. X

I think removing political posts wouldn't make any difference as people would just bicker on other posts.The problem is just like vanilla life.Some people just don't like too see others getting on.

I also agree with Aimee,if it's relating to Admin, perhaps the post should be sent in the Feedback Section.There has been an influx of Political posts of recent, I wouldn't say its swamped over a long period of time.

As much as I have zero interest in political posts they have been more interesting than some other posts.

Some posts border on Playschool patter and somehow cringing especially on a swinging site for consenting Adults.

over a year ago

"I understand completely what you are trying to say but like Kola I think if we were going down the route of moving posts to the correct section many would have to go. I like most people on here know who the perpetrators are that are out to get a reaction/cause trouble/stir the pot whatever you choose to call it and I deal with it by actively avoiding them. I don’t read any the posts political as that’s not why I’m here I have enough of that in my everyday life. The Scottish forums as I said in another post need a whole new lease of life by a substantial amount of new posters. "

Good point but do you think these new posters are put off by the way the forum is at present???

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 01:32:06]

over a year ago

That's kind of the conclusion I reach as well but surely mods would act on the merits of the case and not just reports from individuals? At least, that's what I would hope. It's all to easy for those with grudges to suggest bans when they're not required otherwise. I wonder if there is a record of certain members reports. Some must be volumes long.... obviously must be a cut off number for a permanent ban.

I must be seriously on thin ice by now "

If you are make sure you do a triple salchow in a skimpy sparkly outfit

By *melia DominaTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

I completely agree with. If you took, politics, religion and football out of the Scottish fourm whats is left...

the Cjs and after 8 threads...

That is the Scottish fourm in a nutshell.

Personally. The Scottish forum has rarely anything interesting to read, which is why I head to the other forums such as the lounge and swinger chat.

Post new Message to Thread