Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

2nd Vaccine

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had mine, Thank you to the lovely people at Kelso show ground. I'm delighted it's over & done with. All I need now is a holiday yer I know, in my dreams

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Were you brave ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Congratulations, had my first and hope to get the second soon. As to a holiday, a staycation will be fine for now with a liberal dose of catching up in real time with friends and family as lockdown eases. Slowly if need be (my preferred option lol) missing real time with so many people

By *exywheelsCouple
over a year ago

inverness

G had here first one on the 13 feb I and our adult kids had their first today

over a year ago

"Were you brave ? "

A little bit, needed to treat myself with cake afterwards as a reward for not crying

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Just had mine, Thank you to the lovely people at Kelso show ground. I'm delighted it's over & done with. All I need now is a holiday yer I know, in my dreams "

Good stuff. It is a great feeling knowing that you will be more protected against the evils of covid.

over a year ago

"Just had mine, Thank you to the lovely people at Kelso show ground. I'm delighted it's over & done with. All I need now is a holiday yer I know, in my dreams

Good stuff. It is a great feeling knowing that you will be more protected against the evils of covid."

I feel very blessed, it's over for me, that's amazing considering I'm only 41. Husband is 56 and not even had his first yet. Its relief

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

First one tomorrow, what a relief to be getting old for a change

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I've had my first one and due my second next week thanks to the work I do. Feel very lucky to be getting it but also feel so many should have got before me.

No holidays for me this year - just going to get as much time as possible with the people who are important to me. So much so they will get sick of me and send me on holiday

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"First one tomorrow, what a relief to be getting old for a change "
whoop whoop welcome to the auld foggies club lol

over a year ago

So all us vaccinated ladies who have had the jag should go on holiday somewhere nice and hot & leave the boys home alone

over a year ago

"So all us vaccinated ladies who have had the jag should go on holiday somewhere nice and hot & leave the boys home alone "
then you woke up lol no holidays are likely this year Im afraid

over a year ago

"So all us vaccinated ladies who have had the jag should go on holiday somewhere nice and hot & leave the boys home alone then you woke up lol no holidays are likely this year Im afraid "

We've nothing booked until November, living in hope but if we can't go I wont lose any sleep over it, will just shift dates

over a year ago

"So all us vaccinated ladies who have had the jag should go on holiday somewhere nice and hot & leave the boys home alone then you woke up lol no holidays are likely this year Im afraid

We've nothing booked until November, living in hope but if we can't go I wont lose any sleep over it, will just shift dates "

Yeah I've a few booked too just need to take it day by day

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

1st dose Friday

I don't think I've ever looked forward as much to having a little prick

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

I don't think I've ever looked forward as much to having a little prick"

Phahahaha lmao I was quite emotional at my first vacation, like it all suddenly felt very real, I can't quite explain it

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

Phahahaha lmao I was quite emotional at my first vacation, like it all suddenly felt very real, I can't quite explain it"

Yes! Agreed, a strange mixed feeling

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

Phahahaha lmao I was quite emotional at my first vacation, like it all suddenly felt very real, I can't quite explain it

Yes! Agreed, a strange mixed feeling "

I'm pleased it's not just me, I hadn't heard anyone else say it before

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

I'm pleased it's not just me, I hadn't heard anyone else say it before "

No I agree, it was a strange feeling. A bit excited, even a wee bit emotional... lockdown I’m sure had its part to play too x

over a year ago

No date for mine but cant wait tbh

over a year ago

Still waiting for my date for the jab but after I get it I'll still be very careful x

over a year ago

If you should have had your vaccine by now but not revived an invite this might be the reason why.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/covid-scotland-around-60000-vaccine-20238610?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

By *ot - CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"If you should have had your vaccine by now but not revived an invite this might be the reason why.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/covid-scotland-around-60000-vaccine-20238610?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar"

Thanks for the link

over a year ago

"If you should have had your vaccine by now but not revived an invite this might be the reason why.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/covid-scotland-around-60000-vaccine-20238610?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Thanks for the link "

No problem

over a year ago

Thanks for the link "

If you call the number they will arrange an appointment for you

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Im still waiting.. suppose there are more deemed needier than me.

Im still not quite comfortable with Jab though.

That Scots where universally JAG?

over a year ago

I've woken up fine, so I take it I won't get any ill effects. Such a relief. That's me done & dusted. Not even got a soar arm

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Im still waiting.. suppose there are more deemed needier than me.

Im still not quite comfortable with Jab though.

That Scots where universally JAG?"

I’d take a jag over a jab any day

By *jezee1000Man
over a year ago

perth

Like to feel a small prick!! But prefer the bigger ones

By *jezee1000Man
over a year ago

perth

Like to feel a small prick!! But prefer the bigger ones

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I've woken up fine, so I take it I won't get any ill effects. Such a relief. That's me done & dusted. Not even got a soar arm "

I know some people felt a bit rubbish and run down a couple of days after. Just take care of yourself and plenty fluids

over a year ago

"I've woken up fine, so I take it I won't get any ill effects. Such a relief. That's me done & dusted. Not even got a soar arm

I know some people felt a bit rubbish and run down a couple of days after. Just take care of yourself and plenty fluids "

Ohhh I thought I was in the clear, thanks hun I didn't know. Maybe I could milk this and have hubby cook the dinner for the rest of the week, just to be on the safe side

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I've woken up fine, so I take it I won't get any ill effects. Such a relief. That's me done & dusted. Not even got a soar arm

I know some people felt a bit rubbish and run down a couple of days after. Just take care of yourself and plenty fluids

Ohhh I thought I was in the clear, thanks hun I didn't know. Maybe I could milk this and have hubby cook the dinner for the rest of the week, just to be on the safe side "

Best make it the weekend too just to be 100% sure

over a year ago

"Just had mine, Thank you to the lovely people at Kelso show ground. I'm delighted it's over & done with. All I need now is a holiday yer I know, in my dreams "

Did you have any issues with 2nd dose

over a year ago

"Just had mine, Thank you to the lovely people at Kelso show ground. I'm delighted it's over & done with. All I need now is a holiday yer I know, in my dreams

Did you have any issues with 2nd dose"

I only had it yesterday, but so far so good. I've been absolutely fine with both jags

over a year ago

First one done me bad

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

I'm pleased it's not just me, I hadn't heard anyone else say it before "

I'm glad I work in a vaccinations clinic if it weren't for certain no. Not turning up I wouldn't have gotten my first one. You dont realise how much waste there is at the clinics until you see it first hand. Thankfully they're very tight with the amount of vials they use

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

I'm glad I work in a vaccinations clinic if it weren't for certain no. Not turning up I wouldn't have gotten my first one. You dont realise how much waste there is at the clinics until you see it first hand. Thankfully they're very tight with the amount of vials they use"

Wow, I saw that yesterday. I rang on Tuesday night for my 2nd jag. I was told they had plenty of appointments for Wednesday . I was in and sorted less than 24 hours later. So many empty tables/placements. When I asked why I was told, i didn't like the answer. It's a joke. My husband is desperate for his 1st vaccine, but the haven't got round to him because so many over 60s are wasting theirs.

I was shocked, to walk into a big empty vaccine unit, so much is been wasted, placements/actual vaccines and staffs time.

No hope if we carry on like that

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

1st vaccine done, super efficient and staff are fabulous, pleased to see all the booths were kept busy with a steady stream of people arriving, now to go home and have a wee packet of Knorr chicken noodle soup like I’m seriously ill lol

Massive thanks for the privilege

over a year ago

"1st dose Friday

I'm glad I work in a vaccinations clinic if it weren't for certain no. Not turning up I wouldn't have gotten my first one. You dont realise how much waste there is at the clinics until you see it first hand. Thankfully they're very tight with the amount of vials they use

Wow, I saw that yesterday. I rang on Tuesday night for my 2nd jag. I was told they had plenty of appointments for Wednesday . I was in and sorted less than 24 hours later. So many empty tables/placements. When I asked why I was told, i didn't like the answer. It's a joke. My husband is desperate for his 1st vaccine, but the haven't got round to him because so many over 60s are wasting theirs.

I was shocked, to walk into a big empty vaccine unit, so much is been wasted, placements/actual vaccines and staffs time.

No hope if we carry on like that "

It's disgusting how much is being wasted as I said especially when it can go to those that want it.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Whoop whoop just had my call to jab-land this weekend. I was starting to worry with both the talk of shortages and wastage.

over a year ago

"Whoop whoop just had my call to jab-land this weekend. I was starting to worry with both the talk of shortages and wastage. "

It's still happening. But pleased you got the call

over a year ago

"Whoop whoop just had my call to jab-land this weekend. I was starting to worry with both the talk of shortages and wastage. "
Brilliant

By *ot - CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

We both got our blue envelopes today

over a year ago

"We both got our blue envelopes today "
Thats great news

By *aytimefun4usMan
over a year ago

Wishaw

"1st dose Friday

I don't think I've ever looked forward as much to having a little prick"

Or even a dose!

over a year ago

Had my first dose 2 weeks ago waiting for the second. One step back towards normality yay

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"We both got our blue envelopes today "

They’ll go great with your blue Brexit passports!

Post new Message to Thread