Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Why can't we be nice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We are all human, so why do some people feel the need to torture others for their own gratification. Its so sad that we can't treat each other with love and respect. Life is too short for harbouring grudges, why can't we just be kinder to everyone. Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, God bless and Good night

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If only, my dear.

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"We are all human, so why do some people feel the need to torture others for their own gratification. Its so sad that we can't treat each other with love and respect. Life is too short for harbouring grudges, why can't we just be kinder to everyone. Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, God bless and Good night "

Because some people take joy from being assholes!!! Thankfully they are just a few

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Unfortunately we live in a time where an increasing amount of folk only think of theirselves . Sad times indeed . Those who assist and help others holding doors open , letting others past first . When in a queue of traffic let someone in we feel better being nice . After all the saying is “ it’s nice to be nice “ hopefully the one good turn deserves another mantra succeeds .

over a year ago

"Unfortunately we live in a time where an increasing amount of folk only think of theirselves . Sad times indeed . Those who assist and help others holding doors open , letting others past first . When in a queue of traffic let someone in we feel better being nice . After all the saying is “ it’s nice to be nice “ hopefully the one good turn deserves another mantra succeeds . "

Indeed Steph. Hope is an anchor for the soul. x

over a year ago

"We are all human, so why do some people feel the need to torture others for their own gratification. Its so sad that we can't treat each other with love and respect. Life is too short for harbouring grudges, why can't we just be kinder to everyone. Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, God bless and Good night "

Life is definitely too short for grudges or treating people cruelly. It’s surprising lovely what can happen if you just be kind, treat others as you would like to be treated and open your heart

over a year ago

"We are all human, so why do some people feel the need to torture others for their own gratification. Its so sad that we can't treat each other with love and respect. Life is too short for harbouring grudges, why can't we just be kinder to everyone. Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, God bless and Good night

Life is definitely too short for grudges or treating people cruelly. It’s surprising lovely what can happen if you just be kind, treat others as you would like to be treated and open your heart "

We could start by getting rid of religion.

Richard Dawkins hit it on the head when he said good people do good things. Bad people do bad things. But a good person will do bad things in the name of religion.

over a year ago

Some people are nice so people aren’t but the nice people will always shine though the brightest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Yes there sadly a lot if people like this who make other people miserable but only if you allow it !

Just remember beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from drama!

Keep smiling and just keep being you.

kill them with kindness

By *melia DominaTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Humans are a greddy self centred species. Until they are put in their place by an alien race we will never come together to be as one.

And to be fair, even if the master race pops their head in the door we will still be a bunch of greedy self centred fuck wits!

over a year ago

Some people seem to be blissfully unaware that they're doing it.

over a year ago

We're now living in a society where I have noticed this pandemic has changed people. Even before Covid, I did notice over the years that people just don't look or feel happy and have made it their utmost to bring people down to their level. I'm one of those people who like to put something positive up on my status to just try and (hopefully!) bring a smile to some people's faces, if not then so be it. Life is far too short for all this aggro and people ready to attack if you say the wrong thing. It says more about them then it does about us x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

We are all human, so why do some people feel the need to torture others for their own gratification.

Why do you believe folk are torturing you for their own gratification?

In general folk tend to say this when things they say are not agreed upon its something that I get levelled at me constantly.

Its so sad that we can't treat each other with love and respect.

Respect and love are earned and given they are not another's given right.

Life is too short for harbouring grudges, why can't we just be kinder to everyone.

Life is a series of events some good some bad and each deserve a different response not everyone is worthy of kindness

over a year ago

As Amelia said humans can be an extraordinarily selfish species. We are both inordinately cruel and wasteful yet inspiringly creative and compassionate. My take (merely my take) is that if there is a point in life it’s to strive to be better in every way.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

~Dalai Lama

over a year ago

Can I ask, why do people find the need to strive?

Can't we be content with how we are?

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I am not unkind to anyone but i have an opinion which i will state om the forums as i am human and not a sheep. Some vety over sensitive folk on fab who take the huff if you do not agree with what they say.

over a year ago

In an ideal world that's how it would be but the world is not ideal. I feel some people have such sad meaningless lives that the only satisfaction they get is preying on the weak . Unfortunately I blame their upbringing if I'm honest , said it before , nobody is born good or bad , they are just born . Where life takes them paves the way to how they act and behave . I'm by no means blaming the parenting by the way but there is usually trigger points in people's lives that can influence them for the rest of their lives. In my opinion only.

over a year ago

"Can I ask, why do people find the need to strive?

Can't we be content with how we are?"

Striving can be seen in two ways (my opinion only). In all species “striving” is the very stuff of life. To exist is to strive. Positively this is displayed in in humans in a pioneering and creative way. Historically man has always “strived” to develop ways to make life easier, from the innovation of agriculture and the industrial revolution for example, to our current technological revolution. Negatively that striving becomes greed and aggression. It’s a very big question you asked really and far bigger and better brains than mine have and still do ponder the answers. Likewise to Zest, there’s a lot of research into why people are evil. Nature or nurture??? I think both have a part to play. There’s a lot of studies on brain function show some people are “hardwired” to be “evil” (using that term for simplicity). As I said it’s really way too big a question to debate properly here. Well, in my opinion anyways. Going back to the original sentiment of the OP. Yes, it really would be lovely if more people would be nice

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Strive to lay on the sofa with a snickers and ice cream float every evening best of both worlds

over a year ago

You know it's really bad when people make up lies about others and spread it all over fab sad behavior and was happening way before covid it's disturbing behavior to say the least and sadly I don't see it changing anytime soon

over a year ago

"Strive to lay on the sofa with a snickers and ice cream float every evening best of both worlds"

I hope your pondering the Incas whilst taking dick pics as you do

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Strive to lay on the sofa with a snickers and ice cream float every evening best of both worlds

I hope your pondering the Incas whilst taking dick pics as you do "

ffs I can think of nothing worse than trying to find an angle that would make my dick look good more likely to puke my float up

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Strive to lay on the sofa with a snickers and ice cream float every evening best of both worlds

I hope your pondering the Incas whilst taking dick pics as you do ffs I can think of nothing worse than trying to find an angle that would make my dick look good more likely to puke my float up "

and I'm on a break from course work so derinatly no "happy snaps"

over a year ago

I hope your pondering the Incas whilst taking dick pics as you do ffs I can think of nothing worse than trying to find an angle that would make my dick look good more likely to puke my float up "

Awwww I’m sure he’s a wee ooops huge cutie

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I hope your pondering the Incas whilst taking dick pics as you do ffs I can think of nothing worse than trying to find an angle that would make my dick look good more likely to puke my float up

Awwww I’m sure he’s a wee ooops huge cutie "

head like a buckled mushroom (micro variety)

Post new Message to Thread