Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Hot tub purchase

Jump to newest

By *Lfuntimes OP   Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

We have just moved into our new house and looking to get our garden done in a couple months. Any advice on what type of permanent garden hot tubs are best. We had a lazy spa in the past looking for good deals and ideas for atleast four seater hot tub for fun times

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The lazy spas are great value for money and easy maintenance and I feel at times can be more comfortable as you can move about more than a fibreglass hot tub which is set seats. What size you guys thinking about?

By *bostCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

We’ll keep an eye on this post.

Once the weather is a bit kinder we are putting in a new deck but over engineering it to take the the weight of a hot tub.

We’ll install the retractable awning above it too for a bit of privacy

By *anbrCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The lazy spas are great value for money and easy maintenance and I feel at times can be more comfortable as you can move about more than a fibreglass hot tub which is set seats. What size you guys thinking about?"

This! We bought ours at the start of the first lockdown. Got the Ibiza which is a square 1.8m x 1.8m, 6 person tub. A few months later in laws bought a full tub from Costco. I can never get as comfortable in it. Also, our tub has moved from one side of the deck to the other which you can never do with a fibreglass tub as you have to dig out its foundations.

over a year ago

What’s the attraction of a bath in your garden a just will never get it...

great at first perhaps but then boring zzzzz

over a year ago

"The lazy spas are great value for money and easy maintenance and I feel at times can be more comfortable as you can move about more than a fibreglass hot tub which is set seats. What size you guys thinking about?

This! We bought ours at the start of the first lockdown. Got the Ibiza which is a square 1.8m x 1.8m, 6 person tub. A few months later in laws bought a full tub from Costco. I can never get as comfortable in it. Also, our tub has moved from one side of the deck to the other which you can never do with a fibreglass tub as you have to dig out its foundations. "

Some foam mats under the tub and means you not sitting on the ground. Easier to put away in winter too if you want to

over a year ago

"What’s the attraction of a bath in your garden a just will never get it...

great at first perhaps but then boring zzzzz "

Mate I thought that too, even protested that it was a waste of money. Was overuled and now have one. I use it more than anyone . Love it ! Got flashy underwater lights for it , drink holders and all sorts . Great just lying , beer in hand listening to the world go by.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"What’s the attraction of a bath in your garden a just will never get it...

great at first perhaps but then boring zzzzz

Mate I thought that too, even protested that it was a waste of money. Was overuled and now have one. I use it more than anyone . Love it ! Got flashy underwater lights for it , drink holders and all sorts . Great just lying , beer in hand listening to the world go by. "

This ^^^ absoloutely love mine

By *0 Shades of RedCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Ours has been a life saver....in it in all weathers as an escape pod in the garden protected from the worst of the elements by a gazebo..... and has a great dinks holder ( see pics on profile)

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

In ours most nights Secluded with retractable awning to protect from rain. Best thing ever bought Grizzly Bear come with our recommendation

over a year ago

Just to take it a bit off subject slightly.

We have the tub and gazebo, but like the idea of the retractable awning. Any tips and advice as to where to look would be great

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

relative did ours so sorry cant help

Post new Message to Thread