Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Lockdown escapes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So what have we done to get out the house for a bit ?

Me personally went to tesco for the shopping then got a coffee and sat in the car just enjoying being out the house and getting a bit of time to myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

I had 5 minutes of freedom walking back from the garage after dropping the car off for it's MOT yesterday!

K

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Fortunate to be on top of a sizeable park with smallish lake..

So offers a little respite....

But even a coffee in the car in a car park is an escape..

We all need something

By *innMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Had to go out and pick up a part for the heating system - thought they had stopped the lockdown as Edinburgh was busy with traffic and people out in the parks - wtf!

I think it’s only a minority of people who are following the rules.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Iv got hills on my doorstep to escape to

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

Got work to be going to. I don’t have the luxury of working from home unfortunately but it means I can get out reasonably often I suppose.

over a year ago

I need to go to work and try to avoid all the folk that's "needing to get out the house"

over a year ago

Exercise and shopping... just the legal stuff

over a year ago

I'm super lucky living where I live. Outdoors escapism for me on my MTB.

over a year ago

I've been walking to and from work everyday and have not been using any form of transport what so ever since the first lockdown.

I'm having to get up an hour earlier to walk to my work place and I'm getting back home an hour later than usual, but it's been keeping me healthy.

Just trying to turn a negative to a positive during these difficult times.

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Trying to find new places to walk to and taking photos. Got some good ones last week so hoping to get more.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I go out walking so I’m out of the house. once per week I drop a treat off for my young nephews by leaving it on their doorstep. Just small treats like pancakes, shortbread, fruit, it’s great to see them waving at the window and rushing to see what I’ve left for them

By *lasgowpeterMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Went a walk to the Botanic Gardens, Kibble Palace was open, wasn't as relaxed as pre covid where you could sit for a while but still good to have semi normal time again.

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

No escape here, have organised the milkman to bring my bread and milk, he also drops off anything I want from the local butcher and food boxes being delivered so I don’t have to step out of the front door unless it’s to pick the milk up off of the doorstep. This virus is getting out of control where I am now so I aim to go stir crazy, but be virus free

Last time I went out was to walk down to local beach for some air and wind. It was packed with people doing the same so came straight back home again.

over a year ago

Every morning after my coffee, I go for a brisk 10 min walk, it's to mentally make me feel I am leaving for work, when I come back I start my working day, I then walk 5 mins to the local shop for a filled roll for lunch. I wrap up and walk round the garden fill bird feeders and then back to work. If weather is not too bad I go for a run in the early evening.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I walk miles. Always have done and always will do as it is great for the body and mind.

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

The twice daily dog walk. At the time it's sometimes a chore but it has been a godsend.

Brilliant on nice frosty morning's like today

over a year ago

Both still working so, life hasnt changed much.

over a year ago

I'm on holiday but I will be returning this time next week, to escape the house I go hill walking.

To escape reality I watch a boxset

over a year ago

I'm so fortunate to stay in the countryside and have a garden.

It always angers me here locally folk being so judgmental of busy parks in the cities as if that's your only open space what option do you have locally we should be more considerate of what we have

By *4pu55yMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I need to go to work and try to avoid all the folk that's "needing to get out the house"

"

Ditto x

over a year ago

Tidying up the garden for an hour today,then took the dog a walk along the river

By *T ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

Helensburgh

I was also more lockdowned with a broken leg but honestly kept myself busy, the daily edging helped, lol but honestly not been too bored. Got the cast off today and got out a drive and slow walk. Ankle was aching but now feel like im orgasming in this bath lol.

Post new Message to Thread