Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Clap for heros

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

The Thursday night 8pm clap has to return with clap for heros to include all key workers & not just the NHS!... so glad to finally see that other key workers who have worked all through this are finally being recognised as they are every bit as important in keeping things going during the pandemic

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Perfect timing we can all clap fir key workers at the same we boo for Bois

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Personally I think the NHS should get the wage rise they deserve.

I've worked all the way through it and I'm glad iv been in a position where I can get out the house and work.

Plus I'm getting a backdated wage rise from April

Did the NHS in Scotland ever get their bonus payment of 500 pounds pro rata?

If individuals would like to clap by all means carry on but mind and wrap up for it

over a year ago

"Personally I think the NHS should get the wage rise they deserve.

I've worked all the way through it and I'm glad iv been in a position where I can get out the house and work.

If individuals would like to clap by all means carry on but mind and wrap up for it "

Ive no idea but not really what this post was about!... However I know a lot of work places gave to their employees a wee bonus at Christmas

over a year ago

I'd happily watch you with your pots and pans out any night of the week

over a year ago

"I'd happily watch you with your pots and pans out any night of the week

"

never had pots & pans just clapped lol

over a year ago

Star jump claps should be the new normal

over a year ago

"Star jump claps should be the new normal "
no for a woman of my age

over a year ago

"Star jump claps should be the new normal no for a woman of my age "

Or a man my age lol

over a year ago

"Star jump claps should be the new normal no for a woman of my age

Or a man my age lol "

lol No

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

Nah! Stick your clapping. How about wank for NHS staff and carers? Or give carers a wank Thursday.

over a year ago

"Nah! Stick your clapping. How about wank for NHS staff and carers? Or give carers a wank Thursday. "

By *upiter4meMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hear hear

By *ink-KameraMan
over a year ago

Livingston

Not for me it's a pointless exercise unless you have an NHS worker or carer on your street. It's a much better show of respect if we all follow the lock down rules and try and stop the spread of this awful virus.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

I’d rather boo for blowjo instead.

over a year ago

"I’d rather boo for blowjo instead. "
Lol you boo il clap lol

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"I’d rather boo for blowjo instead. Lol you boo il clap lol"

If I boo your meant to suck not clap

over a year ago

"I’d rather boo for blowjo instead. Lol you boo il clap lol

If I boo your meant to suck not clap "

Chancer

over a year ago

Living near a care home we always did the clap for all key workers including the carers. Though I do hope they get the £500 payment the nhs staff and carers are supposed to get? Think it was January or February. I do think they need to look at pay rises also. I'm sure they appreciate it more than a clap.

over a year ago

"Not for me it's a pointless exercise unless you have an NHS worker or carer on your street. It's a much better show of respect if we all follow the lock down rules and try and stop the spread of this awful virus. "

I couldn't agree more. Those who need to signal their virtue can carry on, I'll show my support and respect by following the rules. I find it more than a little patronising for our keyworkers to be treated like the staff at Grace Brothers as young Mr Grace waves his stick in the air and assures them "You've all done very well....".

Thank those on the frontline by helping them fight for a living wage. That will be more of a tribute than pot banging.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Bollox, I for one don't want people clapping for me.

over a year ago

"Bollox, I for one don't want people clapping for me. "

I know a few folk in various key roles that would agree with you. Most really appreciate the acknowledgement but would far rather see money and resources used effectively. For example my cousin is in the NHS and would rather see more nurses, hospital beds and pruning of excess management and so on.

over a year ago

The few on here are the only positive comments I've read about this anywhere online, including on the girl who started its own twitter account and on the BBC comments page. Have a look at those for what I'd consider to be the nations true feeling about this empty charade.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

It is a shame as it is well meant my many people but unfortunately it just seems a little empty to key workers when the reason this is happening again is because people aren't being sensible in the first place.

Maybe if the people flouting the rules had to do a 12hr shift in the hospital sitting with a dying covid patient they may think twice about being such a twat

over a year ago

"It is a shame as it is well meant my many people but unfortunately it just seems a little empty to key workers when the reason this is happening again is because people aren't being sensible in the first place.

Maybe if the people flouting the rules had to do a 12hr shift in the hospital sitting with a dying covid patient they may think twice about being such a twat "

There’s that too

over a year ago

Of course we want these people to get pay rises & the £500 promised to them but the public can't give them that so all they want to do is show their appreciation in any small way they can.

Since this all began many members of the public have made small gestures along with some businesses to NHS staff.

I think no matter what way its done its always nice to be appreciated

over a year ago

"It is a shame as it is well meant my many people but unfortunately it just seems a little empty to key workers when the reason this is happening again is because people aren't being sensible in the first place.

Maybe if the people flouting the rules had to do a 12hr shift in the hospital sitting with a dying covid patient they may think twice about being such a twat "

Sadly that is the reality and as uve said its all well ment by members of the public but like you say you will get people who flout the rules and just don't care

By *an CraigMan
over a year ago

Church Crookham

Clap for key workers is all well and good but it's the Sturgeon General that needs a clap around the ears and booted off her throne.

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Of course we want these people to get pay rises & the £500 promised to them but the public can't give them that so all they want to do is show their appreciation in any small way they can.

Since this all began many members of the public have made small gestures along with some businesses to NHS staff.

"

Very true, I’ve seen companies,schools and just general members of the public give small donations to our hospital wards, food, treats, cards or clapping believe me it’s all appreciated x

over a year ago

Why just for heroes? I'd clap for Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations (though not for Snickers, yuk).

over a year ago

"Of course we want these people to get pay rises & the £500 promised to them but the public can't give them that so all they want to do is show their appreciation in any small way they can.

Very true, I’ve seen companies,schools and just general members of the public give small donations to our hospital wards, food, treats, cards or clapping believe me it’s all appreciated x"

over a year ago

Well I personally think it's a load of bollocks. Why all of a sudden are folk acknowledging these people?? They should be recognised all the time!!! These people have worked double shifts, gone without breaks etc long before covid came along!

over a year ago

Nothing but pointless/mindless virtue signalling nonsense. Utterly patronising. For the record I'm an NHS employee. If you want to support us then simply adhere to the guidance and law. The clapping was a nice thought but became a bandwagon for people to jump on.

over a year ago

Sure, go out and clap if it makes you feel better. Those doing it are the same ones that slated the NHS, couldn't wait to complain, who verbally and physically assaulted nhs workers/carers and generally treated them like second class citizens. Government support, lol yeah same ones who cut resources to the bone and introduced unachievable targets, the media who were reporting on nothing but negatives and would cum in their pants at the sniff of a negative story.... And then there was covid, your nhs suddenly became 'heros' everyone loved them.

Move on and it started going backwards again, people weren't afraid anymore and slipped back to old ways but wait... There's a new strain and the fear returns... Bring back the clapping but let's make it for 'heros' this time so we don't leave anyone out.

As for the £500 no, it's not been paid yet and when it is its subject to tax so it's not £500.

The arguments and 'well what about us, we're key workers too' has been enlightening.

Every single one of us has a part to play, not just one group, if even the smallest piece is missing the jigsaw is incomplete. If we all appreciated everyone a little more we'd be better off but no, let's have the Thursday night nonsense brought back instead.

So yes, go out and clap/patronise/spread infection.... I'm sure it will make everything better.

Me? I'll stay in the house.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Not for me it's a pointless exercise unless you have an NHS worker or carer on your street. It's a much better show of respect if we all follow the lock down rules and try and stop the spread of this awful virus.

I couldn't agree more. Those who need to signal their virtue can carry on, I'll show my support and respect by following the rules. I find it more than a little patronising for our keyworkers to be treated like the staff at Grace Brothers as young Mr Grace waves his stick in the air and assures them "You've all done very well....".

Thank those on the frontline by helping them fight for a living wage. That will be more of a tribute than pot banging."

gotta agree this gets kind of tedious for all but the virtue signallers we all make sacrifices we all must live and get on with it.

It's akin to those that praise soldiers for fighting for freedom they can't fight without all the other folk doing what they do.

Im sure they would be happier with a fair days work for a fair days pay (I also think if they work on these wards they should be paid more for added risk)

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

It’s a way of softening up the blow of selling the nhs off to the American pharmaceutical companies

The tories have always wanted the nhs privatised, for 10 years they’ve been telling us it’s underfunded but wouldn’t put more money into it as they would loose the cream off the top hand outs to their posh pals

Now they’ve found a way into the mind set of the average person, a brand new thing for the tories called empathy

Protect the nhs was the original slogan, something they’ve never done

Save the nhs from being overwhelmed, it’s always been overwhelmed

The public need to do their bit for the nhs

All of this is so that in the very near future they can say “the nhs is dying, it can’t keep up with the covid patients we need to sell some of it to the Americans, it’s the only way to save it, we have no choice but to save it etc etc etc

The public will be so happy it’s being saved and that the “heroes”jobs have been saved that there will be no protests

Oh and once sold off, boris will announce a top notch trade deal with the yanks

Watch this space

By *heekyweebissimWoman
over a year ago

fife,

As I’m sure others have said I would rather they would follow the guidelines than clap. The hypocrisy is astounding and yet another month of our lives lost because parting is more important than protecting.

By *izzmasterzeroMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

It's good that other key workers are being recognised but this clap feels like a piss take. I've been working since first lockdown at the start of last year, not one day holidays, no time off for Xmas, no time off for new year, no public / bank holidays, skeleton staff meaning twice the work, fearing for your safety each day as several co workers have caught covid and we've had nothing in return except getting a clap. I'd much prefer a week off work or an extra bonus in my wage but getting a clap feels ridiculous... I understand that it's all that people can really do but still it just feels a bit shit.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

How many clapping had a party last 2 weeks or theor family and friends round New Years day because they deemed that .....achh its just one day it will be ok ....we can have a wee drink and socially distance ...but the youngest isnt coming...he/she is off tona gaff woth thier mates.

But then they clap.

over a year ago

"How many clapping had a party last 2 weeks or theor family and friends round New Years day because they deemed that .....achh its just one day it will be ok ....we can have a wee drink and socially distance ...but the youngest isnt coming...he/she is off tona gaff woth thier mates.

But then they clap."

certainly not me

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"How many clapping had a party last 2 weeks or theor family and friends round New Years day because they deemed that .....achh its just one day it will be ok ....we can have a wee drink and socially distance ...but the youngest isnt coming...he/she is off tona gaff woth thier mates.

But then they clap.certainly not me "

Plenty has though and plenty will...if you clap you can not catch covid mentality

By *ruescotsman 2019Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm a key working working a covid test center on stead of clap for hero's how about we all stay in do as were asked then we can get back to some kind of normal

over a year ago

But then they clap.certainly not me

Plenty has though and plenty will...if you clap you can not catch covid mentality "

Yes I know they have ! never heard anyone say if you clap you won't catch it but then again there are some crazy people who would believe that lol

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent."

Sorry bluebell, I'm not a fan of it either, prefer the appreciation to be shown in a different manner as I posted earlier lol,but I could do with the money, the bills are still there

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.

Sorry bluebell, I'm not a fan of it either, prefer the appreciation to be shown in a different manner as I posted earlier lol,but I could do with the money, the bills are still there"

Yes of course and i will spend mine but it is going to cost hundreds of thousands of pounds which i think could be better spent.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.

Sorry bluebell, I'm not a fan of it either, prefer the appreciation to be shown in a different manner as I posted earlier lol,but I could do with the money, the bills are still there

Yes of course and i will spend mine but it is going to cost hundreds of thousands of pounds which i think could be better spent. "

Id say pay the workers and bin the boardmembers though I have said that for yrs.

over a year ago

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent."
Why not give it to someone who really needs it if you don't feel comfortable receiving it ?

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.Why not give it to someone who really needs it if you don't feel comfortable receiving it ?"

That is what Sturgeon should have done.

over a year ago

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.Why not give it to someone who really needs it if you don't feel comfortable receiving it ?

That is what Sturgeon should have done. "

As I said if you don't want to recieve the payment give it to someone who would appreciate it and needs it

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Not a fan of the weekly clap and do not really agree with the £500 payments either as feel the money could be better spent.Why not give it to someone who really needs it if you don't feel comfortable receiving it ?

That is what Sturgeon should have done. As I said if you don't want to recieve the payment give it to someone who would appreciate it and needs it "

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country.

over a year ago

That is what Sturgeon should have done. As I said if you don't want to recieve the payment give it to someone who would appreciate it and needs it

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country."

Are you saying you should be entitled to the £500 ?

over a year ago

That is what Sturgeon should have done. As I said if you don't want to recieve the payment give it to someone who would appreciate it and needs it

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country."

I fully get what you are saying !

All im saying is if it makes you that uncomfortable accepting it then give it to a good cause ie donate to a charity,give to a homeless person or buy food and donate it to a food bank

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country.

Are you saying you should be entitled to the £500 ?"

I really do not think carers/nurses should get the payment. It has been tough for us but also for all the others who have worked through the pandemic.

over a year ago

Are you saying you should be entitled to the £500 ?

I really do not think carers/nurses should get the payment. It has been tough for us but also for all the others who have worked through the pandemic. "

Agreed

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Can i just say that nursing has never been and never will be a good paid job. This people are aware of from the start but we chose to do it as want to care for others. We are no different from anyone else who goes to work.

over a year ago

"Can i just say that nursing has never been and never will be a good paid job. This people are aware of from the start but we chose to do it as want to care for others. We are no different from anyone else who goes to work."
Exactly !!

over a year ago

There are many people I could stand at my door and clap for across the NHS, however there are many across the NHS I wouldn't.

over a year ago

"Living near a care home we always did the clap for all key workers including the carers. Though I do hope they get the £500 payment the nhs staff and carers are supposed to get? Think it was January or February. I do think they need to look at pay rises also. I'm sure they appreciate it more than a clap. "

They're getting the £500 this month. Tbh, a pay rise is worth more than a gesture of clapping on a Thursday.

By *oneybadger67Man
over a year ago

Near there

"Personally I think the NHS should get the wage rise they deserve.

If individuals would like to clap by all means carry on but mind and wrap up for it "

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Can i just say that nursing has never been and never will be a good paid job. This people are aware of from the start but we chose to do it as want to care for others. We are no different from anyone else who goes to work."

Absolutely spot on.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man
over a year ago

edinbugh

I once got the clap from a hero so rule me out

Great to see everyone getting recognised that needs to be though

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I know of at least 3 nurses and 2 of care home staff who have continually flouted rules around restrictions when they have visited other areas, had house gatherings and BBQs. One of the nurses being my ex who flouted rules with a number of her colleagues.

I dare say that these 5 “heroes” aren’t the only ones in these positions who do as they please while pleading woe is us.

over a year ago

"I know of at least 3 nurses and 2 of care home staff who have continually flouted rules around restrictions when they have visited other areas, had house gatherings and BBQs. One of the nurses being my ex who flouted rules with a number of her colleagues.

I dare say that these 5 “heroes” aren’t the only ones in these positions who do as they please while pleading woe is us."

Totally agree...and they are the first in line for vaccination whilst flouting the rules.

Well said Beefy.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I know of at least 3 nurses and 2 of care home staff who have continually flouted rules around restrictions when they have visited other areas, had house gatherings and BBQs. One of the nurses being my ex who flouted rules with a number of her colleagues.

I dare say that these 5 “heroes” aren’t the only ones in these positions who do as they please while pleading woe is us."

Who says they plead woe is me?

They are human beings the same as everyone else with foibles the same as everyone else

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Getting the 500 pounds in Februarys wage

over a year ago

"Getting the 500 pounds in Februarys wage "

Enjoy it, you deserve it. Is it getting taxed though?

over a year ago

Think it's a bit run its course now.

I for 1 find it all a bit cringy.did it in the 1st lockdown but think this 1 is being more orgastrated by the government to take away from the real issues.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Getting the 500 pounds in Februarys wage

Enjoy it, you deserve it. Is it getting taxed though? "

Yeah it is

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Enjoy it, you deserve it. Is it getting taxed though? "

If it is then they should be awarded £625 to cover the taxable amount but usual mischief making by the SNP just to stir the pot.

By *irth VaderMan
over a year ago

Murrayfield

Slap for Boris I’m up for but all these arseholes who clap for Carers and are all over Facebook getting passed with their pals.

over a year ago

As the fabulous DB sang “We can be heroes”. No one is in this alone. There are always those that fall short but all each of us can do is our best. There are everyday heroes out there in all walks of life. One of the things our country passionately defends is freedom and that includes the right to be an utter arsehole but of course some might say that’s in the eye of the beholder

In regard to the NHS, of course it isn’t perfect but we are the envy of the world in having it. I for one am glad it’s there.

over a year ago

Snp aren't taxing it, Westminster is. Scotland don't have the powers to do that. If they paid extra to cover it they have to wait 2 years before Westminster returns the tax revenue to Scotland, Scotgov have made a gesture of recognition no more no less which is more than others have done.

I have never, ever cried woe is me. NHS staff simply want a wage that reflects the level of responsibility and risk they manage, just like other professions. I'm responsible for just under 800 young peoples health and wellbeing yet I'm paid less that a supermarket manager and no, I'm not saying they get too much but I don't get a salary that reflects what I do. Yep I don't need to do it, I could walk away as many doctors and nurses have hence the shortages now but I don't just work for money so I'm staying however it doesn't stop me recognising the NHS is undervalued. Agree with another poster re board members and management structures.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I won’t be clapping at 8 to show my appreciation I will do what I’ve done throughout this pandemic and show my appreciation by giving small gifts to shop workers, phamarcy staff, post men, bin men and police to name but a few. Just small tokens to show I appreciate their efforts which I’m hoping means more than standing at the front door clapping but most of all I stick to the rules as best I can.

I am a key worker but don’t work directly with anyone with covid and will receive the £500 by end of March but to be honest I don’t think it’s right. There are people who will get it who haven’t put any effort in, I believe even people who had to shield at home will get the payment even through they haven’t worked for it (through no fault of their own) and there will be people who truly deserve it who won’t get it.

It’s one of those things that will never please everyone so in my opinion would have been best not done.

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 07/01/21 19:52:32]

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 07/01/21 19:52:52]

over a year ago

Yeah it is "

Wow. That's fucking typical.

over a year ago

We have been told we will get the £500 thank you paid in 3 lots to help staff who may also be on UC. It means they won't lose that financial help .

Personally I find the clapping patronising. People should be paid better.

To me it's still ludicrous that you could earn more making coffee in Costa than you would as a fully trained, registered and specialist support worker.

I'm not saying that Costa staff should be paid less just that care staff should have gotten more

over a year ago

Glasgow

"We have been told we will get the £500 thank you paid in 3 lots to help staff who may also be on UC. It means they won't lose that financial help .

To me it's still ludicrous that you could earn more making coffee in Costa than you would as a fully trained, registered and specialist support worker.

I'm not saying that Costa staff should be paid less just that care staff should have gotten more"

This is an option but not automatic, so it will be in the one payment unless you apply for it to be split

By *RD2020Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"Snp aren't taxing it, Westminster is. Scotland don't have the powers to do that. If they paid extra to cover it they have to wait 2 years before Westminster returns the tax revenue to Scotland, Scotgov have made a gesture of recognition no more no less which is more than others have done.

I have never, ever cried woe is me. NHS staff simply want a wage that reflects the level of responsibility and risk they manage, just like other professions. I'm responsible for just under 800 young peoples health and wellbeing yet I'm paid less that a supermarket manager and no, I'm not saying they get too much but I don't get a salary that reflects what I do. Yep I don't need to do it, I could walk away as many doctors and nurses have hence the shortages now but I don't just work for money so I'm staying however it doesn't stop me recognising the NHS is undervalued. Agree with another poster re board members and management structures.

"

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????

over a year ago

"Snp aren't taxing it, Westminster is. Scotland don't have the powers to do that. If they paid extra to cover it they have to wait 2 years before Westminster returns the tax revenue to Scotland, Scotgov have made a gesture of recognition no more no less which is more than others have done.

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????"

Theres no need to get agitated ....all those!!! Lol. Yes scotgov set tax levels but they do not have the power to authorise exemptions, you google it

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Yeah it is "

You can thank the SNP for that. As I’ve said previously if the SNP really wanted to buy votes for £500 from NHS staff then they should have awarded around £625 to cover the shortfall that they’d lose in tax.

But no, they want to create havoc and blame Westminster for something which Holyrood has full control over.

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????Theres no need to get agitated ....all those!!! Lol. Yes scotgov set tax levels but they do not have the power to authorise exemptions, you google it "

Agitated? He’s merely pointing out facts.

By *RD2020Man
over a year ago

Stirling

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????Theres no need to get agitated ....all those!!! Lol. Yes scotgov set tax levels but they do not have the power to authorise exemptions, you google it "

Hardly agitated! But if the SG had really wanted £500 in our pockets, as I'll receive it too. The they could have quite easily paid everyone the extra tax on top, as it would be coming back to them anyway. Instead of making a statement that WM should not tax it. It was purely political posturing!

over a year ago

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????Theres no need to get agitated ....all those!!! Lol. Yes scotgov set tax levels but they do not have the power to authorise exemptions, you google it

Hardly agitated! But if the SG had really wanted £500 in our pockets, as I'll receive it too. The they could have quite easily paid everyone the extra tax on top, as it would be coming back to them anyway. Instead of making a statement that WM should not tax it. It was purely political posturing! "

Yes and as I said, two years down the line which isn't feesable considering. The simplest solution would have been for BJ to allow the payment to be exempt from tax in the first place would it not?

over a year ago

I'll leave you.... boys to your love in, didn't come here to have an SNP bashing encounter

By *unCpl1003Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I would rather people stuck to the rules than be clapped and i think I speak for all NHS and probably key workers too

over a year ago

"We have been told we will get the £500 thank you paid in 3 lots to help staff who may also be on UC. It means they won't lose that financial help .

I'm not saying that Costa staff should be paid less just that care staff should have gotten more"

Well said that woman

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

As a key worker within emergency services, and a massive supporter of the NHS, I disagree with the whole standing on your door virtue signalling thing. Not one person did it on my street last night. I think anyone who has had to work all the way through, go into houses where people have all sorts wrong with them, they want to attack you and care not a jot about your welfare, along with EVERYONE who has abided by the rules and tried to do their bit deserve more than a frying pan being knocked about for a minute.

What reward I don’t know? But anytime I’ve seen folk standing lauding at their front doors before, it’s made me cringe. Sorry, just my opinion, each to their own.

By *ixie and adamCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 08/01/21 19:56:22]

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country.I fully get what you are saying !

All im saying is if it makes you that uncomfortable accepting it then give it to a good cause ie donate to a charity,give to a homeless person or buy food and donate it to a food bank "

Q. I do not want this payment. Can I opt out?

Scottish Government Ministers wish to recognise the extraordinary effort that front line NHS and social care staff have made to our national effort during the pandemic. While there is no mechanism for opting out of this payment, all recipients are free to do with it what they wish, including donating to charitable causes.

over a year ago

Nhs bonus......still waiting! Our senior partner told us it might be taxed! I’m just under full time by a few hours, but due to demand, I’ve worked full time plus since March but don’t qualify for the full amount! Xx

over a year ago

I am looking forward to getting it probably more than that consultant on 100k a year. It is going to cost a fortune to Scotland. This money could have built many houses, fed many people and helped out the diabolical drugs situation in this country.I fully get what you are saying !

All im saying is if it makes you that uncomfortable accepting it then give it to a good cause ie donate to a charity,give to a homeless person or buy food and donate it to a food bank

Q. I do not want this payment. Can I opt out?

Scottish Government Ministers wish to recognise the extraordinary effort that front line NHS and social care staff have made to our national effort during the pandemic. While there is no mechanism for opting out of this payment, all recipients are free to do with it what they wish, including donating to charitable causes. "

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

There's a whole lot of whinging going on some folk are getting a bonus of sorts others ain't.

Perhaps folk need to wind there neck in and butt out of what's not their business the major problem is to many believe their own hype.

I could complain if I felt like it I work in an area that its highly likely that corona virus is present I don't whinge complain or demand anything from anybody it's a job I accepted pre covid and I don't expect anyone to do bugger all for me or a wage rise that's the term of the contract I signed and a pandemic is nobody's fault so folk should be grateful of what they have no what they belive they should have

over a year ago

"As a key worker within emergency services, and a massive supporter of the NHS, I disagree with the whole standing on your door virtue signalling thing. Not one person did it on my street last night. I think anyone who has had to work all the way through, go into houses where people have all sorts wrong with them, they want to attack you and care not a jot about your welfare, along with EVERYONE who has abided by the rules and tried to do their bit deserve more than a frying pan being knocked about for a minute.

What reward I don’t know? But anytime I’ve seen folk standing lauding at their front doors before, it’s made me cringe. Sorry, just my opinion, each to their own. "

Can you clarify , are you proud nobody done it on your street or are you complaining no one done this virtue signalling on your street. ?

Now you claim you or whomever your relating your post to, they go through doors where people have all sorts of things wrong with them , if that's seen as a problem then the you or whoever your talking about is probably in the wrong job. !!

Is it every door you or they go through that they get attacked or are you just highlighting one bad aspect of a very rewarding job, like most jobs they have good and bad aspects to them ?

And then you say they want a reward , certainly not pan banging , then I would say if that's your attitude or whomever you refer to then I would say they get their reward every month , its called a wage and from what I know , a very good wage too.

Feel free to leave the job or tell the person you speak of to leave if they feel their not getting a big enough 'reward' .

Lastly if seeing the pot banging makes you cringe simply don't look at it or stay in your street where you will be most happy as not one person did it in your street as you said.

By *implyJayGeeMan
over a year ago

Garthamlock

"As a key worker within emergency services, and a massive supporter of the NHS, I disagree with the whole standing on your door virtue signalling thing. Not one person did it on my street last night. I think anyone who has had to work all the way through, go into houses where people have all sorts wrong with them, they want to attack you and care not a jot about your welfare, along with EVERYONE who has abided by the rules and tried to do their bit deserve more than a frying pan being knocked about for a minute.

What reward I don’t know? But anytime I’ve seen folk standing lauding at their front doors before, it’s made me cringe. Sorry, just my opinion, each to their own.

Can you clarify , are you proud nobody done it on your street or are you complaining no one done this virtue signalling on your street. ?

Now you claim you or whomever your relating your post to, they go through doors where people have all sorts of things wrong with them , if that's seen as a problem then the you or whoever your talking about is probably in the wrong job. !!

Is it every door you or they go through that they get attacked or are you just highlighting one bad aspect of a very rewarding job, like most jobs they have good and bad aspects to them ?

And then you say they want a reward , certainly not pan banging , then I would say if that's your attitude or whomever you refer to then I would say they get their reward every month , its called a wage and from what I know , a very good wage too.

Feel free to leave the job or tell the person you speak of to leave if they feel their not getting a big enough 'reward' .

Lastly if seeing the pot banging makes you cringe simply don't look at it or stay in your street where you will be most happy as not one person did it in your street as you said. "

Am I proud no one done it On the street - yes.

Never made any complaints about anyone being in any job, just that some of us are in a far more likely position to be exposed to C-19. Ambulance workers get attacked in their line of work, cops and fire fighters also, you’ll have to show me where the complaint was that I made there. I’m well aware of what I’m up against in my line of work, not once have I said I feel I’m in the wrong job. I never specifically said I want a reward, but surely folk, especially the NHS staff, deserve more than a pot being banged no? Sorry for sticking up for our health service workers there.

And for your last piece of unwanted advice, if leaving the street was such an easy option, I’m quite sure it wouldn’t just be me that would feel like it.

Does this ‘clarify’ your points?

Thanks in advance.

over a year ago

Lastly if seeing the pot banging makes you cringe simply don't look at it or stay in your street where you will be most happy as not one person did it in your street as you said.

Am I proud no one done it On the street - yes.

Never made any complaints about anyone being in any job, just that some of us are in a far more likely position to be exposed to C-19. Ambulance workers get attacked in their line of work, cops and fire fighters also, you’ll have to show me where the complaint was that I made there. I’m well aware of what I’m up against in my line of work, not once have I said I feel I’m in the wrong job. I never specifically said I want a reward, but surely folk, especially the NHS staff, deserve more than a pot being banged no? Sorry for sticking up for our health service workers there.

And for your last piece of unwanted advice, if leaving the street was such an easy option, I’m quite sure it wouldn’t just be me that would feel like it.

Does this ‘clarify’ your points?

Thanks in advance. "

Not really , you make complaints about working conditions of emergency services going into covid houses or being assaulted but that is the nature of the job.

And they do get rewarded, paid for a job they enjoy no doubt.

Anyway, I also said you should STAY in your street if you want to be happy and avoiding the pots and pan rattling. So no idea what people wanting to leave your street have to do with your reply here .

Oh and by the way , while your not banging pots and pans your certainly virtue signalling the NHS workers in the very nature of your last 2 posts. Surely by your own words they would rather a REAL reward as opposed you simply praising them with words of support . Kind of negates your very point about people showing their appreciation by pot banging don't you think.

over a year ago

Not even read comments but the the thing I’d love you all to do is, stay in your fuckn hoose and if you go out wear a mask. This shit ain’t going away and the amount of clapping pots banging helps no one.

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

If Sturgeon had said it then it would have been a great idea.

over a year ago

"Not even read comments but the the thing I’d love you all to do is, stay in your fuckn hoose and if you go out wear a mask. This shit ain’t going away and the amount of clapping pots banging helps no one. "

Clapping and pots banging doesn't hurt anyone either though does it ? So wheres the harm in it really ? I bet your the type that also tells kids there's no santa.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Did this even become a thing?

I haven’t heard much about it on social media and didnt notice anyone in my street clapping

over a year ago

As a carer, and apparently part of the target group for this, can I say I would rather not have the clap? Thanks.

over a year ago

Clap for bricklayers . We’re not counted though?

over a year ago

Clap for every one else that's has to work and isn't entitled to 10% discount every time they go shopping

over a year ago

"Clap for bricklayers . We’re not counted though? "

over a year ago

Jeez!!!! Tax paid in Scotland goes to the Scottish Government tax raising powers are devolved!!! That why we pay 21% tax compared to 20% in the rest of the UK! Try a simple Google search on the subject. While you're at it search how the SNP have spent the 8.6Billion extra money they got????Theres no need to get agitated ....all those!!! Lol. Yes scotgov set tax levels but they do not have the power to authorise exemptions, you google it

Hardly agitated! But if the SG had really wanted £500 in our pockets, as I'll receive it too. The they could have quite easily paid everyone the extra tax on top, as it would be coming back to them anyway. Instead of making a statement that WM should not tax it. It was purely political posturing!

Yes and as I said, two years down the line which isn't feesable considering. The simplest solution would have been for BJ to allow the payment to be exempt from tax in the first place would it not? "

Why on earth would this payment not be taxed? It may be classed as a bonus but it’s income and should be treated as such by HMRC.

I can’t understand why it’s even a discussion point.

over a year ago

"Not even read comments but the the thing I’d love you all to do is, stay in your fuckn hoose and if you go out wear a mask. This shit ain’t going away and the amount of clapping pots banging helps no one.

Clapping and pots banging doesn't hurt anyone either though does it ? So wheres the harm in it really ? I bet your the type that also tells kids there's no santa. "

I’m the person who does 12hour shifts in ICU who watch people die day in day out, and come home and wonder why people probably like you bang pots outside there front door. Appreciated the first time round but it’s needless now.

Thanks for your concern over Santa though my kids are brought up the right way ....

over a year ago

"Not even read comments but the the thing I’d love you all to do is, stay in your fuckn hoose and if you go out wear a mask. This shit ain’t going away and the amount of clapping pots banging helps no one.

Clapping and pots banging doesn't hurt anyone either though does it ? So wheres the harm in it really ? I bet your the type that also tells kids there's no santa.

I’m the person who does 12hour shifts in ICU who watch people die day in day out, and come home and wonder why people probably like you bang pots outside there front door. Appreciated the first time round but it’s needless now.

Thanks for your concern over Santa though my kids are brought up the right way ...."

Its needless to you personally and perhaps for many other key workers too, myself included .

But perhaps if it makes one person that is isolating feel they are doing something, no matter how small I ask you again , wheres the harm in it ?

Ps saying you bring your kids up the right way , does that mean you told them santa is real or not.

Lastly , being on the front line does not give you special privileges to tell people what to do. Like all jobs, if your not happy you know what to do .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/01/21 16:06:04]

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

We have been told it should be in February's pay.

over a year ago

Thanks for your concern over Santa though my kids are brought up the right way ....

Its needless to you personally and perhaps for many other key workers too, myself included .

But perhaps if it makes one person that is isolating feel they are doing something, no matter how small I ask you again , wheres the harm in it ?

Ps saying you bring your kids up the right way , does that mean you told them santa is real or not.

Lastly , being on the front line does not give you special privileges to tell people what to do. Like all jobs, if your not happy you know what to do .

"

Is that you off it ?

over a year ago

As a social care worker and without being disrespectful to anyone, clap for heroes is all very well but is it right that carers receive mininum wage with responsibilities including monitoring our residents fluid & nutrition intake their health & personal safety & hygiene etc.

A fair wage would mean so much more than clapping whixh many of us don't hear/see due to shift patterns.

over a year ago

"As a social care worker and without being disrespectful to anyone, clap for heroes is all very well but is it right that carers receive mininum wage with responsibilities including monitoring our residents fluid & nutrition intake their health & personal safety & hygiene etc.

A fair wage would mean so much more than clapping whixh many of us don't hear/see due to shift patterns."

I'm pretty sure 99.9 % of those people clapping are not in a position to give you that wage rise. They are in a position to do what they think they can do for you . So because you can't get your wage rise and that feel appreciated money that's a good reason to say you don't want people to have that feel good factor they no doubt get from clapping.

over a year ago

"As a social care worker and without being disrespectful to anyone, clap for heroes is all very well but is it right that carers receive mininum wage with responsibilities including monitoring our residents fluid & nutrition intake their health & personal safety & hygiene etc.

A fair wage would mean so much more than clapping whixh many of us don't hear/see due to shift patterns."

Sry never actually answered your question,

No its certainly not right your on minimum wage.

You do a job i could never do even if you paid me 10 times more than minimum wage. Genuinely I take my hat off to you and people like you.

Post new Message to Thread