Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

OUR TOWNS

Jump to newest

By *entscotscpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

falkirk ish

yesterday our local sub post office was robbed .

today our general post office had its ATM ripped out the wall (cash machine )

shop owner had his wallet nicked while serving .

3 ladies bags grabbed in the high street

what are our towns turning into ?

is it the tory cut backs ? etc or is it just a massive society melt down

your thoughts on all this and our towns please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/07/12 19:47:01]

over a year ago

Not sure its just Tory cut backs if I'm honest, we were pretty much in the shit before them and the liberals whacked up together - but don't want to turn this political so will stop there.

In terms of robbery etc, its always been an element of society and will continue to be. We've had the Krays, the ice cream wars, the tongs and loads of other gangsters since the year dot. I think you hear about more stuff now as information is readily available within seconds - facebook, twitter, on line news websites, 24hr news channels.

Would love to think that there was a period of the "good old days" but I've long given up on that now lol

By *entscotscpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

falkirk ish

thanks for your reply

we aint used to all this crap happening in our town at the same time

maybe we have been sheltered in the past

maybe its a way of life now for most areas

over a year ago

Once, a few years ago a guy stole a JCB digger and holed up in Scotland's Secret bunker for 3 days.

He also tried to rob the petrol station while wearing his motor bike helmet ..... with his name on the front of it!

Can't really think of any more crimes here though, successful or unsuccessful.

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

"yesterday our local sub post office was robbed .

today our general post office had its ATM ripped out the wall (cash machine )

shop owner had his wallet nicked while serving .

3 ladies bags grabbed in the high street

what are our towns turning into ?

is it the tory cut backs ? etc or is it just a massive society melt down

your thoughts on all this and our towns please"

Please tell me this didn't all happen in Falkirk ???

over a year ago

That must be a quiet wee place u live in u should try living in greenock most junkies per population in scotland a murder every 2nd week or less used to be a great wee town now its just drugs and violence everywer u go.

over a year ago

"Not sure its just Tory cut backs if I'm honest, we were pretty much in the shit before them and the liberals whacked up together - but don't want to turn this political so will stop there.

In terms of robbery etc, its always been an element of society and will continue to be. We've had the Krays, the ice cream wars, the tongs and loads of other gangsters since the year dot. I think you hear about more stuff now as information is readily available within seconds - facebook, twitter, on line news websites, 24hr news channels.

Would love to think that there was a period of the "good old days" but I've long given up on that now lol"

Wholeheartedly agree with your comments on the media aspect

over a year ago

In a time me recession I don't think any town is immune. There is generally 2 types of criminal. The opportunist petty thief who steals for himself to pay the bills or feed his habit. Theo the organised gangs who make a living from crime. Sounds like the OP MIGHT be a combination me both types.

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

I was a student in Glasgow in the sixties/seventies and it was common for people to leave the house keys dangling on a string behind the letterbox......dare anyone to try that now.

Eighties/nineties kids were growing up experimenting with drugs etc but now they are parents with illegal substances being the norm in the household.

So yes its a mega social meltdown.Parents of these cretins always love to fall back on political failings rather than face up to thier own.

What the hell lets blame Bob Diamond.

over a year ago

Here are some numbers from the Scottish government:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2012/06/1698/4

It looks like the number of (recorded) crimes in Scotland has actually decreased a lot over the last 20 years. Over the last three years the decrease seems to have stopped, and the crime rate has stabilized. That might have something to do with the recession, or it might not.

From my own country I know that if the police gets more effective in the cities, the criminals make a trip to the countryside. Maybe that's why you're seeing more in Fallkirk these days.

over a year ago

You cant blame any government for some asshole committing a crime they know right from wrong. I'm not a lover of the tory's or lib dems or even labour still cant blame them for others going out stealing

Post new Message to Thread