Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Tax credits and childcare

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone else found major issues with these in recent weeks?

We get about 30% of our childcare costs to help but after one of our costs quadrupled for the summer holidays we are now paying £411 per week for our kids childcare (2 kids). We updated the details and now get a very useful £14 a week!!

How can they expect people to be able to survive when they are paying out close to £400 a week?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is it worth you working ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

it could be a very opionated topic. Admittidly it isnt easy. I work full time but we need to surivive on the one wage childcare would cost more than what would be earned.

If neither of us worked we woudnt need to worry about council tax rent etc. The harder you work the less help you get when you genuinely need it.

Im not saying benefits is a lifestyle choice as ive been there too when i was out of work.

Its just a flawed system.

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

"Is it worth you working ?"

this is exactly what's wrong with this country

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's wrong with my comment ?

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

nothing at all, and it's very valid.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok , I think lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

£400 a week.... Holy Fuck. Is that 2 kids in childcare full time? I'm to the understanding that you should get up to 70% of your child care costs.... Of course that depends on your joint earnings.

It could also be if you have had over payments last year and now they are trying to get it back?

Maybe call them and go through all your details etc, costs, earnings, hours worked etc... There may be a mistake somewhere

Good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it is for the duration of the school holidays

Surely you can query the reason behind the X4 increase. bit of a kick between the legs to recieve such a paltry amount.

Reply privately

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

would it be worth your while finding a fulltime nanny instead. friend of my daughters went to australia as one last year she only got £200 per week plus board.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very cheeky here but ... your getting child care allowance, why was that brought in? Was it cos after the war we needed to produce more kids, hence the government helped pay for them? (well the tax payer)

Do i get any government bonuses for not having children, who wont then buy cars and wont pollute the world? Doubtful, just intrigued when this was brought in and why?

Reply privately

over a year ago

you have them ,you pay for them !! dont expectthe state to fund you the sooner child benefit is done away with the better ,money could be pt to better use

Reply privately

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

Fuck me - I thought all the Facists belonged to another thread about marches!!

Of course the state should help with child-care. Otherwise we would have very productive parents (women especially) with lots to contribute to this country through their skills, knowledge and experience stuck at home.

I find the attitudes of folks with no kids remarkable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Child care costs are mental and help is needed, in the day of the wars, you neevr had all these nurserys open, women didnt work, everything was different.

In this day and age, if your family cant help, you do have to rely on child care and the cost of child care can be more than your wages.

In all these years wages have never went up the same way, insurance costs, tv licences and everything else has inflated.

Plus why shouldnt the state help children? They help junkies, and all the lazy ass fuckers that want to sit on there asses all day.

So why not help people who do actually want to do a hard days work!!!!!!

I would call and double check, but as far as I know, im sure your supposed to give your years total including estimate costs for all holidays, then that helps you to prepare for the years costs. I've no idea why they would put it down if it was higher before and your actual costs are higher now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you have them ,you pay for them !! dont expectthe state to fund you the sooner child benefit is done away with the better ,money could be pt to better use "
. Maybe if help was not given then some parents might decide not to work & get other benifits costing the tax payer more than helping out hard working familys.if people didnt have children where would the next tax payer come from & pension contributions to pay your old age pension

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

I find the attitudes of folks with no kids remarkable. "

why? are we not allowed one if they are different

This is going to be an interesting thread, we will have plenty galore speaking up for it, much lesser speaking against it....

reason for less, will not be that there is no one against it, just worried they get blocked and no shag.

I think people jump in and have kids far too early and do not financially prepare to be able to cope for the next 20 years, sadly for some their circumstances change due to bereavement, separation or redundancy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As a single parent with one income, no maintenance I have managed most of my childrens lifes without claiming tax credit, I was extremely gratefull for it when due to my eldest ill health it allowed me to reduce my hours for a year till she recovered.

I dont think anyone should rely on goverment payments and sorry OP but certainly not object when they dont meet your child care costs.

In my opinion any benefit should be there for genuine hard times not as a weekly or monthly income supplement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

we ARE financially stable, and were when we had our kids. we own our house, however, can any of you afford council tax, mortage, food and bills aswell as pay out £200 a week for atleast one childs nursery place? Thats an outgoing of £800 a month all because you want to work

no would be the answer hence why child tax credits are there in the first place. jesus, as i said, you just cannot win when it comes to those who dont have kids..or those who have done a runner from them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Working Family Tax credit and Child Care tax credit were bought in to get people back into work. Its different to child benefit.

It was bought in to help those with kids, off all ages to get back to work. Previously, people with kids were finding that the cost of child care was too expensive… Its approx £3 to £4 an hour per kid. Family of 2 kids would mean at least £6 an hour. Thats possibly what a lot of people earn as its around minimum wage.

Its cheaper for the government to help with childcare than it is to pay for them to be on the dole. It gets people into work, in the system and feel they are contributing to the system rather than been sat at home with the rest of the Jezza kyle fodder.

Those on minimum wage can get a substantial amount a month to help, those earning more, get considerably less.

So, even those with no kids, or dont want kids…. you are paying for people to get WTC and CTC but if you werent, you would probably be paying their council tax,housing rent, dole etc etc….

Steve

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"we ARE financially stable, and were when we had our kids. we own our house, however, can any of you afford council tax, mortage, food and bills aswell as pay out £200 a week for atleast one childs nursery place? Thats an outgoing of £800 a month all because you want to work

no would be the answer hence why child tax credits are there in the first place. jesus, as i said, you just cannot win when it comes to those who dont have kids..or those who have done a runner from them"

yeah I own my home, pay council tax, utilities and food from one salary and pay £300 per month to board my dogs at a day kennel, so probably similar to your expenditure from 2 salaries..

I just gave my opinion and resect yours.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Working Family Tax credit and Child Care tax credit were bought in to get people back into work. Its different to child benefit.

It was bought in to help those with kids, off all ages to get back to work. Previously, people with kids were finding that the cost of child care was too expensive… Its approx £3 to £4 an hour per kid. Family of 2 kids would mean at least £6 an hour. Thats possibly what a lot of people earn as its around minimum wage.

Its cheaper for the government to help with childcare than it is to pay for them to be on the dole. It gets people into work, in the system and feel they are contributing to the system rather than been sat at home with the rest of the Jezza kyle fodder.

Those on minimum wage can get a substantial amount a month to help, those earning more, get considerably less.

So, even those with no kids, or dont want kids…. you are paying for people to get WTC and CTC but if you werent, you would probably be paying their council tax,housing rent, dole etc etc….

Steve"

I agree, I didn't say I was against it

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

respect*

Reply privately

over a year ago

its also worth noting that when families are recieving childcare tax credits they are always contributng to their nursery fees themselves, its not 100% paid for them. Also, the amount is reduced every year whilst nursery fees are raised, hence why so many working families are forced into giving up work and signing on. thankfully we are not at that stage yet, but thousands are...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"yeah I own my home, pay council tax, utilities and food from one salary and pay £300 per month to board my dogs at a day kennel, so probably similar to your expenditure from 2 salaries..

I just gave my opinion and respect yours."

sorry but £300 per month is a heck of a lot less than £800 per month...

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"yeah I own my home, pay council tax, utilities and food from one salary and pay £300 per month to board my dogs at a day kennel, so probably similar to your expenditure from 2 salaries..

I just gave my opinion and respect yours.

sorry but £300 per month is a heck of a lot less than £800 per month... "

apologies, I assumed you had 2 salaries

Reply privately

over a year ago

"apologies, I assumed you had 2 salaries"

and two children....so its still more, not to mention dog food is cheaper, dogs dont require clothing and nappies (well i know some people do put clothes on dogs lol)

without sounding a complete bitch, i dont think you can really compare the price of keeping dogs to the price of children x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Been a registered child minder could be lucrative BTW….

Those that live in an area of high demand, ie where lots of people working, either affluent or using CTC can look after up to six kids. £200 + for each kid (assuming full time). Its not tax free… but the aim of any child minder will be to pay as little tax as they can. If they have their own kids, they can work, earn good money and not have to pay for child care themselves.

Steve

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"apologies, I assumed you had 2 salaries

and two children....so its still more, not to mention dog food is cheaper, dogs dont require clothing and nappies (well i know some people do put clothes on dogs lol)

without sounding a complete bitch, i dont think you can really compare the price of keeping dogs to the price of children x"

I dont think you are sounding like a complete bitch but you posted asking for opinions, people gave them. You then lambasted them for it...

I didn't say I was against it, I think people could financially prepare more.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For a full time place at a private nursery for 1 child....obviously depending on the nursery as each chanrges a different fee depending on the area.....

our local nursery for a full time place is £ 870 per month.....thats for 1 child .... This is exactly why tax credits are needed to allow parents to work rather than be on the dole etc....

Not everyone has family prepared to muck in and help with looking after kids...

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"For a full time place at a private nursery for 1 child....obviously depending on the nursery as each chanrges a different fee depending on the area.....

our local nursery for a full time place is £ 870 per month.....thats for 1 child .... This is exactly why tax credits are needed to allow parents to work rather than be on the dole etc....

Not everyone has family prepared to muck in and help with looking after kids...

"

it is a lot of money Jo..

Reply privately

over a year ago

exactly, mega bucks. the only drawback to that though is they must be registered as a legal childminder and the vast majority of them are through agencies.

We looked at having a full time nanny for the wee guy and for the eldest when the schools are off, but they needed upfront payments which were the agencies finder fees, and a months wages upfront. you then need to pay another company to provide their wage slips and they also deal with their tax, they also dont do that for free. Petrol costs and the addition costs for things like swimming etc too. Believe it or not, just for the nanny, the fees of the agency and payslip compnay we were £40 a week more than the nursery

The council nurseries do run a scheme for kids when they are 3, you get 15 hours free at the nurseries but these are only a select few nurseries and the places are limited. Whilst next year we would be eligeble for that, we probably wont get it.

nurseries make serious money, they charge a fortune yet pay their staff minimum wage. #goldmines

An idea for the government would be to possibly introduce a fees cap for these nurseries. But that would be too sensible..

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

A couple on the dole with 2 kids in a private let could average £600 a month rent £120 council tax dole and tax credits £200 per week? = £920 paid out and no income tax NI contributed by them so why is it then so wrong to give some money back to the couples who do have jobs and are struggling to survive?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/12 21:25:25]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A couple on the dole with 2 kids in a private let could average £600 a month rent £120 council tax dole and tax credits £200 per week? = £920 paid out and no income tax NI contributed by them so why is it then so wrong to give some money back to the couples who do have jobs and are struggling to survive?"

tottaly agree

Reply privately

By *oversforfun2000Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

I am the same with the childcare issue although we are lucky enough that my parents watch them for us to work otherwise we would be over 1000 to have the 3 of them watched between nursery and after school care. If that was the case it wouldn't be viable for us both to work so I thank god for my parents......The major issue isn't the tax credits which are a great thing its the prices private nurseries charge they are an absolute disgrace!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am the same with the childcare issue although we are lucky enough that my parents watch them for us to work otherwise we would be over 1000 to have the 3 of them watched between nursery and after school care. If that was the case it wouldn't be viable for us both to work so I thank god for my parents......The major issue isn't the tax credits which are a great thing its the prices private nurseries charge they are an absolute disgrace!! "

Agree'd...private nurserys esp and astronomical.....

many are a buisness to the people running them also....

Reply privately

over a year ago

two kids in full time school but requiring before and after school care and then full time care during holidays = £11,500 per annum ( I worked it out )

travel to and from glasgow £2,000 per annum

tax and national insurance per annum (roughly) £3,000

totals £16,500

average admin role in glasgow paying at the moment £17,000 ...........

no family local as we're up here with patch's job and anyhow both my parents work full time.

can't do evening and weekend work as patch's job means he isn't here on an irregular basis

we aren't entitled to CTC or WTC ...... so I guess I'll sit here and let my brain stew ...................

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you have them ,you pay for them !! dont expectthe state to fund you the sooner child benefit is done away with the better ,money could be pt to better use "

Kind of agree. Why should I help pay for other peoples kids

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mum of 3 here....

Both work and thank god for my mum

Auds xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cheers mate if you work it should be stopped and to previous posters who said I didn't have kids? Fact is can't support them the don't work and take

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

It will be the kids of today who will pay your pensions, put you to bed, feed you, dress you and ultimately care for you.... In your dotage?

Do you expect the state to fund your care home when you're brain has rotted and body failing?

Have you 'prepared' for your care home costs?

Reply privately

over a year ago

catch 22....

childcare means people can work....

if they cant work...

they are then on benefits.....

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"

The council nurseries do run a scheme for kids when they are 3, you get 15 hours free at the nurseries but these are only a select few nurseries and the places are limited. Whilst next year we would be eligeble for that, we probably wont get it.

"

Can I just say that it's not just council nurseries .... ALL nurseries or pre-school establishments must offer the same. The 15 hours is paid for by the government.

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"Cheers mate if you work it should be stopped and to previous posters who said I didn't have kids? Fact is can't support them the don't work and take "

Are you saying that if people are struggling to afford child care while they work that they should give up work and claim benefits???

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cheers mate if you work it should be stopped and to previous posters who said I didn't have kids? Fact is can't support them the don't work and take

Are you saying that if people are struggling to afford child care while they work that they should give up work and claim benefits??? "

Benefits should be stopped aswell for jobless people so that wouldn't be an option if I had my way

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

imagine the nurseries would be glad to take the guaranteed money. I'd look into this

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"Cheers mate if you work it should be stopped and to previous posters who said I didn't have kids? Fact is can't support them the don't work and take

Are you saying that if people are struggling to afford child care while they work that they should give up work and claim benefits???

Benefits should be stopped aswell for jobless people so that wouldn't be an option if I had my way"

How do you expect people to live if they are actively searching for work where there are very few positions for 100's of applicants?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Benefits should be stopped aswell for jobless people so that wouldn't be an option if I had my way"

so you propose no childcare help...no benefits....so how do people do people have kids...how do people live....????

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

Benefits should be stopped aswell for jobless people so that wouldn't be an option if I had my way

How do you expect people to live if they are actively searching for work where there are very few positions for 100's of applicants?"

awaiting the answer to this with great interest. Although funny feeling it'll be dissapointing

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you expect people to live if they are actively searching for work where there are very few positions for 100's of applicants?

awaiting the answer to this with great interest. Although funny feeling it'll be dissapointing"

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you expect people to live if they are actively searching for work where there are very few positions for 100's of applicants?"

I know someone who hasn't had a job in 2 years. Won't work for minimum wage and has no interest in a job. Anyone on benefits should get a one strike rule. Even if working a 40 hour week only makes you a fiver better off if they reject that they should be stopped. People just dot want to work. Te piles seem to find work no bother over here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know someone who hasn't had a job in 2 years. Won't work for minimum wage and has no interest in a job. Anyone on benefits should get a one strike rule. Even if working a 40 hour week only makes you a fiver better off if they reject that they should be stopped. People just dot want to work. Te piles seem to find work no bother over here."

Ok...what about the people that want to work that need childcare....yer you want that removed as you dont want to pay for it.....makes no sence......

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

I know someone who hasn't had a job in 2 years. Won't work for minimum wage and has no interest in a job. Anyone on benefits should get a one strike rule. Even if working a 40 hour week only makes you a fiver better off if they reject that they should be stopped. People just dot want to work. Te piles seem to find work no bother over here."

I'm sorry, that doesn't answer my question. How do you propose that jobseekers support themselves while actively looking for employment that they have little chance of gaining due to the high number of applicants?

Reply privately

over a year ago

and would also like to add nowt like stereotyping..........

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know someone who hasn't had a job in 2 years. Won't work for minimum wage and has no interest in a job. Anyone on benefits should get a one strike rule. Even if working a 40 hour week only makes you a fiver better off if they reject that they should be stopped. People just dot want to work. Te piles seem to find work no bother over here.

I'm sorry, that doesn't answer my question. How do you propose that jobseekers support themselves while actively looking for employment that they have little chance of gaining due to the high number of applicants?"

Looking ? Most aren't. They just blame they big bad poles for stealing there jobs as an excuse for them not getting any. I don't see much unemployed polish people over here. They are willing to do anything to make money doesn't matter which job. The Brits won't do anything they just keep waiting till a good job. Anyone on job seekers allowance for any longer than a month isn't trying hard enough for a job Or they would have found one

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

just knew you wouldn't let me down

Reply privately

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Reply privately

over a year ago

just knew you wouldn't let me down "

I also know someone when out of work

Tried to sign on but was knocked

Back as had to much savings in his bank. So since he didn't go and blow

His money and be sensible with it he was penilised. 2 weeks later he was cleaning toilets. He's a joiner but done that for 2 months until a better one came up. Most ppl just aren't willing to do that

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

I'm sorry, that doesn't answer my question. How do you propose that jobseekers support themselves while actively looking for employment that they have little chance of gaining due to the high number of applicants?

Looking ? Most aren't. They just blame they big bad poles for stealing there jobs as an excuse for them not getting any. I don't see much unemployed polish people over here. They are willing to do anything to make money doesn't matter which job. The Brits won't do anything they just keep waiting till a good job. Anyone on job seekers allowance for any longer than a month isn't trying hard enough for a job Or they would have found one "

I was on jobseekers for 6 months before I managed to get a job, and believe me I was looking. Unfortunately, I had to consider my children in the equation with regards to shift work, plus what jobs I was actually qualified to do. Never mind the fact that at the time, my husband was in another country serving his country.

Your proposal would mean that I would have been left without any money even though I was actively looking for a job.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. I am the one working, my husband is no longer in the forces and has been looking for a job since December. His JSA has been stopped, shall I tell you why? Because I work 2 hours over what the deem suitable to allow him to collect any benefits.

I don't even work full time, not even 30 hours a week. Benefits are granted on how much you earn anymore, it's all about how many hours you work so you are damned either way.

Have you ever tried to feed a family of 4, clothe them, pay a mortgage, bills etc on less than £10k a year? Cos I can tell you, it's soul destroying.

If I was to give up work, the social would pay half of my mortgage, the council tax would be paid, my kids would get free school meals, plus countless other "benefits".

So don't sit there and make out to me that the government helping working parents with a few ££ a week towards childcare (which incidentally creates more jobs for people) is draining the system the same way that arse lazy junkies and alcoholics do.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Oh yeah so only the rich should have kids then? what an attitude.

I agree in some way about the dole as there are a lot of folk round here and able bodied that I have never known to work and never will so why should we pay for them.

Society would collapse in a few yrs if hardworking cpls were punished for having kids.

I for one dont mind my taxes going to this as its better spent there than bailing out big intsitutions whose greed fucked us all and still is.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

[Removed by poster at 10/07/12 22:25:42]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looking ? Most aren't. They just blame they big bad poles for stealing there jobs as an excuse for them not getting any. I don't see much unemployed polish people over here. They are willing to do anything to make money doesn't matter which job. The Brits won't do anything they just keep waiting till a good job. Anyone on job seekers allowance for any longer than a month isn't trying hard enough for a job Or they would have found one

I was on jobseekers for 6 months before I managed to get a job, and believe me I was looking. Unfortunately, I had to consider my children in the equation with regards to shift work, plus what jobs I was actually qualified to do. Never mind the fact that at the time, my husband was in another country serving his country.

Your proposal would mean that I would have been left without any money even though I was actively looking for a job.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. I am the one working, my husband is no longer in the forces and has been looking for a job since December. His JSA has been stopped, shall I tell you why? Because I work 2 hours over what the deem suitable to allow him to collect any benefits.

I don't even work full time, not even 30 hours a week. Benefits are granted on how much you earn anymore, it's all about how many hours you work so you are damned either way.

Have you ever tried to feed a family of 4, clothe them, pay a mortgage, bills etc on less than £10k a year? Cos I can tell you, it's soul destroying.

If I was to give up work, the social would pay half of my mortgage, the council tax would be paid, my kids would get free school meals, plus countless other "benefits".

So don't sit there and make out to me that the government helping working parents with a few ££ a week towards childcare (which incidentally creates more jobs for people) is draining the system the same way that arse lazy junkies and alcoholics do.

"

I couldn't afford to feed a family of 4 so I wouldn't put myself in that situation. However I pay a mortgage bills etc all on my own wage with no help from anyone.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Would you like to watch the kids starve?

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"

I couldn't afford to feed a family of 4 so I wouldn't put myself in that situation. However I pay a mortgage bills etc all on my own wage with no help from anyone. "

My family was 4 before my husband left the forces, he was earning adequate wages to cover our necessities and then some.

Circumstances change, sometimes outwith our control. Are we to be punished for that as well?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I couldn't afford to feed a family of 4 so I wouldn't put myself in that situation. However I pay a mortgage bills etc all on my own wage with no help from anyone.

My family was 4 before my husband left the forces, he was earning adequate wages to cover our necessities and then some.

Circumstances change, sometimes outwith our control. Are we to be punished for that as well?"

Put money aside like most do. Was he forced out the forces ? You don't leave a job unless you have one to walk into. Common sense really. If my

Situation changes should I get

Help to pay my mortgage my car etc ?

No and I wouldn't expect it either. That's what savings accounts are for

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Circumstances change, sometimes outwith our control. Are we to be punished for that as well?

Put money aside like most do. Was he forced out the forces ? You don't leave a job unless you have one to walk into. Common sense really. If my

No and I wouldn't expect it either. That's what savings accounts are for "

You'll you'll Be going 'private health's then Or are you going to leech off the nhs?

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"

No and I wouldn't expect it either. That's what savings accounts are for "

savings all used up .... what do you propose now?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You'll you'll Be going 'private health's then Or are you going to leech off the nhs? "

I'm private. Private pension aswell before you say that. Started 2 years ago through my work. And leech of the nhs ? Even if I wasn't private I wouldn't be leaching as I pay national insurance every month. It's a service I pay for that I choose not to use.

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

oh, and he did have a job lined up for when he came out. Didn't work out, hence he's still actively looking. Along with a few inter_iews under his belt but no guarantee of a job.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"

You'll you'll Be going 'private health's then Or are you going to leech off the nhs?

I'm private. Private pension aswell before you say that. Started 2 years ago through my work. And leech of the nhs ? Even if I wasn't private I wouldn't be leaching as I pay national insurance every month. It's a service I pay for that I choose not to use. "

Are you a banker by any chance? as you seem to have the same F**k you Jack Im alright attitude that that shower of greedy Bastards that fucked the world economy

Reply privately

over a year ago

As life evolves....you get married...have kids etc.....we shall see what happens to said person......

Private health care for you and the kids...

childcare...

mortgage

bills

etc etc....

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

I'm private. Private pension aswell before you say that. Started 2 years ago through my work. And leech of the nhs ? Even if I wasn't private I wouldn't be leaching as I pay national insurance every month. It's a service I pay for that I choose not to use. "

Your civic service is noted.

However the NHS is the provider of last resort when the private system screws up...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm private. Private pension aswell before you say that. Started 2 years ago through my work. And leech of the nhs ? Even if I wasn't private I wouldn't be leaching as I pay national insurance every month. It's a service I pay for that I choose not to use.

Are you a banker by any chance? as you seem to have the same F**k you Jack Im alright attitude that that shower of greedy Bastards that fucked the world economy "

Nope I'm in the engineering trade. Month on month off. And the only reason I'm private as my company pay for it. When at work Im not working anywhere near Britain bus as I stay here x amount of the year I still have to pay taxes here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Your civic service is noted.

However the NHS is the provider of last resort when the private system screws up...

"

Only reason I'm private is because my work pays it. I contribute national insurance every month so it's not like I'd be getting something for free

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"

Are you a banker by any chance? as you seem to have the same F**k you Jack Im alright attitude that that shower of greedy Bastards that fucked the world economy

Nope I'm in the engineering trade. Month on month off. And the only reason I'm private as my company pay for it. When at work Im not working anywhere near Britain bus as I stay here x amount of the year I still have to pay taxes here. "

Then as you are out of the UK for 6 months a year surely you pay little or no tax

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Only reason I'm private is because my work pays it. I contribute national insurance every month so it's not like I'd be getting something for free "

Rearrange -

Fall pride before comes a

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nope I'm in the engineering trade. Month on month off. And the only reason I'm private as my company pay for it. When at work Im not working anywhere near Britain bus as I stay here x amount of the year I still have to pay taxes here.

Then as you are out of the UK for 6 months a year surely you pay little or no tax"

No as I am still a resident here I still get taxed full. It works out I'm here around 3 weeks more than I'm away so I'm still fully taxed on all earnings.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Peoples circumstances change.If yours change, I hope you get more compassion than your giving out now.

Doesnt matter how much money someone has now, or how much savings they have…. sometimes things happen that turn everything upside down and you have fuck all.

You will soon be looking for the tax payer to support you then eh?

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"Peoples circumstances change.If yours change, I hope you get more compassion than your giving out now.

Doesnt matter how much money someone has now, or how much savings they have…. sometimes things happen that turn everything upside down and you have fuck all.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Peoples circumstances change.If yours change, I hope you get more compassion than your giving out now.

"

Would the tax payer pay my mortgage ?

My car ? The answer is no. So no I wouldn't be looking for them to support me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My car ? The answer is no. So no I wouldn't be looking for them to support me. "

Things can happen is life and you have no choice.....it happens....you cant ever say you wont ever need the help of tax payers cos things can happen in life...

for example you have an accident and cant work....

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"

Exactly

A friend of my brother had his own businness own home doing well then due to circumstances outwith his control he lost everything hit rock bottom and comitted suicide

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

My car ? The answer is no. So no I wouldn't be looking for them to support me. "

Actually, yes! If you claim JSA then you are entitled to get the interest on your mortgage paid.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually, yes! If you claim JSA then you are entitled to get the interest on your mortgage paid."

I wouldn't be entitled to jsa. What about my car would I get help with that ?

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

why wouldn't you be entitled to jsa?

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

Actually, yes! If you claim JSA then you are entitled to get the interest on your mortgage paid.

I wouldn't be entitled to jsa. What about my car would I get help with that ? "

a car is a luxury so i'm gonna guess no on that one.

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Would the tax payer pay my mortgage ?

They do if you bank with RBS or any bank that has accepted bail out money. .

Never heard of The Mortgage Rescue scheme??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never heard of The Mortgage Rescue scheme??"

Did Lloyds accept bail out money ? Not sure if they did tbh

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't be entitled to jsa. What about my car would I get help with that ?

a car is a luxury so i'm gonna guess no on that one."

So basicly a car was my choice for extra out going. Just like kids

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

Did Lloyds accept bail out money ? Not sure if they did tbh "

stop putting words in peoples mouths! That wasn't what was said .... you mentioned Lloyds, no one else.

Stop making out you are holier than thou!

Kids are not a luxury, believe me. But I'm damn sure they are a necessity .... for the future of this country, for the world! What would happen if people didn't have more children?

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

can think of two people who shouldn't have had a kid

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"can think of two people who shouldn't have had a kid "

Reply privately

over a year ago

stop putting words in peoples mouths! That wasn't what was said .... you mentioned Lloyds, no one else.

Kids are not a luxury, believe me. But I'm damn sure they are a necessity .... for the future of this country, for the world! What would happen if people didn't have more children?

"

The planet is over populated enough. If every couple just had one the world would still develop fine in numbers. Everyone over the age of 25 seems to have a kid. Usually single parents aswell. I'm not holier than thou. Just don't see why I should pay money for something that people choose to have.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The planet is over populated enough. If every couple just had one the world would still develop fine in numbers. Everyone over the age of 25 seems to have a kid. Usually single parents aswell. I'm not holier than thou. Just don't see why I should pay money for something that people choose to have. "

bit narrow minded.....

steriotypical......

Reply privately

over a year ago

I certainly won't be scrounging of the state when/if I ever decide to have one

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"

The planet is over populated enough. If every couple just had one the world would still develop fine in numbers. Everyone over the age of 25 seems to have a kid. Usually single parents aswell. I'm not holier than thou. Just don't see why I should pay money for something that people choose to have. "

so you would rather your taxes went towards keeping dole dossers in the style to which they have become accustomed? Cos that's what a previous poster said that parent's should do when they can't afford to pay for childcare ... become dole dossers!

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

oh, and if this isn't your alternative can you tell me what is?

Bearing in mind that there are children's lives and well being at stake here. We aren't talking hypothetical, still to be conceived children. I mean real live, running about, growing, eating children that need food and clothes and love and support.

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"can think of two people who shouldn't have had a kid

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

head banging brick and wall lil....

just let life happen and all will become clear

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The planet is over populated enough. If every couple just had one the world would still develop fine in numbers. Everyone over the age of 25 seems to have a kid. Usually single parents aswell. I'm not holier than thou. Just don't see why I should pay money for something that people choose to have.

so you would rather your taxes went towards keeping dole dossers in the style to which they have become accustomed? Cos that's what a previous poster said that parent's should do when they can't afford to pay for childcare ... become dole dossers!"

Read up and you will find as soon as they turn down a job they shouldn't get a penny. Poles seem to find work no problem over here. There willing to do anything though to make money. After a month on the dole they should be out working for there dole money. If they don't turn up they don't get there dole money

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"

so you would rather your taxes went towards keeping dole dossers in the style to which they have become accustomed? Cos that's what a previous poster said that parent's should do when they can't afford to pay for childcare ... become dole dossers!

Read up and you will find as soon as they turn down a job they shouldn't get a penny. Poles seem to find work no problem over here. There willing to do anything though to make money. After a month on the dole they should be out working for there dole money. If they don't turn up they don't get there dole money "

read my follow up to that one please

Reply privately

over a year ago

"oh, and if this isn't your alternative can you tell me what is?

Bearing in mind that there are children's lives and well being at stake here. We aren't talking hypothetical, still to be conceived children. I mean real live, running about, growing, eating children that need food and clothes and love and support."

Be responsible for your actions. People who had them need to be responsible for them. Most spend the cash on fags etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bearing in mind that there are children's lives and well being at stake here. We aren't talking hypothetical, still to be conceived children. I mean real live, running about, growing, eating children that need food and clothes and love and support.

Be responsible for your actions. People who had them need to be responsible for them. Most spend the cash on fags etc "

stereotypes again....

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

Be responsible for your actions. People who had them need to be responsible for them. Most spend the cash on fags etc "

But not all .... stereotyping again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be responsible for your actions. People who had them need to be responsible for them. Most spend the cash on fags etc

But not all .... stereotyping again?"

snap

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

Also, you said as soon as they turn down a job they should have their benefits stopped. What happens if they go for apply for jobs and don't get inter_iewed? Or get inter_iewed but don't get offered the job?

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

I certainly won't be scrounging of the state when/if I ever decide to have one "

wouldn't that require two people??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also, you said as soon as they turn down a job they should have their benefits stopped. What happens if they go for apply for jobs and don't get inter_iewed? Or get inter_iewed but don't get offered the job?"

Well if they don't get offered the job they haven't turned one down have they ?

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"Also, you said as soon as they turn down a job they should have their benefits stopped. What happens if they go for apply for jobs and don't get inter_iewed? Or get inter_iewed but don't get offered the job?

Well if they don't get offered the job they haven't turned one down have they ? "

and if this keeps happening because all the Polish folk get the job?

Reply privately

over a year ago

wouldn't that require two people?? "

Clever one you eh ? Maybe that's why you scrounge of the state and I don't. Il add a wee face to make it better aswell

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Your Possible Pasts

"

Of their possible future, to take care.

In derelict sidings the poppies entwine 

With cattle trucks lying in wait for the next time. 

"

R.Waters

Reply privately

over a year ago

If only life was as perfect and straight forward.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

" not to mention dog food is cheaper"

That depends where you shop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And dogs are better behaved.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And dogs are better behaved."

dogs are better behaved that some on ere

Reply privately

over a year ago

lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And dogs are better behaved.

dogs are better behaved that some on ere "

kids are better behaved than some too. lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And dogs are better behaved.

dogs are better behaved that some on ere

kids are better behaved than some too. lol"

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

Clever one you eh ? Maybe that's why you scrounge of the state and I don't. Il add a wee face to make it better aswell "

we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed

Reply privately

over a year ago

And with that, it's off to bed after my checklist.

Methadone..........check

Nicotine patches.........check

Walking sticks I don't need but gets me more dosh.........check

Superlager.........check

Must remember to brush my teeth. Night all xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clever one you eh ? Maybe that's why you scrounge of the state and I don't. Il add a wee face to make it better aswell

we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed"

It's a double . Might tuck myself in soon though some of us are going on our 5 holiday of the year tommorow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed"

lol, stop it.

You'll get a slap on the wrist and put on the naughty step.

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

have a great time we'll all really miss you

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

"we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed

lol, stop it.

You'll get a slap on the wrist and put on the naughty step."

hopefully xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Might tuck myself in soon though some of us are going on our 5 holiday of the year tommorow. "

Sorry to say that Butlins has been downgraded to 4

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed

lol, stop it.

You'll get a slap on the wrist and put on the naughty step."

that actually made me LOL literally _hickencurry

Reply privately

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

U missed his other post - wank is away on a ferry with a goat and flute

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

It's a double . Might tuck myself in soon though some of us are going on our 5 holiday of the year tommorow. "

Spoken like a true child of Thatcher.

"There is no such thing a society"

(except behind the walls of my gated community)

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

lol, stop it.

that actually made me LOL literally _hickencurry "

yeah think you had it right about the brick wall earlier, block, ignore,smile and carry on partying

Reply privately

over a year ago

lol, stop it.

yeah think you had it right about the brick wall earlier, block, ignore,smile and carry on partying"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Seriously getting angry with this guys comments,things happen in life that u have no control over and sometimes need help and to call anyone a scrounger just shows him up as not a very nice person,and after reading his comments on this and other posts hope ppl see him for what he is which I wont say as I dont want a ban.

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

lol, stop it.

yeah think you had it right about the brick wall earlier, block, ignore,smile and carry on partying"

Now remember to make your crisis loan application for the cash. .

Reply privately

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

yeah got an appointment next day i can manage it when i'm in the country, late august. Scrounging just keeps me too busy this fiscal year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swingers Tax Credits ..When did that get introduced....

So ..ye get Money for Coffee meets,Hotel Accomodation,Socials.

Thats no a bad benefit

Aherm

Buboo

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Swingers Tax Credits ..When did that get introduced....

So ..ye get Money for Coffee meets,Hotel Accomodation,Socials.

Thats no a bad benefit

Aherm

Buboo "

Chilla 4 chancellor! !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Read up and you will find as soon as they turn down a job they shouldn't get a penny. Poles seem to find work no problem over here. There willing to do anything though to make money. After a month on the dole they should be out working for there dole money. If they don't turn up they don't get there dole money "

You will probably find that about 80% of working poles are making less than the national minimum wage btw!

And, according to you, anyone not working after a month should 'work for their dole money'!! Where are THOSE jobs going to come from??

Plus, if you WERE working, but now unemployed for whatever reasn, you are ENTITLED to claim benefits, its not a charity, its a RIGHT!!

Reply privately

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"yeah got an appointment next day i can manage it when i'm in the country, late august. Scrounging just keeps me too busy this fiscal year."

All that shoe shopping... Jimmy Choo's are just so 'in' this month.

Reply privately

over a year ago

....Im glad I was a stay at home mum......jesus

P.S. and no, not on benefits lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seriously getting angry with this guys comments,things happen in life that u have no control over and sometimes need help and to call anyone a scrounger just shows him up as not a very nice person,and after reading his comments on this and other posts hope ppl see him for what he is which I wont say as I dont want a ban."

íf you read all the posts there is a lot of streotyping and name calling going on

Reply privately

By *z ThongzWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

we're state scroungers, whatever voice in your head that gave you that idea is mistaken. Maybe your tired and should tuck yourself into your single bed

It's a double . Might tuck myself in soon though some of us are going on our 5 holiday of the year tommorow. "

At 27 years old i am sure life holds a lot more in store for you , enjoy ur holiday , lets hope u dont have a nasty accident and become wheelchair bound and unable to work .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeh yeh well known fact those who don't work and have kids are much better off than those who do work

Re child care I think you should call as its 90% towards child care they pay

Reply privately

By *ob and angelaCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 11/07/12 03:34:53]

Reply privately

over a year ago

glasgow

It's not 90 it used to be then Mr Cameron came in and reduced it to 70% and that is dependent on how much you earn not how much the fees are if we were claim child care fees we would only get on average about 40% which leaves a hell of alot to make up.

There are far too many ppl judging others on here you would think what with the lifestyle we choose to take part in there would be less of it!!

As for the poster who has the brilliant life with 5 holidays a year, good on you well done for being lucky enough to have the chance to do that not everyone is, and for your info I have a HNC and completed 3 yrs at uni b4 circumstances changed and I had to leave and the job I am doing now is cleaning so that I can pay for my 3 kids but I don't think we are wrong for wanting help that we contribute to with our taxes!!

Reply privately

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 11/07/12 10:34:58]

Reply privately

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

The ironic thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if tax credits had helped push up childcare fees to the high levels that they're at now. Don't know what the solution is though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

glasgow

"The ironic thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if tax credits had helped push up childcare fees to the high levels that they're at now. Don't know what the solution is though."

Totally agree really don't know what the answer is myself I just know judging ppl who are in a worse off situation than ourselves is not the answer. Until ppl know all the circumstances in each situation we really shouldn't judge!! xx

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

At 27 years old i am sure life holds a lot more in store for you , enjoy ur holiday , lets hope u dont have a nasty accident and become wheelchair bound and unable to work . "

Reply privately

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

I have read all this and all I can say is anyone needing a cheap unregistered childminder lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I shouldn't have looked at this thread, I thought it would give me some info.

Just back from the dole office and have never felt so disheartened in my life.

Begging for a pittance to support myself and my child while looking for work is bad enough, but to read the attitude of some here beggars belief.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So many personal _iew and opinions but I guess when u start talking about kids it can't help but become personal. I brought up my daughter on my own and I'm pretty proud of the way she's turned out if I do say so myself. I've worked all my life and sometimes 2 jobs to get by but I was lucky I had strong family support which I couldnt have coped without but I don't for one minute begrudge anyone any benefit as long as its deserved and not seen as their given right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

my childcare goes up at summer but i pay more during the rest of year so at summer im still payin the same amount? but mine is at school so that covers the shortfall during the school holidays if that makes sense to you? i pay the same every wk and this covers the extra hours during the holidays. times it makes you wonder if it worth working because your damned if u do and damned if you dont! x

Reply privately

By *ovebug3Couple
over a year ago

inverness

"Very cheeky here but ... your getting child care allowance, why was that brought in? Was it cos after the war we needed to produce more kids, hence the government helped pay for them? (well the tax payer)

Do i get any government bonuses for not having children, who wont then buy cars and wont pollute the world? Doubtful, just intrigued when this was brought in and why? "

you have no idea how hard it is for people to work with young children not everone is on big wages they are happy to work and not are scroungers

Reply privately

By *ovebug3Couple
over a year ago

inverness

get a life they are doing there best

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've got one I dont expect the state to help me subsidise it with benefits but "oh let's have kids the state will give us cash " most are unplanned anyway poor souls

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Very cheeky here but ... your getting child care allowance, why was that brought in? Was it cos after the war we needed to produce more kids, hence the government helped pay for them? (well the tax payer)

Do i get any government bonuses for not having children, who wont then buy cars and wont pollute the world? Doubtful, just intrigued when this was brought in and why? "

you have no idea how hard it is for people to work with young children not everone is on big wages they are happy to work and not are scroungers

You may not be on good wages, but may i ask why you had children if you cant support them as a couple?

I know children cost a fortune and surely you did too before becoming pregnant, i personally found the the thought too expensive to even think of bringing children up.Oh and still skint lol

Reply privately

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

What a debacle!!

Personally I know feck all about child benefits etc cos I'm a single guy with no kids. But I will say this about the comments on this thread. Every single person / couples circumstances will be different. I have every sympathy for those who chose to have kids when they were financially able to do so then fell upon hard times due to divorce, ill health, redundancy or whatever. I also think there should be a more bespoke system where someone working a small amount of hours on a high hourly rate is treated the same as someone slaving away all hours on low wages. (A return to wage based, not hour based system) Idealistic thinking? Probably.

I fully agree with government help for families, I do not want to see starving, raggedly dressed children of families who are working while prisoners watch sky. Yes each person who decides to have a child should make an honest appraisal of their circumstances to see if they can afford it. Ideally without benefits, but with benefits if needed. But they should not be penalised further down the line if things go wrong. We all know there are work shy people with kids out there, my neighbour is one. My other neighbour works hard to support his kid.

Me personally, I do not feel I am in a situation to provide for a child right now. I want to have kids one day but I will wait till I am financially able to cope. However, if at some point after that things go pear shaped, I will feel no shame in getting whatever help I can.

I suppose the crux of the matter is, whether the parents are working a bit, working really hard, scraping by or scrounging, or some other thing I have not mentioned, the kids must be looked after. They are a result of their parents decisions and not their own. Their needs are paramount and should be provided for until they are able to provide for themselves. We can argue all day about whether people should have had kids or not, but these kids are here and deserve to live, not just survive.

Just my tuppenceworth.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 12/07/12 07:39:30]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 12/07/12 07:40:17]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

3rd time

since the onset of one of the worst recessions in history (around 2007), it would be interesting how many deferred having a child due to the fact it was tough times ahead and likely to get tougher.... people in their teens, twenties who could still have children in their thirties without additional risks.

not saying it is right or wrong, just asking if there are people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not all unplanned kids are poor souls....

Kinda disgusted at some people's attitudes on here.... Oh to be so perfect....

Time to leave the convo now....

Reply privately

over a year ago

glasgow

"Not all unplanned kids are poor souls....

Time to leave the convo now...."

Totally agree think its time I stop looking at this post I am getting more and more angry at ppls holier than thou attitudes. I was brought up with a saying I live by "I am no better than anyone else but in turn no one is better than me" I think a few ppl could take a wee look at themselves and apply that saying to them!! xx

Reply privately

By *s cynicalWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Im fortunate enough not to need childcare anymore as my child is 15, when I did use it it was a godsend and enabled me to work after my husband and I split up, I work as many hrs as I can and im actively looking for full time wrk as my job hrs can vary, I informed tax credits im now working under 30 hrs ( im doing 27) and they have taken £32 a wk off me, fortunately im able to manage as I also get maintenance from my ex, tax credits enable me to pay my mortgage and bills etc, without them my wage and maintenance would cover them (just) but I wouldn't have a bean left, I also pay income tax and national ins off my wage, so im also contributing to my tax credits and others, I'd love to be in a higher income bracket but life doesn't always work out how you planned

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You may not be on good wages, but may i ask why you had children if you cant support them as a couple? "

Maybe peoples wages when they had the kids were good. Under the recent financial strain that the recession has bought us, peoples wages in real terms has dropped…. people have lost their 'normal' well paid jobs and had to take lower paid work just to bring in an income.

And lets not forget, if everyone who couldnt afford kids didnt have any, only the rich would have families. Is that the society we live in now?

Reply privately

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Not all unplanned kids are poor souls....

Time to leave the convo now...."

I agree too. I hope my point didn't come across wrong. All I meant is, everyone can have their opinion & debate about parents "suitability" as some might put it, to have kids, but the main concern is that those kids are provided for. If the parents can do it, that's ideal, much respect. If they need government help then that's fine in my book. I might grudge money to those work shy individuals, but not to their children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get the kids cleaning chimneys instead of going into childcare.

Their small size makes them the ideal choice and they'll earn you a couple of quid for fags, bucky and drugs into the bargain.

It's a win/win situation

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I've got one I dont expect the state to help me subsidise it with benefits but "oh let's have kids the state will give us cash " most are unplanned anyway poor souls"

"it"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we ARE financially stable, and were when we had our kids. we own our house, however, can any of you afford council tax, mortage, food and bills aswell as pay out £200 a week for atleast one childs nursery place? Thats an outgoing of £800 a month all because you want to work

no would be the answer hence why child tax credits are there in the first place. jesus, as i said, you just cannot win when it comes to those who dont have kids..or those who have done a runner from them"

Agrees 100% I got laid of my work just before Christmas from full time work , the only job I could get was part time my hubby works full time and the tax credits we get are a good send , I don't own my home but I rent , and if it wasent for tax credits we would be homeless , the cost of child care is an all time high , it's bloody hard for parents to live above the breadline , some of the comments from people without kids on this thread of unbelievable

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 12/07/12 12:39:27]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

changed my mind

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"changed my mind "

Spit it out man !!

Reply privately

By *ounghornycouple1988Couple
over a year ago

bathgate

I'm sorry but some _iews on are so single minded maybe some should try living a life in a family where work is hard to come by and have No choice but claim benefits because of young kids thn u would have th right to judge us.I'm usually not one to comment on such posts but people seem to think it easier to be on benefits that is not the case at all constant money worries and stress never knowing what will happen next. A family on benefits is hard not easy n gov says u get x amount a week but in reality u get lots less

Sorry if anyone disagrees but I'm telling things from what we experienced

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"changed my mind

Spit it out man !! "

have no energy so, maybe later

Reply privately

over a year ago

"changed my mind

Spit it out man !!

have no energy so, maybe later "

Post and change ya mind another few times then the thread will get too big and close….. lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

" some of the comments from people without kids on this thread of unbelievable "

That's it, have a pop at people who don't have, or have decided not to have kids.

As far as I can see on the thread they've been very supportive of the situation with a few exceptions.

And just because they have a differing opinion than yours doesn't make it any less valid.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"changed my mind

Spit it out man !!

have no energy so, maybe later

Post and change ya mind another few times then the thread will get too big and close….. lol

"

I am typing with one eye, no contact lens in and glasses that need updated... I have no hope making sense... well more than normal

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think anyone in employment would be foolish to be complacent in these tough times.

My over aching comments were one of financial planning and the deferal of having children due to the recession.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/07/12 13:13:33]

Reply privately