Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Why.....

Jump to newest

By *issBehavingxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

..if a post in a thread is offensive to someone / reported to admin etc....does the entire thread get removed??

Wouldnt it make more sense to delete just the response which is causing offence etc???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe friends in High places lol.

What where folk sayn about fake profiles and Moderators.?

Just saying like?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I posted on that one saying I didn't think the reference to a members name was appropriate in a public forum.

I also said people had very polarised _iews on the person's activities and if they had proof of wrong doing to go to admin. I was also HONEST that I had rolled my eyes and commented in private at some of the silly threads and statements made celebrating the success of certain events.

The thread was a great question 'why people do have multiple profiles' and got great answers. It then lead off to continue events from yesterday regarding a specific member. I personally think yesterday was enough and the thread remaining and not being deleted was right and fitting.There were also references to a poster who has made it very public that they are attending a festival over the weekend and very unlikely to be logged on to respond for themself

Maybe posts could have been removed but there was certainly more than just the one I thought went too far.

I am just being honest, I said it, I am putting my hand up... and that was the post that got the thread removed

By *issBehavingxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm not questioning anyone reporting anything that they feel is offensive etc...

It just annoys me that what was IMO a relevant topic gets completely deleted, rather than just having the post(s) that broke the rules deleted....

over a year ago

I think when the OP thread starts achieving some more personal leveled attacks/inappropriate comments, mods just take the easy option, and delete the entire thread..much in the same way unsuited pvt mails get deleted I suppose

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I'm not questioning anyone reporting anything that they feel is offensive etc...

It just annoys me that what was IMO a relevant topic gets completely deleted, rather than just having the post(s) that broke the rules deleted.... "

I fully appreciated that and cool that you ask.

I was just being honest.

all the best

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I posted on that one saying I didn't think the reference to a members name was appropriate in a public forum.

I also said people had very polarised _iews on the person's activities and if they had proof of wrong doing to go to admin. I was also HONEST that I had rolled my eyes and commented in private at some of the silly threads and statements made celebrating the success of certain events.

The thread was a great question 'why people do have multiple profiles' and got great answers. It then lead off to continue events from yesterday regarding a specific member. I personally think yesterday was enough and the thread remaining and not being deleted was right and fitting.There were also references to a poster who has made it very public that they are attending a festival over the weekend and very unlikely to be logged on to respond for themself

Maybe posts could have been removed but there was certainly more than just the one I thought went too far.

I am just being honest, I said it, I am putting my hand up... and that was the post that got the thread removed"

over a year ago

I think in fairness that perhaps its not good for the site to have such negative threads? Indeed it was a valid question that was made but surely by removing the offensive comments it would have led to the majority of the thread being removed anyways?

As you all know I can at times be quick to make my opinion known but alas I must agree that if I were a new user to the site that perhaps the hate mongering threads would deter me from wanting to take part?

I think the crap regarding cliques etc is bullshit anyways... Other than in the sense of a like minded group of members but.... I also will not allow my opinion of a singular user to impede on my enjoyment of the forums... I will stick to mailing my true opinions in private

I do feel it's tough on the mods as... It does state 'it is a voluntary position' and they have to decide who is causing the rift... If said dispute is carried from a series of different threads then surely it is impossible for them to make an informed decision and so they ban/remove the current offender!

No point starting a war over what is largely a squabble at best...

We are all blocked anyways

over a year ago

How do ya roll yur Eyes ?

Just askin ?

Corrff

Buboo

over a year ago

dammit, did i miss more gang bang advertisements and split personalities?

dammit dammit dammit!!!

over a year ago

"dammit, did i miss more gang bang advertisements and split personalities?

dammit dammit dammit!!! "

Lmao! no comment

By *uirkygirlCouple
over a year ago

Quirkyville

When did you get so diplomatic???

Anyway.. Fancy fucking my face

over a year ago

"When did you get so diplomatic???

Anyway.. Fancy fucking my face "

I don't believe I see the magic word???

By *uirkygirlCouple
over a year ago

Quirkyville

Please Master of great things x

over a year ago

"When did you get so diplomatic???

Anyway.. Fancy fucking my face "

Tut.....surprised at you Quirks with that kinda filth

By *uirkygirlCouple
over a year ago

Quirkyville

Lol I cant help myself sometimes!! x

By *ex n MusicCouple
over a year ago

Perth

"I think in fairness that perhaps its not good for the site to have such negative threads? Indeed it was a valid question that was made but surely by removing the offensive comments it would have led to the majority of the thread being removed anyways?

As you all know I can at times be quick to make my opinion known but alas I must agree that if I were a new user to the site that perhaps the hate mongering threads would deter me from wanting to take part?

I think the crap regarding cliques etc is bullshit anyways... Other than in the sense of a like minded group of members but.... I also will not allow my opinion of a singular user to impede on my enjoyment of the forums... I will stick to mailing my true opinions in private

I do feel it's tough on the mods as... It does state 'it is a voluntary position' and they have to decide who is causing the rift... If said dispute is carried from a series of different threads then surely it is impossible for them to make an informed decision and so they ban/remove the current offender!

No point starting a war over what is largely a squabble at best...

We are all blocked anyways "

Post new Message to Thread