Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

COVID CHUB

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m keen to loose weight but don’t want to attend a gym during Covid pandemic. Any ideas appreciated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I’m keen to loose weight but don’t want to attend a gym during Covid pandemic. Any ideas appreciated. "

I’ve (F) been making sure to walk a mile every day since covid started, carried on even though gyms are open, seems to be doing the trick, try and pick up the pace a bit now when I’m out get the cardio aswell (though that’s not always fun) lol....I know that can be quite boring but if you can buddy up with someone it helps you along

over a year ago

"I’m keen to loose weight but don’t want to attend a gym during Covid pandemic. Any ideas appreciated.

I’ve (F) been making sure to walk a mile every day since covid started, carried on even though gyms are open, seems to be doing the trick, try and pick up the pace a bit now when I’m out get the cardio aswell (though that’s not always fun) lol....I know that can be quite boring but if you can buddy up with someone it helps you along "

I do approx 10.000 steps or more every day. So walking not a problem. You’re right tho I think picking up the pace on beach walks etc would be of benefit x

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I’m keen to loose weight but don’t want to attend a gym during Covid pandemic. Any ideas appreciated.

I’ve (F) been making sure to walk a mile every day since covid started, carried on even though gyms are open, seems to be doing the trick, try and pick up the pace a bit now when I’m out get the cardio aswell (though that’s not always fun) lol....I know that can be quite boring but if you can buddy up with someone it helps you along

I do approx 10.000 steps or more every day. So walking not a problem. You’re right tho I think picking up the pace on beach walks etc would be of benefit x "

Don’t get me wrong I’m not a fan of running, so I keep it at a comfortable pace but my body seems to of taken well to it lol, I feel your pain though it’s not easy during these times x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dance. It has the added bonus of lifting my mood.

Granted I've not lost any weight or inches but that's more to do with the fact I just eat my feelings!!

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I dance. It has the added bonus of lifting my mood.

Granted I've not lost any weight or inches but that's more to do with the fact I just eat my feelings!! "

Dancing is always good for the soul

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I’m keen to loose weight but don’t want to attend a gym during Covid pandemic. Any ideas appreciated. "

Get walking! Walk walk walk and walk. Give yourself say 2 days a week were you have one cheat meal then after a few weeks take it down to 1. It’s easier said than done but the rewards are both visible and mental.

If you enjoy your fizzy drinks then start of only having 4 a week then 3 then so on. You’ll notice a big difference in the first couple of weeks but don’t get downhearted after that as the losses often take longer.

Invest in a waterproof, Comfy footwear, download your favourite music and podcasts. Try and find some hills and challenge yourself once/twice a week to beat your previous time. The harder you breath the more fat you’ll burn.

Also a wee tip, take a table spoon of apple cider vinegar each day in a glass of water and it will curb your appetite to stop you grazing throughout the day.

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

And remember, nobody wants to fuck an ironing board

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Wish apple cider vinegar tasted more of apple than vinegar!!

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Wish apple cider vinegar tasted more of apple than vinegar!! "

It’s not actually that bad once you get used to it and use a large enough glass to water it down.

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Wish apple cider vinegar tasted more of apple than vinegar!! "

Ah if only lol

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've let this slack a bit recently, mainly due to a foot injury. But I intend to start doing it again soone.

When lockdown first started, I would walk up and down the stairs 200 times a day. It's only 18 steps in total, but it all adds up.

In the morning (I'm an early riser) I would go a quiet walk for 30 minutes, then turn around and come back. As more people worked from home and started going early morning runs/walks, the local Facebook group started posting lesser known walking routes in the local area, and my quiet walks weren't so quiet any more. When it got to the stage that I wasn't walking as far, and spending more and more time stopping to let people past, it put me off a bit.

I believe t's got quieter again in the morning, so may be easier. Or I might just have to mask up through the full walk.

Mandy

By *ltKittyWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

You can go for walks/jogs/runs, do home workouts, start doing yoga, lift some weights etc

By *cotyguyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Been on a weight roller coaster since March. 15.9 and upto 16.3 in May. Then down to 15.7 last month now back on the way up. Everything is all over the place....

over a year ago

Thanks for all the great advice it’s appreciated to know I’m not the only one struggling x

over a year ago

Your not alone. I’ve put on two stone since March. Can’t even look in a mirror. Monday I’m starting getting moving more & eating less

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Wish apple cider vinegar tasted more of apple than vinegar!!

It’s not actually that bad once you get used to it and use a large enough glass to water it down."

I've had it loads of time and still never get that used to it

over a year ago

I started only eating twice a day and no later than 6pm for the last couple weeks. Its helping to move pounds but it's the stones I need to move lol

over a year ago

Walking, buy some weights skipping rope etc train from home

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

Fasting for 1 or 2 days each week seems pretty effective, combined with moderate exercise, it seems to kick metabolism into a fat-burn mode.

By *edGlasgowMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hunners of quality home workouts on YouTube pal, get yourself involved!

over a year ago

Download MyFitnessPal. Track everything you eat and drink. If you want more specific tips message me

over a year ago

"I started only eating twice a day and no later than 6pm for the last couple weeks. Its helping to move pounds but it's the stones I need to move lol "

I work until 7pm so don’t have much choice but to eat late evening sadly. I’m just trying to make healthier choices on the days I’m working.

over a year ago

"Fasting for 1 or 2 days each week seems pretty effective, combined with moderate exercise, it seems to kick metabolism into a fat-burn mode."

I’m not sure I could manage to not eat for a whole day tbh.

over a year ago

"Download MyFitnessPal. Track everything you eat and drink. If you want more specific tips message me "

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I started only eating twice a day and no later than 6pm for the last couple weeks. Its helping to move pounds but it's the stones I need to move lol

I work until 7pm so don’t have much choice but to eat late evening sadly. I’m just trying to make healthier choices on the days I’m working. "

Load up in the morning. Have bacon, eggs or sausages. Stay away from cereals and the like and make sure you eat fatty foods in the morning as it will fill you up for a large part of the day.

Eating sugary foods and cereals in the morning will leave you needing something else after a couple of hours then you’ll start grazing on all manner of unhealthy shite.

It’s a myth that eating fat makes you fat. Fat fills you up whereas with sugar it has a lasting craving effect and that’s what makes people gain weight.

As above my pm is open for more wee tips I’ve picked up. I have a great guy I follow on social media. I’m not going to say it here publicly for my own discretion as amongst people I know I’m a bit of cheerleader for him now as I lost 1.5 stone leading up to lockdown.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I eat whatever i want but only have 2 meals a day and hardly ever eat snacks. Seems to work for me.

By *exy gentMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

There is a bootcamp that does zoom classes, bloody awesome ive done it on and off for 6 years, fisherrow bootcamp, gets great results

By *ompip3Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

It’s not actually that bad once you get used to it and use a large enough glass to water it down.

I've had it loads of time and still never get that used to it "

Pip managed to get Apple Cider Vinegar in a Gummie form online, she takes that but couldn't take ACV on its own!

Thank the make is Goli? or something x

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've been fasting n have lost a stone, I do 18/6 n regularly shift the times around to fit my life.In my eating window I eat what I want Started climbing big hills at least once a week so guess that helps. Also use acv with molasses. I don't drink fizzy drinks so wasn't something I could cut but have found I don't crave sweets the way I used to

K

over a year ago

I've had it loads of time and still never get that used to it

Pip managed to get Apple Cider Vinegar in a Gummie form online, she takes that but couldn't take ACV on its own!

Thank the make is Goli? or something x"

Yes I got some Goli gummies. The kids ate them!!

I've bought some fat burners.. Volt and Zeto to try.

Really I just need to cut out sugar and eat proper meals.

That said I'm currently eating chocolate chip cookies whilst doing course work. It's all my own doing

over a year ago

"I started only eating twice a day and no later than 6pm for the last couple weeks. Its helping to move pounds but it's the stones I need to move lol

I work until 7pm so don’t have much choice but to eat late evening sadly. I’m just trying to make healthier choices on the days I’m working.

Load up in the morning. Have bacon, eggs or sausages. Stay away from cereals and the like and make sure you eat fatty foods in the morning as it will fill you up for a large part of the day.

Eating sugary foods and cereals in the morning will leave you needing something else after a couple of hours then you’ll start grazing on all manner of unhealthy shite.

It’s a myth that eating fat makes you fat. Fat fills you up whereas with sugar it has a lasting craving effect and that’s what makes people gain weight.

As above my pm is open for more wee tips I’ve picked up. I have a great guy I follow on social media. I’m not going to say it here publicly for my own discretion as amongst people I know I’m a bit of cheerleader for him now as I lost 1.5 stone leading up to lockdown."

Will pm you

over a year ago

There is a bootcamp that does zoom classes, bloody awesome ive done it on and off for 6 years, fisherrow bootcamp, gets great results "

Will look into it thanks x

over a year ago

Doesn't matter what I eat or how much I never seem to put weight on its great

over a year ago

"Doesn't matter what I eat or how much I never seem to put weight on its great "

No one likes a show off

over a year ago

"Doesn't matter what I eat or how much I never seem to put weight on its great

No one likes a show off "

Apologies , Im not egotistical like that , Im very lucky I dont have to worry about that side of life , Puting on the pounds will come natural to me when im older or so people tell me

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Callisthenetics

over a year ago

So many bad and non sustainable ideas being put forward. Losing weight is simple. Burn more calories than you take in. To understand it, you need to count your calories initially, and have something (fit bit, Apple Watch) to measure your calorie burn. Thereafter it depends what you want to do. You will lose weight but won’t tone up without exercise.

To the person that suggest fatty foods, that is a terrible diet and not good long term. So many fad diets which work short term but once you stop it comes back quick

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"So many bad and non sustainable ideas being put forward. Losing weight is simple. Burn more calories than you take in. To understand it, you need to count your calories initially, and have something (fit bit, Apple Watch) to measure your calorie burn. Thereafter it depends what you want to do. You will lose weight but won’t tone up without exercise.

To the person that suggest fatty foods, that is a terrible diet and not good long term. So many fad diets which work short term but once you stop it comes back quick "

not quite as simple as you put it some food types store easy the body won't unlock some stored food without specific criteria being met. though a lot of folk are terrible for unbalanced diets loading up on carb and processed food it's the curse of modern living. I'd say most folks problem though is portion control what most take as a portion is usually over two portions in size and eating it all instead of when satiated

over a year ago

I agree. It’s about macros but the basics are correct. I just despair of the fad diets

Post new Message to Thread