Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Olympics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just read who is going to represent team GB at football. I have only heard of about 5 of them and i am a football fan. No players that went to the Euros and played?

I have no idea whats happening.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The bulk of the team has to be under 23, 3 overage allowed, it was agreed that any players from the euros are exempt to give them a break .

over a year ago

3 welsh and the rest english....no suprise there then ehe?

Auds

over a year ago

My mr has just put a major rant on Facebook and binned his £50 team gb football top because there are no Scottish people in it. I don't really care but I guess if it's a team GB there should be people from all home countries

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Should have at least 2 best players from each country, then the rest can be from England as it has the largest population after all.

over a year ago

With staurt pearce the Manager what did everyone expect?. Also think its a shocking decision that Beck's wasnt included as an over ager.the Tickets he would have sold alone?

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Stuart (psycho) Pearce, is a knob.

That is all.

over a year ago

"Stuart (psycho) Pearce, is a knob.

That is all."

over a year ago

"My mr has just put a major rant on Facebook and binned his £50 team gb football top because there are no Scottish people in it. I don't really care but I guess if it's a team GB there should be people from all home countries"

Im no expert here… and im often wrong…. but if the footie is treated the same as the other sports in the Olympics, then people are chosen by ability and trials. If you dont make the grade then your not in.

It is a shame that there are no Scots in the team…. but if putting a Scot in the team just for the sake of it meant dropping another player that was better…??

Steve

over a year ago

"My mr has just put a major rant on Facebook and binned his £50 team gb football top because there are no Scottish people in it. I don't really care but I guess if it's a team GB there should be people from all home countries

Im no expert here… and im often wrong…. but if the footie is treated the same as the other sports in the Olympics, then people are chosen by ability and trials. If you dont make the grade then your not in.

It is a shame that there are no Scots in the team…. but if putting a Scot in the team just for the sake of it meant dropping another player that was better…??

Steve

"

Can you name which keeper selected is better quality than mcgregor, which midfielders are better than Morrison and which forwards are better than Fletcher? Fletcher got 14 goals il the EPL which is higher than any of the players in the team gb football team, whilst Morrison got more assists...I think this has been a case of nationality more than anything else

over a year ago

il is meant to say in, bloody iphone

over a year ago

"My mr has just put a major rant on Facebook and binned his £50 team gb football top because there are no Scottish people in it. I don't really care but I guess if it's a team GB there should be people from all home countries

Steve

Can you name which keeper selected is better quality than mcgregor, which midfielders are better than Morrison and which forwards are better than Fletcher? Fletcher got 14 goals il the EPL which is higher than any of the players in the team gb football team, whilst Morrison got more assists...I think this has been a case of nationality more than anything else"

In a word no I can't say who is better than who. I'm not qualified to say.

I'm assuming those who picked the final squad are more qualified than you or I in that.

I agree with you that it would of been nice to see some Scots in the final team but if the selection board feels there are better out there then so be it.

Steve.

over a year ago

Worth noting that the SFA actively discouraged any Scottish players putting themselves forward for selection,

By *__KMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

If Scotland gets its own team for international events, why doesn't it get its own Olympic team?

over a year ago

I actually disagree with ANY PROFESSIONAL sportsmen/women competing at all at the Olympics.

Its an event for AMATEURS only........

Think Andy Murray or Rafa Nadal competing for a tennis Gold......shouldn't be allowed.

The spirit of the Games is for amateur competition.

By *jeasyriderMan
over a year ago

near paisley

i won 4 tickets for the football at hampden: told them i was not interested in sitting in an empty stadium;

the stewards and police will out number the supporters.

over a year ago

does anyone even give a toss

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

London Olympics - political vanity project.

£10 billion, it's all about the 'legacy'. Oh away go and boil yer heid!

£5 billion spent on sports facilitys across the UK would have left a proper legacy. One where kids have somewhere to play, learn and grow.

The health improvement alone would save £20+ billion over the next 25 years.

over a year ago

well i'm glad no Celtic players have been picked

By *jeasyriderMan
over a year ago

near paisley

"well i'm glad no Celtic players have been picked"
none for rangers either

over a year ago

"well i'm glad no Celtic players have been pickednone for rangers either"

do rangers have players? what do celtic and rangers have to do with the olympics btw?

By *jeasyriderMan
over a year ago

near paisley

"well i'm glad no Celtic players have been pickednone for rangers either

do rangers have players? what do celtic and rangers have to do with the olympics btw?"

they play football no like the players stuart pearce pick

Post new Message to Thread