Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Covid

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I know its a horrible virus and can be deadly but has anyone here had the virus or got it ? If so what was your experience of it as I'm hearing people saying they don't feel unwell or that with it so I'm just curious really

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So I know its a horrible virus and can be deadly but has anyone here had the virus or got it ? If so what was your experience of it as I'm hearing people saying they don't feel unwell or that with it so I'm just curious really"

Spoke with a lady today who’s hubby died from it. She’s no idea how he got it as they had been shielding 5 weeks previously. He did however have an underlying lung condition. She never caught it while living with him.

Guys heading offshore have to be tested and show negative before they are allowed to fly. Spoke with 2 guys who tested positive which came as a shock to them as they had no or showed any symptoms prior or after the test.

over a year ago

My friend tested positive a couple days ago, she feels completely fine apart from a slight runny nose.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Uncle died from it and a friend had both her parents die from it.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"My friend tested positive a couple days ago, she feels completely fine apart from a slight runny nose. "
testing positive doesn't mean you have covid there's many false positives I think the only accurate way to diagnose it is through growth cultures

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I know 2 who have had it same symotoms, back pain, sweats, loss of appitiet snd a crippling sore head amongst other things.

Bed for a week

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

At the moment I know 10 ppl who have tested positive the past week.

One family 5 people in total all have very different symptoms

over a year ago

From what I've seen with people I know that have had it, it seems varied some are no worse than a slight cough, my aunt almost ended up in hospital and a friend passed away due to it. Its pretty nasty thing to get :/

By *psmCouple
over a year ago

near arbroath

My work has had 5 cases, only one person showed symptoms and was tested because they lost there sense of smell

over a year ago

Had it confirmed back near the start, likely caught it at work.

Day 1-4 muscle aches, sore throat, dry cough. 1 day altered taste.

Day 5-7 felt better.

Day 8-10 horrendous breathlessness on exertion.

All got better pretty quickly and I'm better than ever now, but as a healthy young guy it was a bit of a shock. Interestingly, other than neighbours who lost a relative, I don't know anyone else who had it.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Had it confirmed back near the start, likely caught it at work.

Day 1-4 muscle aches, sore throat, dry cough. 1 day altered taste.

Day 5-7 felt better.

Day 8-10 horrendous breathlessness on exertion.

All got better pretty quickly and I'm better than ever now, but as a healthy young guy it was a bit of a shock. Interestingly, other than neighbours who lost a relative, I don't know anyone else who had it."

That’s great you got over it I have heard people say the effects can last quite a while

Had only heard of 1 person I know personally until this past week and now I know 3

By *itznBobz2018Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

My oldest has just confirmed she has tested positive. She is showing no symptoms.

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Best pals daughter who is very pregnant currently on a ventilator in hospital, and a friend is just about to come out of self isolation after her daughter and 3 friends tested positive one was quite ill with it.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

My work conducted their own tests for it and the anti-bodies, and although the testing was stopped for nearly 5 months, I finally had mine last week, and have had it confirmed that I have the anti-bodies for one strain of it.

I think it was during early-February, when about 95% of my workplace was hit by a bad bug.

The main symptom I remember was the lack of overall energy, which given that it's mainly a respiratory condition, may have been related to a lack of oxygen.

It started off with a really bad sore throat, and I felt like I was burning up, so that would have been the high temperature.

The next 4 days after that were spent very lethargically, with the 2nd day being by far the worst.

My girlfriend also had it at the same time as me, but she suffered the loss of taste and smell symptom, and I had the "unspoken" symptom.

I went back to work 6 days after first sign of the symptoms, and still had a bit of a sore throat at that time, but it was all during the early days of the pandemic, and folk didn't know what they were looking for, nor about isolating from others to protect them.

Mandy

over a year ago

(in march)I convinced myself for a few days I might have a chest infection because I didn't have a fever,took time off work for a cpl of days though eventually was advised to self isolate for 7 days. returned to work(physical work I add), within an hour or so I was struggling to breathe and getting dizzy and confused.

got a taxi home from advice from nhs24(again because I didnt have a temperature),this was around 1030pm.

got home n sat down nhs called, asked the same questions and then decided I should go in for a "test",they got me transport there and back.at the clinic the doc done a "test",blood pressure,temp and checked breathing.

He decided I probably had the virus and the physical work had impacted me. no swab or anything.

So for a week again I was self isolating,and any form of physical activity left me continually breathless.

my thoughts? I wish people would stop saying it doesnt exist,is just a flu etc

I wish people would stop listening to shite theyve read thats constantly being debunked.

I wish people would have some understanding and empathy for the seriously infected - those with age and those with comorbidities.

I wish people would understand the fear,pain and loneliness of those hospitalized,especially our elderly.

I wish people would stop complaining about restrictions as well as politicizing them.

I wish people would understand the transmission and the routes to minimising transmission.

I hope people understand when the flu season kicks in the virus transmission could double/triple- adding extra risk.

Finally,I wish people would stop acting like idiots.

over a year ago

"Finally,I wish people would stop acting like idiots."

Your expectations are way too high

over a year ago

"Finally,I wish people would stop acting like idiots.

Your expectations are way too high "

By *uffolkJohnMan
over a year ago

Newmarket

"(in march)I convinced myself for a few days I might have a chest infection because I didn't have a fever,took time off work for a cpl of days though eventually was advised to self isolate for 7 days. returned to work(physical work I add), within an hour or so I was struggling to breathe and getting dizzy and confused.

got a taxi home from advice from nhs24(again because I didnt have a temperature),this was around 1030pm.

got home n sat down nhs called, asked the same questions and then decided I should go in for a "test",they got me transport there and back.at the clinic the doc done a "test",blood pressure,temp and checked breathing.

He decided I probably had the virus and the physical work had impacted me. no swab or anything.

So for a week again I was self isolating,and any form of physical activity left me continually breathless.

I wish people would stop listening to shite theyve read thats constantly being debunked.

I wish people would have some understanding and empathy for the seriously infected - those with age and those with comorbidities.

I wish people would understand the fear,pain and loneliness of those hospitalized,especially our elderly.

I wish people would stop complaining about restrictions as well as politicizing them.

I wish people would understand the transmission and the routes to minimising transmission.

I hope people understand when the flu season kicks in the virus transmission could double/triple- adding extra risk.

Finally,I wish people would stop acting like idiots."

Flu is more harmful and kills more people. Its a shame you didn't do your research before you made all those wishes. I hope it's not your kids or grand kids that will loose their livelihoods for this ridiculous over reaction.

over a year ago

"(in march)I convinced myself for a few days I might have a chest infection because I didn't have a fever,took time off work for a cpl of days though eventually was advised to self isolate for 7 days. returned to work(physical work I add), within an hour or so I was struggling to breathe and getting dizzy and confused.

Finally,I wish people would stop acting like idiots.

Flu is more harmful and kills more people. Its a shame you didn't do your research before you made all those wishes. I hope it's not your kids or grand kids that will loose their livelihoods for this ridiculous over reaction. "

Oh really? wish I had known that, can you cite your information and put it into relative context. What happens when people catch flu and covid?-just wondering.

By *hatsmynameagainCouple
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I've had one extended family member die and another recovered

The one that recovered was really ill for 4 days then absolutely fine, No lasting symptoms at all

About 10 years back I had **A** Coronavirus that led to pneumonia

I was off work for 8 weeks but took me around a year to recover so im not taking my chances with this

Mr

over a year ago

"I know 2 who have had it same symotoms, back pain, sweats, loss of appitiet snd a crippling sore head amongst other things.

Bed for a week"

Yes that sounds bang on i was bedded with that last Christmas i had met a teacher a few weeks previously and some of her pupils had been on skiing trips in Europe.

I had this auful fever and headache nothing would shift and it was a 3 month after before i had old energy levels back.

Yet officially they say it hit uk in March ??

By *uffolkJohnMan
over a year ago

Newmarket

Keenphotographer, I posted the most up to date full season public health England flu surveillance data (which has 5 years flu data in it) and a CDC official government flu information/symptoms which are very comprehensive including effects on children and you post an independent unverified website and you go with that. No wonder we are in the state we are. Good luck.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Keenphotographer, I posted the most up to date full season public health England flu"

We’re in scotland, we do shit differently up here

over a year ago

So people are suddenly medical experts .... Jesus Christ .......

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Please do not post links onto the thread that are not allowed.

I have posted from the Forum Rules below.

Links to other sites

We have restrictions on where you can link to because otherwise people end up posting spam or links to places that host malware/spyware and it's bad for our users.

You can link to:

Any well recognised news site (bbc, times, telegraph, sun, cnn and all the rest)

Youtube

Lovehoney

Wikipedia

I appreciate the intent was to share information, but your support to not post any that are not in the list above is very much appreciated,

thank you

over a year ago

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsduetocoronaviruscovid19comparedwithdeathsfrominfluenzaandpneumoniaenglandandwales/deathsoccurringbetween1januaryand31august2020

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"So I know its a horrible virus and can be deadly but has anyone here had the virus or got it ? If so what was your experience of it as I'm hearing people saying they don't feel unwell or that with it so I'm just curious really"

Have several clients that have died as a result of Covid. I am told that the deaths and the symptoms were very unpleasant in each case

By *s cynicalWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I tested positive 2 days ago. Day 1 just felt achy and had a banging headache... now have a bit of a cough and I'm lethargic. Other than that I feel ok.

over a year ago

"I tested positive 2 days ago. Day 1 just felt achy and had a banging headache... now have a bit of a cough and I'm lethargic. Other than that I feel ok."

I hope that's as bad as it gets with you

over a year ago

G here. I caught it back in April. It knocked me out for six weeks - laboured breathing, zero energy, muscle weakness and a fever. After those six weeks, I felt fine, but I’ve had much shorter and milder recurrences in the months since. Days - like today, actually - where I slept fine but woke up with minimal energy and weak muscles.

over a year ago

"G here. I caught it back in April. It knocked me out for six weeks - laboured breathing, zero energy, muscle weakness and a fever. After those six weeks, I felt fine, but I’ve had much shorter and milder recurrences in the months since. Days - like today, actually - where I slept fine but woke up with minimal energy and weak muscles. "

same here,the breathing was the worst and the minute I got up to do anything I was sounding like a seal or something.

over a year ago

"I tested positive 2 days ago. Day 1 just felt achy and had a banging headache... now have a bit of a cough and I'm lethargic. Other than that I feel ok."

Post new Message to Thread